This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Focus i917 part(s):
- Samsung Focus i917 AMOLED (LCD) & Touch Screen Glass Digitizer Replacement
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer (optional)
Samsung Focus i917 apart guide:[LIST]
- First remove the back cover and the battery from the phone. Next remove the six small phillips screws. Once the screws are removed, use a safe pry tool to release the clips along the sides of the casing. Once the clips have been release you can remove the back housing from the rest of the phone.
- Next ease the motherboard up slightly to allow access to the ribbon cable underneath the motherboard. Release this ribbon connector using a safe pry tool or screwdriver. With the ribbon released, you can now open the phone. Careful as the motherboard is still connected.
- Using a safe pry tool release the ribbon clip, put the mother board on the side but be careful as it is still connected. Next, ease out the volume button. You will now be able to fully remove the motherboard from the rest of the phone.
- You can now release the jaw connector on the back of the screen releasing the flex cable. Do this using a safe open pry tool to release the small flap on the back side of the connector.
- Next using a hot hair dryer or heat gun, warm the front of the screen along the sides on the top to the bottom to warm the adhesive which is holding the screen to the frame of the phone. Use a safe pry tool to pry the glass away from the frame of the phone.
- Ease the ribbon cables through the hole so that we can remove the screen, once the screen removed you can now replace it.
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.