Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 51,849 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CM7 8GB &16GB Compatible Beta for the Nook Tablet.., Updated 7th July to Beta

Tip us?

bocaccio
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by movrshakr View Post
Yes, you can then get the tablet either into CM7 from the card or into native Nook.

The details of how seems to be sightly different depending on who-knows-what. On mine, with the CM7 microSD card in, if you boot from a TOTALLY Off state, it boots from the card into CM7. If you reboot from any non-power off state, or if the card is out, it boots into native Nook.

Some people have cards that require power cord to be plugged in to boot into CM7. As I understand it, you cannot tell in advance if yours will work that way.
Best help all day long!! Easy enough boot cm7 leave card in and so on. Question is where can i get a decent stock? Mine is acting kinda weird. It will not go into the email app.Crashes when i try to open it says it cannot find email app. And settings force closes when i try and modify the keyboard settings.
download dj mixes and check out my dance music radio

CelticWebSolutions
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2021

DONATE TO ME
Well we'd intended to have full source available this weekend but we've got one little hurdle thats causing us a headache. What we want is a source that you can add into the main cm7 source, set it to go and it will spit out a 100% working update that would convert a stock NT into a cm7 NT. We are there all bar one little issue where we nee the build to run a small script right at the end before it zips it all up. For some reason we can't get it to do it, maybe we're trying to run it from the wrong place or something. We don't really know, if anybody has any ideas drop me a PM and hopefully we can get a fully working source posted for everyone to have a play with

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer

Have a great Easter!
If I've helped you out, no need to post saying thanks. Just click the button to thank me.

Thank you for your donations, They'll be used towards buying another device to play with

If you'd like to donate to Team-B (Thatís Myself and Goncezilla)
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to CelticWebSolutions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GuyInDogSuit
Old
Thanks Meter 406

DONATE TO ME
What do I do if it starts, says "Installing update...." and nothing else happens even after twenty minutes?
"We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours."

Current Device(s):
Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T)
NVIDIA Shield

Paranoid Android Gapps

tmjohnsonfse
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadSquirrel View Post
What do I do if it starts, says "Installing update...." and nothing else happens even after twenty minutes?
Posting in the right forum would be a good start. This is for development only. There is a Q&A section for CM7 related questions. Thanks.

GuyInDogSuit
Old
Thanks Meter 406

DONATE TO ME
Sure, no problem.

Sent from my Amaze 4G using xda premium
"We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours."

Current Device(s):
Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T)
NVIDIA Shield

Paranoid Android Gapps

dang69
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Could someone tell me what the default resolution is set to on CM7? I am running CM9 right now for a little while but there were some things which I think were resolution related I liked better about CM7 Should be somewhere around 160dpi, I believe our devices are native 151dpi.

original_ganjaman
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4836
MOD Notice

I really should not have to posting this over and over. There is a support thread, it is clearly visible in the first post. As highlighted, only post development related posts here, if it is a general user question, please use said support thread. Read the whole first post before you post!!

Continued posting of non dev posts, just clutters up the development thread, making it more difficult for the good Devs do there work. Let alone bring you to my attention

Age, catamite - fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to original_ganjaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Devol
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Please, add in BOLD, this rom doesn`t work with 8Gb nook! Maybe it will save some people from breaking their nervs.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

8Gb? Check my thread in q&a section...looks like we are in the same boat
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

movrshakr
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devol View Post
Please, add in BOLD, this rom doesn`t work with 8Gb nook! Maybe it will save some people from breaking their nervs.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

I fully believe that as time progresses, B&N keeps doing things to lock the Nook down--failing to realize that the more flexible it is, the better for them. I think they are in Apple mode--"our stuff or nothing."
Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 ATT (Current)
Samsung Captivate I897 (Build 1006) - DesignGears' [ROM][2.2] Cognition 4.5.3
Nook Tablet 16GB booting CM7 from microSD - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1481826
Retired Devices: Moto RAZR, Samsung X427M, Samsung Eternity; many b4 those.

Solar.Plexus
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devol View Post

You could run the SD version of CM7. That one does work with the 8GB model NT.