Thread Closed

[Rom] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2) | Task650 (6.24.13) AT&T

OP task650

10th April 2012, 06:26 AM   |  #2681  
Flag Charleston, Ar
Thanks Meter: 64

365 posts
More
Well task, I don't know what the hell I did earlier to cause the FC of ROM Manager. I have been messing with the undervolting settings and no issues. I'm glad though. Lol. Thank you for the ROM.
10th April 2012, 06:26 AM   |  #2682  
Flag Kentucky, USA
Thanks Meter: 26

180 posts
More
I may be speaking out of turn here, but I just wanted to make a few comments. I am a member of many other forums, most of which aren't programming/tech/phone related at all, and I have owned/moderated a few forums in my day as well. I will admit that none of them were/are on such a grand scale as XDA, but then again, most aren't. Users asking the same questions over and over and not bothering to use the search feature is a common issue that mods from all of these forums face... it is unfortunate, but very true. I have seen this handled in many different ways, some of which worked very well and some that did not. Ultimately, the manner in which this is handled is entirely up to the mods and administrators and the rest of us just have to play by those rules. (Actually, if we all played by those rules, they wouldn't have much to do... but that's a dream world) I believe the mods on this site do an excellent job considering the s*** they have to deal with, and I'm certainly not going to try to tell them how to handle this or any any other thread on this site, but I would like to say a few things to other users:

If you aren't a mod, admin, or Task (this is his thread after all), why are you trying to moderate the thread? Yes, I too get annoyed when reading through this thread when so many of the post are simply repetitive questions, but it seems that for every one stupid question, there are two extremely derogatory and insulting replies. I see the word "trolling" used often in this, and other, forums. In reading through this thread, it almost appears that there are users "trolling" in an attempt to be the first to bash someone that asks a less than appropriate question. I will admit that I often feel the urge to slap my forehead and reply with a WTF were you thinking?, but I fight that urge and I wish that others would as well.

My humble suggestion (and yes, it is simply a suggestion) is that everyone other than those mentioned above simply ignore stupid questions and trolling. For those seeking attention, hopefully they will just stop posting if they do not get it. For those asking questions that have already been answered numerous NUMEROUS times, perhaps they will decide to take the search feature for a test drive if no one responds to them.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cpenticuff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 06:29 AM   |  #2683  
Thanks Meter: 54

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5

Something needs to be done here. These noobs with their constant hounding and not reading the OP or FAQ is beyond ridiculous and its pissing off Task to the point of not doing this anymore. IS THAT WHAT YOU PEOPLE WANT?!? YOU DON'T WANT TASK TO CONTINUE WITH THIS ROM?!?

Either I'm going to just lock this thread and only Task can update the OP or a noob thread for AOKP will be opened up in the General thread much like the CM9 thread.

You people are pissing me off and Task off. This is everyone's last warning. If I see a post where a user has clearly not read the OP or FAQ, its an automatic infraction and your post will be deleted.

Task, I <3 you

Red, while I agree with you 100%, no one's going to see this on page whatever we're on. Put your warning out front, and make it big so people get the idea from the start.

Read the OP!
Read the FAQ!
Don't post a question that is answered in the FAQ.
Violators WILL get an infraction.
This is your only warning.

Pretty sad that it has to come to this.
The Following User Says Thank You to nycmalu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Red5
10th April 2012, 06:34 AM   |  #2684  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmalu

Red, while I agree with you 100%, no one's going to see this on page whatever we're on. Put your warning out front, and make it big so people get the idea from the start.

Read the OP!
Read the FAQ!
Don't post a question that is answered in the FAQ.
Violators WILL get an infraction.
This is your only warning.

Pretty sad that it has to come to this.

My guess is that I'll be warning and deleting so many posts, the thread isn't going to grow much. Its sad really, but why post my warning in the first page? The main problem is people aren't even reading the main post.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 06:35 AM   |  #2685  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,846

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpenticuff

My humble suggestion (and yes, it is simply a suggestion) is that everyone other than those mentioned above simply ignore stupid questions and trolling. For those seeking attention, hopefully they will just stop posting if they do not get it. For those asking questions that have already been answered numerous NUMEROUS times, perhaps they will decide to take the search feature for a test drive if no one responds to them.

this is exactly what i want and have been shooting for. already working on something for the OP.
10th April 2012, 06:36 AM   |  #2686  
Thanks Meter: 54

145 posts
Quote:

My guess is that I'll be warning and deleting so many posts, the thread isn't going to grow much. Its sad really, but why post my warning in the first page? The main problem is people aren't even reading the main post.

Can't get the files without reading your warning if you put it right before the link in bright red letters and make it ginormous.
10th April 2012, 06:37 AM   |  #2687  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 269

1,167 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650

this is exactly what i want and have been shooting for. already working on something for the OP.

How about a warning for ignorance in the title of the thread?
10th April 2012, 06:37 AM   |  #2688  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,846

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

going to try something out. ive looked back at some of my posts in this threaad and i'm actually surprised at some of the ways i reacted to some of the bs posts from other people. if the users from my galaxy tab 10.1 threads saw me over here, they wouldn't believe it was me. they would think that someone hacked my account. lol.
10th April 2012, 06:39 AM   |  #2689  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 55

243 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650

good. what you can do to fix it is go cry.

Isn't there a ban button you can use, Task? Hella troll status!

Sent from a Galaxy(SII) far, far away . . .
Red5
10th April 2012, 06:41 AM   |  #2690  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmalu

Can't get the files without reading your warning if you put it right before the link in bright red letters and make it ginormous.

Guess what, the link to the video of fixing the task manager is right next to the download links, yet how many times has that question been asked?

I'm just going to have to warn/ban people, get them out of our forum and hopefully get this crap outta here.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
and are phone is, aokp, at&t i-777, awesome, curing blindness, illiterate noobs, mr. rogers, open source, random banter, rated pg, read the faq, rom, search or gtfo, task is awesome, taskbros, taskonians, this rom tastes like victory, we're #1!, west coast beauty, you're welcome for the rom
Previous Thread Next Thread