Post Reply

discussion of s-off

10th April 2012, 02:04 AM   |  #421  
LakerStar25's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 88
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

You are about to start the process of unlocking your device. Unlocking your device allows you to install custom Operating Systems (OS) onto your device. Custom OSs are not tested as thoroughly as your original OS, and unlocking your device may void all or parts of your warranty. HTC disclaims any and all liability for proper functioning of your device after the bootloader has been unlocked and for data lost in the unlocking process. To prevent unauthorized access to your data, unlocking the bootloader will delete all personal data from your device including applications, text messages and personalized settings.

Do you still wish to continue?

Yes No



and then:

Legal Terms

In order to continue, please read and accept the following legal terms:

_I acknowledge that use of the unlock bootloader may void all or parts of my warranty device and my device may not function as intended by HTC.

_I acknowledge that, if my device requires repairs, HTC may charge for additional costs due to the unlocked bootloader.


clicking yes to continue,then checking both the boxes gets you to the unlock instructions.

i have done this a bunch of times with various devices... i hope its not keeping a tally

This to me says your agreeing to void your warranty if you actually unlock your bootloader. Doesn't say anything about voiding warranty for receiving the unlock code. So if you can get back to stock there really doesn't seem a way to prove you actually used the code.

Sent from my ICS Rezound
10th April 2012, 02:08 AM   |  #422  
nosympathy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,132
 
2,381 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

because you may hve been lucky,you have no way of knowing.

how bout this for an anology: i passed several different citys police enforcement for several months with no front plate. your situation is like me saying "they dont really care if you have a front plate or not. i havent had one for several months now." but then BAM! cop in a bad mood for whatever reason pulls me over and gives me a ticket.

i personally dont care,im willing to pay the insurance deductible if i brick my phone. as i said,im just playin devils advocate and throwin ideas around. i personally dont think folks should get too comfortable with their rooted phones- its not htc or vzws fault if someone develops the "theyll warranty it" attitude and starts hapazzardy flashing stuff they shouldnt. or they purposelfully brick it because the screen is scratched up and they want a new one(seen it happen )

but your coments are partially why i brought it up. folks are fixated on making their phone say locked. if vzw/htc want to be dicks it may not matter.

just my 2 cents

well the only issue with you analogy is, the cops cannot pull you over for not having a front plate alone. At least in my state they cannot. Just like in my state I can not wear a seatbelt all I want, they cannot ticket me unless they get me for say speeding. Doesn't mean they won't pay more attention too you though and try and find some reason to pull you over.

just saying
10th April 2012, 02:22 AM   |  #423  
apophis9283's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag pekin
Thanks Meter: 4,675
 
5,858 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Thats why its called an analogy, its not supposed to represent actual fact as you have put it. What he meant flew right over your head....

Sent from my INCREDIBLE, faster than a THUNDERBOLT, REZOUND!
10th April 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #424  
Land Master's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Highlands Ranch, CO.
Thanks Meter: 170
 
512 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
LMFAO .. slow night in here..

She did, she didn't, it's mine, no it's not.

Not gonna worry bout' it til' I hafta.

Grab a beer boys!!
10th April 2012, 05:48 AM   |  #425  
nosympathy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,132
 
2,381 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apophis9283

Thats why its called an analogy, its not supposed to represent actual fact as you have put it. What he meant flew right over your head....

Sent from my INCREDIBLE, faster than a THUNDERBOLT, REZOUND!

So...lets throw logic out the window. Knowing what someone means and them representing it correctly are two different things. You use an analogy to help someone understand through different circumstances they might understand. If you misrepresent those other circumstances then your point is lost.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to nosympathy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 06:14 AM   |  #426  
apophis9283's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag pekin
Thanks Meter: 4,675
 
5,858 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
I meant no disrespect. When he made that analogy it got twisted by changing the similar circumstance. By saying in this state is this way it messes up the analogy. It shouldnt matter which state have which laws, the important thing was to get the point across. Which had nothing to do with laws from different states

Sent from my INCREDIBLE, faster than a THUNDERBOLT, REZOUND!
10th April 2012, 06:15 AM   |  #427  
apophis9283's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag pekin
Thanks Meter: 4,675
 
5,858 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
I didnt mean to stir the pot, im just waiting patiently like everyone else for the s-off tool. At the end of the day we all love android phones

Sent from my INCREDIBLE, faster than a THUNDERBOLT, REZOUND!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apophis9283 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 12:26 PM   |  #428  
scotty1223's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,322
 
2,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

So...lets throw logic out the window. Knowing what someone means and them representing it correctly are two different things. You use an analogy to help someone understand through different circumstances they might understand. If you misrepresent those other circumstances then your point is lost.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

actually... i was gonna just let it go,but... you can get pulled over for not having a plate. youre correct about seatbelts,they wont pull you over for just that. but ive been pulled over more than once for no front plate. one time,i was pulled over for no front plate and given a ticket for no seat belt

a good friend actually puts no front plate tickets into his budget. he absolutely refuses to put a plate on the front of his nsx. cant blame him it would look competely retarded on somethin that sexy(not too big a deal on my jeep cherokee or crewcab pickup,so i broke down and put em on)

its also not good enuff to slap it in your front windshield or zip tie it to your passenger side sun visor. its gotta be on your bumper and mounted with bolts(dont ask )

so if you,sir,are driivng here in cincinati,OHIO,better get that front plate on if you dont have one,as im in dayton.

but yall are right... at the end of the day we all love android phones
Last edited by scotty1223; 10th April 2012 at 12:29 PM.
10th April 2012, 01:13 PM   |  #429  
dg4prez's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NH
Thanks Meter: 3,744
 
1,207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
not to change the subject back to the subject, but chatting on the irc channel last night the consensus seemed to be that you don't necessarily need htcdev in order to do this s-off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dg4prez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 02:02 PM   |  #430  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspderek

not to change the subject back to the subject, but chatting on the irc channel last night the consensus seemed to be that you don't necessarily need htcdev in order to do this s-off.


hmmm interesting. I guess Ill wait then.


What is their IRC Channel?
Last edited by loki993; 10th April 2012 at 02:13 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes