Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 41,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Jun-13 MeanROM v4.5 | 2.17 | OC/UV | Beats | 50+ hr standby | 4000+ Quadrant

Tip us?

sthansen
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73 View Post
What's the radio firmware version on your phone? You can find it under About Phone/Software Information/More/Baseband version in settings. It should be 1.06.00.1216 if you are trying to run a 2.17.651.5 based ROM (such as the current MeanROM releases).

If you updated from a 2.08.x.y version to a current ROM without flashing the firmware updates it could cause problems with wifi.

ramjet73
My radio and build version were all up to date. I flashed the stock kernel and that solved the problem.

Thanks for checking!

Spind426
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I would like to go back to cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter that is in the rootevo3dnew folder.. But i've always wondered. Why can't we use the 5.0.2.0 version of CWM to fastboot?

Goonzy
Old
(Last edited by Goonzy; 10th April 2012 at 12:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgrimm2 View Post
Last time I ran chad's rls04 kernel on mr 2.9 and oc'd it, I found that the "Awake Max freq" set to "max" caused reboots for me and I had to set the Awake Max manually to 1.728Ghz (1728000). I don't know if the "interactive"govenor takes it the max or not in "auto" setting. I believe "auto" limits it to 1.5Ghz per Mikey's post here.

Extra Question: What are the available governors for the post_boot.sh file?
I think I've seen/heard of:
- ondemand
- conservative
- interactive
- intellianthrax ?

Not sure if these are correct, if I'm missing any, or the differences.
Yeah I manually change it every flash too.. I believe there's a conflict in the #set CPU settings in init. that's why alot of people have random reboots. I haven't had a reboot since I've been doing it myself , If your on Chads latest which is built-in 37 MR then your options are =

ondemand interactive smartassV2 powersaver conservative IntelliAnthraX userspace

My screen on settings are 540000 (540mhz) Min & 1404000 (1.4ghz) Max and its even smoother !! My reason to moving the min up is that 384 stock voltage and 540 undervolted to minimum is pulling out about the same amount of juice..
IF I HELPED U IN ANYWAY,BUY ME SOME HOT POCKETS....THANKS!!!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

phantommadman
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Finally got the download using 4G connection.

Sent from my 3VO
Motorola Droid Razr CDMA xt912
ROM: DiaBiTis.SE.JB.ROM.v2.0.0-R3Ds
Recovery: Safestrape V3.11

Verizon HomeFusion at home

FrickenFracken
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks. The first time i installed recovery it did not ask if I was S-ON, installed 1.0.0.5 RC1 test and it did.

I may wipe and reflash this morning just to see it work.

BTW, What does everyone use to quickly restore all their apps and settings with all this wiping/flashing? Play Market no longer auto installs all my apps for me after adding my gmail account. I use 2 factor on my gmail, so I have to be in front of a pc to grab my application specific password.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimebagdan65 View Post
Make sure you're running the 1.0.0.5 RC1 test version (That's the one I helped test hehe ^_^), then once you have it set up from the app (Should ask whether you're S-On or not), the recovery takes care of the rest. I've flashed roms with kernels and just kernels from the app and from within recovery itself, friggin flawless! Don't freak out though, you SHOULD see the white HTC splash screen and feel the haptic vibration twice, this is just the SmartFlash doing its work. In layman's terms, it basically creates a backup of your boot.img before the first HTC splash, after which it flashes the modifications you made to the boot.img then reboots immediately again (Hence the double splash and buzz lol). Hope you guys enjoy cause I had a blast testing this, was literally jumping and shouting for joy lol[COLOR="Silver"]

wjason
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrickenFracken View Post
BTW, What does everyone use to quickly restore all their apps and settings with all this wiping/flashing? Play Market no longer auto installs all my apps for me after adding my gmail account. I use 2 factor on my gmail, so I have to be in front of a pc to grab my application specific password.
Titanium Backup FTW!!!
Galaxy S3 (Ting) - Wicked Sensations

Spind426
Old
(Last edited by Spind426; 10th April 2012 at 02:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
I don't care what anyone says but 4EXT (1.0.0.5 RC1) recovery is not a stable recovery. I have been using meanrom since 1.8 and every single anthrax kernel since the 2.17release and i have not had 1 reboot or application force close. Throughout all of this time I have been playing Order and Chaos which is extremely CPU dependent. Since meanrom 1.8 (maybe even earlier) I have played order and chaos for hours (some nights i wouldnt sleep and play six hours straight lol) and i NEVER had one force close. I would even use the device heavily and recklessly, still not one boot or FC.

