Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,240 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A] [Vagabond ROM] [uclb3]

Tip us?

triq6
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkster View Post
Try the cwm flashable wifi fix script. Look for it in the Dev section. A page or two back. I think it is due to residual from prev ROM. My previous builds had complete wipe. Later build did not but save data.
Sometimes noipe doesn't quite work as intended. A complete wipe and install will solve those issues.
If you only notice wifi issue, try wifi fix. lmk.thnx
It seems to be working again before I flashed anything. I downloaded your wifi fix script via my home network :P. Do you think I should flash it anyway, or should I just leave it on my sdcard until it starts acting up again?

qkster
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4521
Quote:
Originally Posted by triq6 View Post
It seems to be working again before I flashed anything. I downloaded your wifi fix script via my home network :P. Do you think I should flash it anyway, or should I just leave it on my sdcard until it starts acting up again?
if it isn't borked, don't borked it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aeg1s
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Default 4.0 Icons & Default Contact Photos

Hi,

I installed 4.0 but got all the whacky icons (even though I'm seeing mostly ICS icons, some of the whacky ones still show up). I also get the wheel chair handicapped symbol for my friends without photos in my contacts and a crazy penguin when I make calls... Is there anyway to fix these? I kind of wanted the stock look, since that's what vagabond was advertised as. Also, is there any way to get the messages like "Nothing going on homey" and the stuff like Yo, plug me in or whatever it says to go back to default? And finally, the drop down drawer or whatever... does that have to be transparent? Is there a way to make it solid, including the bottom border (this is the thing that shows the lidroid toggles)...

Thanks, and thanks for all the hard work...

aeg1s
The Following User Says Thank You to aeg1s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aeg1s
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Default Gmail

Oh, how do we get the normal Gmail app back? I can't read any of my e-mails with the black background and black and dark blue lettering. I tried to reinstall from Play but it says it is already installed...

By the way, when I installed 4.0 it did not give me the option to NOT do a complete wipe... It just went and did it... The instructions on the dev page indicate that a full system wipe is optional...

Rob
The Following User Says Thank You to aeg1s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 24922
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeg1s View Post
Oh, how do we get the normal Gmail app back? I can't read any of my e-mails with the black background and black and dark blue lettering. I tried to reinstall from Play but it says it is already installed...

By the way, when I installed 4.0 it did not give me the option to NOT do a complete wipe... It just went and did it... The instructions on the dev page indicate that a full system wipe is optional...

Rob

normal gmail...? you have a themed gmail...? uninstall it from app manager or I use titanium backup to uninstall and then redownload from gplay.
Control Operator: Do you require backup? Judge Dredd: No.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aeg1s
Old
(Last edited by aeg1s; 27th June 2012 at 02:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Forgot about the Ti Backup solution to remove apps.... Much appreciated.

qkster,

Is there anyway to get the AOSP icons for the status bar? Actually, I'd like to try all stock icons and ditch lidroid and the transparent drop down menu. (I don't use all the toggles anyway.)

I was thinking of pulling the SystemUI.apk from another ROM and putting it into the MUF .zip files you posted... but I think that will probably mess things up.

Thanks!

qkster
Old
(Last edited by qkster; 27th June 2012 at 03:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4521
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeg1s View Post
Forgot about the Ti Backup solution to remove apps.... Much appreciated.

qkster,

Is there anyway to get the AOSP icons for the status bar? Actually, I'd like to try all stock icons and ditch lidroid and the transparent drop down menu. (I don't use all the toggles anyway.)

I was thinking of pulling the SystemUI.apk from another ROM and putting it into the MUF .zip files you posted... but I think that will probably mess things up.

Thanks!
Hey, aeg1s. I'll see if I can put something together for you in a cwm flashable format for all stock stuff - give me a day or two.

