Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't get past htc screen once flashed shooter beats on GSM evo 3d

Tip us?

johnydixon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down [Q] Can't get past htc screen once flashed shooter beats on GSM evo 3d

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and fairly new to rooting also.
I recently rooted my gsm HTC evo 3d using the htc unlock method
I have S-OFF and HBOOT-1.49.1107 (was 1.49.0018 I think)
and have revolutionary 4.0.1.4 installed.

The first thing I tried to flash was beats from this site:
androidadvicesDOTcom/install-beats-audio-package-android-device/
after rebooting, it turns out the only thing this did was remove sound from my device (music, in-call, everything) and no sign of beats.
Afterwards I tried to flash shooter beats 2.3, first using cmd with the flashboot command. It just got stuck endlessly rebooting itself on the green htc logo screen.
So I tried putting the shooter beats zip on my sd card, then going into revolutionary and flashing that way, once rebooted I am still stuck with the same problem.

If I were to do a factory reset on my phone, would it boot up with the stock rom and would I still have root? Or is there an easier option?

Thanks

Astrikz
Old
Thanks Meter 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydixon View Post
Hi,

after rebooting, it turns out the only thing this did was remove sound from my device (music, in-call, everything) and no sign of beats.
Afterwards I tried to flash shooter beats 2.3, first using cmd with the flashboot command. It just got stuck endlessly rebooting itself on the green htc logo screen.
So I tried putting the shooter beats zip on my sd card, then going into revolutionary and flashing that way, once rebooted I am still stuck with the same problem.

If I were to do a factory reset on my phone, would it boot up with the stock rom and would I still have root? Or is there an easier option?

Thanks
One thing you should know.
Always do a nadroid before flashing anything. You will now have to look for a stock ROM do a full wipe and flash it

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

johnydixon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, thanks, but not really what I was looking for.

The problem is that it wouldn't reboot after flashing roms (I tried several), so trying to install a stock rom would just do the same.

I didn't back-up as I didn't see any point to back-up when there's nothing on the device, and as you pointed out, there are stock roms available.

I reinstalled a newer version of CWM, wiped all date/caches/etc, before flashing a new rom and voila. So I guess the problem was in my install or version of cwm.

jslim38
Old
Thanks Meter 118
the first mistake you made was downloading from a site other then xda stick with xda when it come's to flashing that way you know what your getting lets start here the rom that you have flashed i hope you still have the zip file because you will need to wipe everything and use a super wipe tool and then reflash your rom that will get you going again
Sent from xda hd
Samsung Galaxy s4 M919
Previous Device's HTC Sensation 4g S OFF
HTC Evo 3D S OFF HTC One x

johnydixon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I got everything except the beats from xda, so I don't think that's an issue. Anyway, as I said, works.

rvrosa
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydixon View Post
Hi,

Thanks
How did you get S-OFF?
I have also an EVO 3D with HBOOT 1.49.0018 and i can't get S-OFF because Revolutionary only have 1.49.0008.....