Ask a question

No registration required

[THEME][5/7] Transparent Google Play Shop-3.5.16

OP pendo

9th April 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #251  
Thanks Meter: 22

228 posts
More
pendo, wonderful market again. thank you very much! one little bug: in menu "my apps - installed" i don't have a transparent background. it's black. all other sites are with transparent background.
9th April 2012, 05:27 PM   |  #252  
OP Recognized Themer / Contributor
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 762

1,970 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotesMeerJogger

pendo, wonderful market again. thank you very much! one little bug: in menu "my apps - installed" i don't have a transparent background. it's black. all other sites are with transparent background.

Ok, thanks...I'll take a look. Even though the apk itself didn't change that much, I put a lot of work into this one. I'm probably rusty, lol, but I spent most of the day yesterday fiddling with it. I ended up changing A LOT to get it all working on ics as well as keeping everything intact for 2.3 (or so I thought, lol). Lots of little name changes and since I don't know my way around api-11 and up a lot of time was just spent cross referencing the parent attributes of the styles for api-11 and api-14.

I never was able to get the settings menu transparent on ics. Also, in ics there are no icons for the settings menu...just text. Not sure if I can change that (well, easily anyway...it's certainly possible to do in ics).
The Following User Says Thank You to pendo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2012, 06:46 PM   |  #253  
Thanks Meter: 22

228 posts
More
thanks for your work and time pendo! your market is the best. if it is not possible to change black background on "installed" site it's not really a big problem.

one question. i have seen that PaulDiddy have disabled autoupdate on his blue-market app. can you do this also on your transparent market? i don't need always newest market but i need your wonderful market
10th April 2012, 04:29 AM   |  #254  
Thanks Meter: 40

219 posts
Hey Pendo, thank you for the market. For some reason I can't install ur market on my Toshiba Thrive tablet. Do you know why?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
10th April 2012, 09:14 AM   |  #255  
Flag Tulsa, OK

1,970 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotesMeerJogger

thanks for your work and time pendo! your market is the best. if it is not possible to change black background on "installed" site it's not really a big problem.

one question. i have seen that PaulDiddy have disabled autoupdate on his blue-market app. can you do this also on your transparent market? i don't need always newest market but i need your wonderful market

I've made a few updates to the file linked in the op....please let me know if the my apps page is transparent.

Good 'ol PaulDiddy...he's really stepped up his efforts lately. I used to help him a little bit when he first started. I used to do this, but then they changed the way they update and it broke my edit. I'll try to take a look at his method sometime....no promises to integrate tho for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeauto3

Hey Pendo, thank you for the market. For some reason I can't install ur market on my Toshiba Thrive tablet. Do you know why?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

There are 2 possible reasons....one is that your market is named something different so flashing mine is simply adding an additional apk. Packages.xml would still be listing the other apk as the source file. Or another reason might be that my updater script doesn't actually work on your device and therefore nothing's getting flashed.

If it's the latter, then simply extract Vending.apk from my zip and copy in place with a root explorer (set perms to 644 or rw,r,r). If it's the former, then all you need to do is find the name of the apk and where it's stored. An easy way to do that is with an app called DevTools by PandaDev. There's a feature called Package Browser....that will tell you where the source file is stored at. Look for the package com.android.vending
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pendo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 01:28 PM   |  #256  
Flag Waco
Thanks Meter: 354

626 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo

I've made a few updates to the file linked in the op....please let me know if the my apps page is transparent.

Good 'ol PaulDiddy...he's really stepped up his efforts lately. I used to help him a little bit when he first started. I used to do this, but then they changed the way they update and it broke my edit. I'll try to take a look at his method sometime....no promises to integrate tho for now.

There are 2 possible reasons....one is that your market is named something different so flashing mine is simply adding an additional apk. Packages.xml would still be listing the other apk as the source file. Or another reason might be that my updater script doesn't actually work on your device and therefore nothing's getting flashed.

If it's the latter, then simply extract Vending.apk from my zip and copy in place with a root explorer (set perms to 644 or rw,r,r). If it's the former, then all you need to do is find the name of the apk and where it's stored. An easy way to do that is with an app called DevTools by PandaDev. There's a feature called Package Browser....that will tell you where the source file is stored at. Look for the package com.android.vending

The market on the EVO 3D is named Phonesky.apk now, instead of vending...

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
Last edited by GadgetFreak; 10th April 2012 at 02:30 PM.
10th April 2012, 02:53 PM   |  #257  
Thanks Meter: 40

219 posts
Thanks for the quick reply, my problem is that ur file doesn't want to install. In recovery, it's giving me an error. I know is not the recovery because, I installed a theme with no problems.

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium
10th April 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #258  
Flag Tulsa, OK

1,970 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeauto3

Thanks for the quick reply, my problem is that ur file doesn't want to install. In recovery, it's giving me an error. I know is not the recovery because, I installed a theme with no problems.

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium

Oops! Sorry about that...I had an extra updater script in there that was/is being experimented with. It's fixed now.
10th April 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #259  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,534

7,172 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak

The market on the EVO 3D is named Phonesky.apk now, instead of vending...

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

so rename it to Vending.apk
10th April 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #260  
Thanks Meter: 244

1,475 posts
How can i stop the market from updating after installing? I froze maket updater with titanium but it still uodated

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread