old

Search This thread

johnraziel

Apr 7, 2012
No its not like that,, i can clearly See the Pictures or Colors.. I am worried abt the dark spot..Its dint increase from 2 weeks.. Its like it more polished there.. however its Noticible only when in Standby mode(DisplayOff0, when Screen is turned On, it dosent seem to Bother me.. what can it b exactly..

And if i replace it,, Will it b done for free

Ah i see. Its either stuck px or a forced pressure. Try fixing it first. Theres lotsa tutorials in the web eliminating the dark spot. You could remove it by applying small amount of force from the spot gently like smudging through out the screen to release the stucked px. Im not an expert on this, so probably, google can help you best. If the spot grew larger then definitely you need it to be replaced. I dont know if sony would replace it for free since they only cover factory defects. The replacement service should be free, but i guess your case falls under misuse and mishandling the device. Sony could/would charge you from that. Better call customer support about your warranty coverage to clear things up about the replacement. If you are lucky, maybe they would replace it for free.

Reactions: Aamirx27

Aamirx27

Feb 10, 2008
Srinagar
Ah i see. Its either stuck px or a forced pressure. Try fixing it first. Theres lotsa tutorials in the web eliminating the dark spot. You could remove it by applying small amount of force from the spot gently like smudging through out the screen to release the stucked px. Im not an expert on this, so probably, google can help you best. If the spot grew larger then definitely you need it to be replaced. I dont know if sony would replace it for free since they only cover factory defects. The replacement service should be free, but i guess your case falls under misuse and mishandling the device. Sony could/would charge you from that. Better call customer support about your warranty coverage to clear things up about the replacement. If you are lucky, maybe they would replace it for free.

Thanks bro.. If i open Disassemble the Device Wud it Help Me out.. Coz i have a Supplier Warranty not manf? And bro as far as I can See Its On Touch Screen the Display Seems to b Fine

Last edited:

johnraziel

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks bro.. If i open Disassemble the Device Wud it Help Me out.. Coz i have a Supplier Warranty not manf? And bro as far as I can See Its On Touch Screen the Display Seems to b Fine

hmmmm, you dont need to disassemble your screen if you are just going to fix the stuck px / dead px.... unless you are replacing it.... you should try -Dead Pixel Detect and Fix- app from the google market.

(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.htc.chris.blackspotdetect)

It might help you fixing it if it is really a stuck px or dead px. But if that little tiny black dots gain size, I guess its time to replace it...

Aamirx27

Feb 10, 2008
Srinagar
hmmmm, you dont need to disassemble your screen if you are just going to fix the stuck px / dead px.... unless you are replacing it.... you should try -Dead Pixel Detect and Fix- app from the google market.

(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.htc.chris.blackspotdetect)

It might help you fixing it if it is really a stuck px or dead px. But if that little tiny black dots gain size, I guess its time to replace it...

Bro I disassembled it yesterday.. i the main Display id Good No Dead Pixel.. Its Only On the touch Screen the Above one thats attached with the Upper Body of the Phone.. Is there any way to Fix it..

Aamirx27

Feb 10, 2008
Srinagar
here is the Picture

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 59

Qwerty123 \m/

Nov 3, 2011
xxxxxxxxx
Does the Neo have a stock scratch guard ?? ie already applied on it ??
I took one really thick scratch guard of a Xperia Ray today
Im guessing SE puts that

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
My neo came with a screen protector in the box. I never put it on.

On my old x10 i found there was a flimsy, easy to remove, screen protector on the phone (One that all displays have on for shipping) and then another more difficult one that was hard to remove. I removed it becuase the scren protector got really dirty and scratached and the actual screen itself has never looked better.

I think the only reason SE added that one was in case the screen cracks it holds it all together so you cant get cut from the glass if there is a slight crack in it...

so, my advice is.

Dont bother with screen protectors

Apr 7, 2012
The cost of a screen protector is just very minimal compared to the actual screen in case anything happens. Same goes for the silicone casing.

Sent from my MT15i using XDA

arcatarc

I have never Used One that Come With the Box nor have i applied any kind of protector. But when i touch the Affected area, it feels Kinda rough..

Many sony devices have a screen protector preassembled (i've removed it from my ray)it is very hard to remove but you can could be that in your case only this part is demaged

Sent from my ST18i using XDA App

Reactions: Qwerty123 \m/

johnraziel

Apr 7, 2012
Bro I disassembled it yesterday.. i the main Display id Good No Dead Pixel.. Its Only On the touch Screen the Above one thats attached with the Upper Body of the Phone.. Is there any way to Fix it..

you mean its not the LCD itself? but the screen cover? when you remove the shell, the black spot doesnt shows anymore?

jucachaves

Apr 13, 2011
The biggest problem with a screen protector is the decrease of screen brightness. If you still want one, be sure to choose a washable like Moshi iVisor (not available for Neo).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It should be safe..no worries...I dropped my old Neo face flat and dragged it while it was on the floor and no scratches .I got lucky

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    yea been using it for 4 months now , no scratches so far been using it with a naked screen since day 1
    No its not like that,, i can clearly See the Pictures or Colors.. I am worried abt the dark spot..Its dint increase from 2 weeks.. Its like it more polished there.. however its Noticible only when in Standby mode(DisplayOff0, when Screen is turned On, it dosent seem to Bother me.. what can it b exactly..

And if i replace it,, Will it b done for free

I have never Used One that Come With the Box nor have i applied any kind of protector. But when i touch the Affected area, it feels Kinda rough..

Many sony devices have a screen protector preassembled (i've removed it from my ray)it is very hard to remove but you can could be that in your case only this part is demaged

Sent from my ST18i using XDA App