Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 41,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Handcent notification LED not working?! :(

Tip us?

erklat
Old
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb22354677 View Post
Now should repair it
Mate stick to the first page. Stop raising dead threads all for nothing.

Xumbik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Issues with the Handcent Notification LED

Hey! I've spent too many hours on this now, and I figured going here was a solid choice. Tried searching for an answer, but that yielded this thread, which, unfortunately didn't solve my problem.

Issue: The LED-light doesn't turn on when I receive new SMS- or MMS-messages.

I'm using Handcent. In Handcent I've configured the LED-light to be on, with a solid blue color. Testing the notification in Handcent yields the correct results - a solid, blue, glow.

Receiving either SMS- or MMS-messages doesn't trigger the LED. I get vibration, sound and the Handcent pop-up. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for HBOOT I'm using CM7r2 and the ROM I'm using is MildWild's CM 4.2.

I've been fiddling around with the CyanogenMod settings > Interface > LED notifications options for a few hours and managed to get a blinking red and a blinking green light for new Handcent events. However, selecting "use application settings" doesn't seem to patch it through to Handcent. So the settings I'm doing now (to get some sort of visual feedback) is "Force LED on" and "Red" for the LED color.

I've tried using SMS popup and LightFlow, neither of which solved my problem.

So, TL;DR. I want the solid (blue) LED notification back when receiving new SMS- and MMS-messages using Handcent, is there any way to do this?

Thanks!