Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4/17 {GPL} BOCA MSI (ROM for all GSM SGT7 devices) AOSP/CM7 base

Tip us?

xornx
Old
Thanks Meter 7
dIZZ i cant install boca on my p1000L humberos 2.1 gingerbread, i enter on cwr and when ends of readin ackage it says status 7 error and dont proceed to install, so im stuck, i have heard the sexy robot voice since installed gingerbread humberos 2.0, what im doing wrong? thnx in advance

Alcibiade
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Diz MSI is amazing. I can't believe you managed to make something faster than RC1 while super stable. Been using it for a day and so far it works perfectly for me
Just waiting now for the same magic in a CM9 ROM (icedBoca maybe?)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Alcibiade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qm4n76
Old
Thanks Meter 106
has use this Boca RC2 for two days, this ROM is amazing, fast, lite, and flawless....,
thanks DIZ,...

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xornx View Post
dIZZ i cant install boca on my p1000L humberos 2.1 gingerbread, i enter on cwr and when ends of readin ackage it says status 7 error and dont proceed to install, so im stuck, i have heard the sexy robot voice since installed gingerbread humberos 2.0, what im doing wrong? thnx in advance
try restocking you GB with GB safe stock v5 (do not forget to chek Repartition), then flasing with overcome kernel 4.0, if you don't know how to do it just go to overcome website for how to, after that go to CWM, do a full wipe, then flasing with this ROM, otherwise chek the MD5 of your ROM file.
Itís your Android, your one and only Android-so take excellence very personally
[TABLET1] Gtab P1000 for daily use SOLD OUT
[TABLET2] Gtab P1000 for testing of any P1000 ROM
[PHONE1] iPhone 4 Trade with GT-N7000
[PHONE2] SGS 2 [ROM-ICS]-[--VK--ô]-[-XWLPG-V5.1.2]
[PHONE3] Axio VIGO-410 MIUI 1.11.11 by tjstyle

[PHONE4] NOKIA XM5800 death
[PHONE5] NEXUS 4
The Following User Says Thank You to qm4n76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dizgustipated
Old
(Last edited by dizgustipated; 10th April 2012 at 07:00 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1178

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xornx View Post
Hmm.
Try above suggestion by qm4n76, but replacing a L/N overcome kernel when guide asks for kernel entries
Or;
Firstly try a fresh download.
If you get the same error,

Then: (and ill fix this in an update - if it turns out to be the issue)

Open the zip, and then open the updater script.
delete the following lines:

Code:
 assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxytab" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxytab" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "galaxytab" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-P1000" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-P1000" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "GT-P1000" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-P1000L" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-P1000" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "GT-P1000L" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-P1000N" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-P1000" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "GT-P1000N" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-T849" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-T849" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "SGH-T849" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I897" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I897" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "SGH-I897");
Save, reZip and flash, but...

included kernel is for P1000/R/T devices.
You must also flash your device kernel.

Humbertos and ronis_br build L/N Kernels, see respective threads for your devices AOSP/CM7 kernels.
(If a user wants to build a BOCA L/N kernel, sources are on my github - feel free to send pull requests)
if a CWR L/N kernel zip is made/posted, ill link to it in OP.

Ill also update the install instructions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince_junior View Post
hi, diz & boxhead.

it's my first time to use the boca rom. i noticed in the screenshots that in portrait mode, the notification/status bar is on the lower part of the screen. is this the same in landscape?

thanks!
Yes it is,
it can be easily changed to the top by going to:
Settings/cyanogenmodSettings/tablet tweaks.

The whole cyanogenMod settings directory in general has some nifty tweaks available
sgt7 ports & roms:
OMFGB "OMFG...T"

meXdroid Atomic "BOCA Atomic"
CM7 "BOCA" / CM9 "icedBOCA" / DianXin OS "BOCA DX" / 2.3.7 BLINDmokee

Project AOSEP / Supreme overlord of Magrathea Roms
contact me / phone idiot support
The Following User Says Thank You to dizgustipated For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vince_junior
Old
Thanks Meter 13
may i ask the best dpi setting for the boca msi rom? thanks!

danih
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Ok, sorry for being a moron, but I don't see a download link, on magrathea I only see RC1...

dizgustipated
Old
(Last edited by dizgustipated; 10th April 2012 at 08:07 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1178

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by danih View Post
Ok, sorry for being a moron, but I don't see a download link, on magrathea I only see RC1...
download link
http://goo.im/devs/dizgustipated/Roms/BOCA/RC2
website is going to be reworked to reflect all my work
Quote:
may i ask the best dpi setting for the boca msi rom? thanks!
240 & 160 for best market compatibility
180 is my favorite general use dpi
160 seems to make ui faster, but breaks/askews some images like keyboard background and status bar pulldown data toggle background.
sgt7 ports & roms:
OMFGB "OMFG...T"

meXdroid Atomic "BOCA Atomic"
CM7 "BOCA" / CM9 "icedBOCA" / DianXin OS "BOCA DX" / 2.3.7 BLINDmokee

Project AOSEP / Supreme overlord of Magrathea Roms
contact me / phone idiot support
The Following User Says Thank You to dizgustipated For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boxhead72
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
hi, diz & boxhead.

it's my first time to use the boca rom. i noticed in the screenshots that in portrait mode, the notification/status bar is on the lower part of the screen. is this the same in landscape?

thanks!
Sure does. As per my reply it is very customisable.
You can set it to appear at the top and bottom, the buttons that appear etc. It is highly customisable.

Go to the Cyanogen mod settings for now and you can set the look and fell. The launcher also has it's own settings that you can change such as the auto rotate.
The Following User Says Thank You to boxhead72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vince_junior
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Thanks diz for this amazing rom! The fastest ive ever tried!

Thanks box for the guide and replies!

Another concern: is there a way to completely disable the capacitive buttons (aside from blinkertab, which is somewhat inconsistent and unstable).

Thanks!

danih
Old
Thanks Meter 6
OK, the moron is back with a vengeance: autorotate (orientation) does not work. I faintly remember a message after install, but I can't remember it - so where can I enable it? I am using the first launcher (not the VTL, the other, can't remember it's name - I always used LauncherPro) if this helps.

Tags
boca, cm7, dizgustipated, gpl, port