The moment i flashed 4EXT (1.0.0.5 RC1) Everything installed fine used superwipe, (and also an experimental install without superwipe only factory reset) 4EXT even asked me if i was S-ON i answered YES. So I installed everthing correctly. Within 20 minutes of powering up my phone and using it for the first time my phone rebooted.. I was semi-mad cause it was my first reboot ever. So i (painfully) ignored it and continued to use it. But i really got mad when 20 minutes into playing order and chaos the game just closed to homescreen without even a forceclose error (this app has stopped responding) and this happened TWO times.

So i then re-flashed cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img, installed MR3.7 and i have been using it for hours not one error.

The only thing i have been thinking might be the problem was the fact that using 4EXT was the first time i have installed a rom/kernal WITHOUT using the USB to PC fastboot method. Could that be the problem? Where do i get the image file to fastboot 4EXT? I think there is some bugs considering its the newest... "installing a rom as it it were S-OFF" version

mikeyxda
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 13,157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
Thanks Mike, this is informative. Aren't you the least bit curious why it wasn't that way by design though? There must be a reason it charges slower on USB. Changing it would make me a little nervous.
No, not curious but only because it was explained to me by another dev. The way it was explained to me is that the USB spec specifies that a USB host must be able to supply a minimum of 500mA. So HTC set the charge limit to 500mA because they knew that all USB (2.0 I believe) cards, if built to spec, must be able to supply at least 500mA. So it's all about the limitation of what you are connected to, NOT the phone! Now with fast charge, it is my understanding that the device negotiates with the USB controller to find out how much current it can draw. If the controller replies that it is capable of more than 500mA, you get fast charge. Given this, I believe it is also possible to plug the phone in and NOT get fast charge even if it's enabled: say if you plug it into a really old USB 1.0 card/device that can't deliver the current needed.

So that's my understanding. Keep in mind though that some of this stuff is so new that I wouldn't be surprised if there are caveats or misunderstandings as to exactly how it works, but I think I'm pretty close.

Mike
Some of my other creations (mostly digital photography software):
http://www.ddisoftware.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikeyxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikeyxda
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 13,157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyinoc View Post
I agree. I've only had random reboots with 3.0-3.6. 2.9 was solid as a rock.
I love it when people say 2.9 was the "sweet spot" or one person a while back said they are sticking with 1.8. PLEASE READ THE OP! The sweetest is always the latest. Things get refined, apps get updated, you get features like HTML mail. Every version of the ROM is solid as diamonds because it is from stock broth, but the kernel is a different story. Read the OP: the non-stock kernel that gives us features like full beats, fast charge, and incredible speed will always be "experimental". If you have trouble with the kernel, flash the "best battery" installation so that you flash with the stock kernel. Then you'll be as solid as 2.9, 1.8, or whatever flavor you choose, but you'll have all the latest features too.

Mike
Some of my other creations (mostly digital photography software):
http://www.ddisoftware.com
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikeyxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paallday
Old
Thanks Meter 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin3600 View Post
Well, it's hard to categorize everyone as "we" when a ton of users on here have various goals. A good majority of us want the same thing, yes, but not always the case. Especially now-a-days certain users seem to demand perfection. Some scream when things go wrong and cry when features cease to operate properly.

On another side to that, I see many people afraid to try newer things (4ext recovery) for the fear of "breaking" their phone, etc. (1.4 downgrade method was a blast). How many people avoided doing that due to difficulty? lol? That's cool for them, but not for me.

So forgive me.. but not everyone is here doing the same thing. Thanks.
Point taken...... I dunno I dont think u cant brick 1 of these phones.... I root em 4 other ppl (I no dumb but hey they beg) n teach em enough 2 get in trouble.... Then when they break their phone they come running 4 me.2 fix it.....
But anyway ext 4 paid is the only recovery I ever used that I can say is BOTH fully functional AND easier 2 use than RA.... If u don't s off honestly I just think ur silly.... Learn adb..... Everybody should no it anyway...... I pulled contacts.apk off my buddy's unhacked phone when he cracked the screen.... He jumped 4 joy cause he thought they were gone......

zr3d team 420 ftw!

Hip-hop boom-bap-BANG