5,606,722 Members 37,491 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Odin stuck while trying to change to Euro firmware....

Tip us?

gn2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Odin stuck while trying to change to Euro firmware....

Hi, searched and found nothing matching my situation...

I'm trying to follow the guide to change my firmware on my Tab P1000 to European so I can use it as a large phone...

In the first step, I loaded all the requested files to Odin, while in download mode, and hit "Start", the result is not good...

Odin is stuck, all buttons greyed out and the notification box states: SetupConnection.

On the screen of the Tab, there is a very small blue indicator below the yellow construction triangle...

Please tell me the best way to proceed. Can I disconnect, power off and not have done any harm....yet ?

I'm afraid to touch anything....the battery will die if I wait too long though, of course....

gn2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So, I'm an idiot replying to my own thread, but I couldn't see where/how to delete it....

I took the plunge, hit the red X in the corner of Odin to close it and took the phone out of download mode by holding down the power button...

Thanks goodness it booted normally after that....

SOrry for the idiot thread, mods, if you see this, please delete it for me....thanks...

gn2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
In case anyone has the same issue, I figured out WHY Odin froze/failed...

The file I was trying to flash was corrupt.

For some reason I can't figure out, all of the files I tried to download to use to flash my Tab were corrupt. It wasn't till I started using 7z to extract them that I saw I was getting CRC recovery errors. Izarc, another free extraction program wasn't showing any errors upon extraction with the same files...When I used files I downloaded that had SHA1 hash verification figures that I could verify the integrity of the download THEN Odin worked without issue.

Pancakes_Gio
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Flash it again, that happens to me sometimes

Inviato dal mio GT-S5660 con XDA PREMIUM