[UPDATE][2.1+] Revolutionary task switching app

Search This thread

projeqht

Feb 5, 2012
Thanks again for another quick update on some of our requests :)

Looks like you cleaned up the multiple name scrolling by giving us the new option, but it still scrolls the app name you just opened. IMO it would be nice to have an option to completely disable the name scrolling.

After having the app open for 1 day, my battery use % for this app has gone down to 9%. I noticed your last update had some performance fixes so maybe this has helped it go from ~20% battery use down to 9%. Still, 9% drain is quite a lot for a background task, I'm not sure why it's hogging battery but I think many users will stray away from this app if the battery issue continues.

And still, would be nice to have the "hidden" icons removed.

I appreciate the support you've been giving us, and sorry if this sounds like nagging or anything but I think it's a great App and concept that can be taken quite far with a couple of issues ironed out.

Great work, thank you. And it looks like you probably will be hitting more than 2500+ downloads ;)

*Edit: I also noticed that I think when you get a new notification, the App Name list slides all the apps on the list again?

Last edited:

mattcfk

Dec 19, 2011
thanks for the app. really a great concept. however, when i activate the "dots" function, my notification mess up. i attached the screenshot for reference.

from my attachment, you can see that the app sorting mix up with my system setting. if i hide the dots, the app sorting will remain at the top.:eek:

do fix it, thanks

as you can see, the green color is the text color i choose from your app. i assume they should stick together.

Attachments

• SC20120320-110259.jpg
    SC20120320-110259.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 257

daede86

Oct 16, 2010
Milano
Rally like the app!! Great work!

Just 2 things:

Like someone said, it drains too much battery..

And second, I can't understand why my browser app never compare on the running app list.. it's really strange! Any idea how I can solve it?

Thanks!!

Ah I'm using a defy+ with miui!

kbzium

Mar 14, 2012
Just to let you know: there's an update available that:
1. removes that dots (make them optional)
2. removes battery drain issue (or rather makes it like any other app)
3. other stuff

Thank you for downloading! It is real pleasure to see my work is needed somehow :)

CATA-

Jan 30, 2012
Qué te Importa
I like the idea of the notification task switcher, but I propose a simpler layout.

A single row in the notification tray that just shows the icons, and you can scroll/swipe left or right through the apps. Maybe have some kind of dot in the corner of the icon to indicate that the app is still running.

Please forgive my crude drawing, but this should illustrate what I'm talking about.
Thus is the best layout. Any chance to aplly?

From Argentina to XDA
Sorry my bad english

garfnodie

Apr 2, 2008
Columbia, TN, USA
As far as i know Android OS up to version 3.0 does not let you to have clickable buttons in notifications so there is only one click per notification... BUT i'm thinking about a trick and I will try it shortly.

Please standby :)

What about ICS? I'm running CM9 right now and would be willing to test an ICS version if it'll allow multiple clickable button in a single bar.

Nylo

Aug 18, 2008
As i said, it is not a task killer :). Those are extremely stupid IMHO since they spoil what Android was intented to be - it can handle it's applications and their lifetime on its own.

The only thing that I can understand is that killing an app can make you battery live a couple of minutes longer. But: if an application is written good, you won't notice any difference :)

Thanks for reply!

OK, I give up. What was Android intended to be?

kbzium

Mar 14, 2012
What about ICS? I'm running CM9 right now and would be willing to test an ICS version if it'll allow multiple clickable button in a single bar.

Yep ICS do support it. But all prev versions don't... It isn't such trivial unfortunately.

@Nylo
Have a look at Android Activity lifecycle :) Isn't that good enough to leave it alone? Please note that there is no built in, good method to simply KILL an application. Framework engineers didn't think that some people still need to have "control" of what's going on despite its absolutely UNnecessary :)

Android was made to be easy both in use and development. Intelligent so to say.

Reactions: zezal

zezal

Apr 6, 2012
It should be noted that this app is absolutely ads-free and free... quite unique nowadays...

kbzium

Mar 14, 2012
Oh and if anyone knew what's a workaround of the problem of non-clickable buttons in notification area please let me know! If there is...

kbzium

Mar 14, 2012
If someone's interested in another version of this application in which icons are stored in ONE NOTIFICATION HORIZONTALLY please check this thread up!

Reactions: CATA-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

i've written an application that displayes recent tasks directly on the taskbar, so they can be switched very easily. I know there is a hardware button, but you have to press it for approx 2 sec (and tear it to), you have no option to determine which applications you'd like to have displayed.

This application allows you to do so and other things. Try! I think that it will be a must for some of you (of course not everybody, i know that).

I cannot post a direct link to the market as it is my first post here, so please search for:

"Taskbar switcher"
    W6mtM8VOWVtPOuTmbBY1jOymQa1wOQVb2TACwYhbaMQqffEOba6A_qJs_PQLv0it-kg=w705

on the android market.

I'd appreciate any comments, complains or suggestions.

heres the market link https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wxLDEsImNvbS5nZHJvaWQudGFza2JhcnN3aXRjaGVyIl0.
    Added the link into the OP for you ;)

Nice work by the way.

Sent From My Fingers To Your Face.....
    Would it be possible to implement the ICS swipe to remove function and an option to change the background colour of the notification?
    Nice app and very useful but do we really need the blue dots and the app names scrolling? It takes up to much space. Wouldn't it be nicer to just have the apps listed when you pull down?
    The app would succeed more the less we see it.

--------------
    Sent from HTC Rezound with Tapatalk
    Thus is the best layout. Any chance to aplly?

As far as i know Android OS up to version 3.0 does not let you to have clickable buttons in notifications so there is only one click per notification... BUT i'm thinking about a trick and I will try it shortly.

Please standby :)