I see that you are getting some of the (ahem) delay surprises.
It is hard for me to tell if anyone is actually using Vagabond these days. I don't get a whole lot of feedback so I can't really tell.
I was flavoring it more to suit my tastes. All the black stuff was design to conserve battery.

This version is also a very good stock representation and bloated removed:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...43&postcount=2

If you also want, Ethereal, Midagu, Pharmnerd, Malvarious, Legend etc also have stockish theme, depending on the build.

Let me know if you still want the revert to all stock and no lidriod.

Part of the reason for the wipe is due to new different frameworks and systemui etc. I don't trust a "no wipe installation" - it has too much potential of creating headaches later. That's why I recommended a full rom back up in case anyone didn't like what they saw.

Was there anything about build 4.0 that was good?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aeg1s
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Hey, aeg1s. I'll see if I can put something together for you in a cwm flashable format for all stock stuff - give me a day or two.

I see that you are getting some of the (ahem) delay surprises.
It is hard for me to tell if anyone is actually using Vagabond these days. I don't get a whole lot of feedback so I can't really tell.
I was flavoring it more to suit my tastes. All the black stuff was design to conserve battery.

This version is also a very good stock representation and bloated removed:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...43&postcount=2

If you also want, Ethereal, Midagu, Pharmnerd, Malvarious, Legend etc also have stockish theme, depending on the build.

Let me know if you still want the revert to all stock and no lidriod.

Part of the reason for the wipe is due to new different frameworks and systemui etc. I don't trust a "no wipe installation" - it has too much potential of creating headaches later. That's why I recommended a full rom back up in case anyone didn't like what they saw.

Was there anything about build 4.0 that was good?
Yes, I really like this build! Sorry if I was seeming negative... I literally just flashed it today. I am getting used to the Holo launcher, which is cool. So right now so much has changed I'm not really sure what is part of the ROM vs the launcher as far as the feel/quickness.

Your stuff is always good and I basically went from Infused to Vagabond and have stuck with it since the beginning.

Also, I may be confusing terms... When I was asking for stock icons, I think I was probably referring to ICS stock icons. But don't go out of your way to build anything specific. I agree with avoiding the whole "no wipe installation", I was just mentioning that the page mentioned a way of not doing it so I thought it might cause someone some confusion.

But seriously, thank you so much for all the work you've done with this ROM and for the Infuse community as a whole. Sorry if I appeared ungrateful.

Multiple "thanks" coming your way...

aeg1s

qkster
Old
(Last edited by qkster; 27th June 2012 at 06:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4521
Ok..here it is.

This is a complete revert to stock and retained root.

It will retain the Google Talk with video.

Stock Email, Gmail, Calendar, Browser, Camera, Contacts, Days, DualClock, buddies now, Facebook, Gallery, Livewallpaper, MMS, Music, MyFiles, Phone, Widget monitor, SystemUI - no lidroid; Calculator, You tube etc.

Original Framework-res also.

Not tested though. Should work in theory.

Boot into CWM and flash. Nothing else needed. Reboot should take 3-4 minutes to generate new dalvik cache.

If it doesn't flash in cwm, please let me know. I have not tested it because I had just got my phone to where i want it.

edit: link down until fix
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aeg1s
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Also, I really like the cornflower blue!

aeg1s

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Ok..here it is.

This is a complete revert to stock and retained root.

It will retain the Google Talk with video.

Stock Email, Gmail, Calendar, Browser, Camera, Contacts, Days, DualClock, buddies now, Facebook, Gallery, Livewallpaper, MMS, Music, MyFiles, Phone, Widget monitor, SystemUI - no lidroid; Calculator, You tube etc.

Original Framework-res also.

Not tested though. Should work in theory.

Boot into CWM and flash. Nothing else needed. Reboot should take 3-4 minutes to generate new dalvik cache.

If it doesn't flash in cwm, please let me know. I have not tested it because I had just got my phone to where i want it.

LINK
Wow... That was super fast... downloading now.

Thanks!!!

aeg1s