This guide will help you to install the following HTC Thunderbolt parts:
- HTC Thunderbolt Touch Screen Glass Digitizer
- HTC Thunderbolt LCD Display Screen
- HTC Thunderbolt Front Housing
- HTC Thunderbolt Volume Button
- HTC Thunderbolt Loud Speaker
- HTC Thunderbolt Ear Speaker
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
HTC Thunderbolt Screen Replacement Repair Guide:[LIST]
- First step will be to remove the back battery cover, battery, sim card, and memory card. Now remove the six small phillips screws from the back housing. Use a safe pry tool to gently lift the small cover from the bottom of the screen, you can now remove the two small phillips screw hidden underneath.
- Unclip the front housing from the rest of the phone using your hands or a safe open pry tool. Remove the two small phillips screws that were hidden from the back housing. You can now real ease the clips on the bottom of the frame and completely remove the back housing.
- Use a safe open pry tool to release the jaw connector from the bottom of the motherboard. Flip the motherboard, being cautious not to damaged the other flex cables. Remove the tape covering the 2 other jaw connectors which can now be released and the motherboard removed.
- Heat the front of the touch screen using a heat gun or hair dryer. Once the adhesive is warm, pry along the bottom edge and flip the touch screen away from the rest of the phone. Careful as it is still held in place by a flex cable. Warm the adhesive holding the LCD screen in place. Pry the LCD screen away from the metal frame and remove the touch screen and LCD screen from the frame.
- Peel the digitizers flex cable away from the LCD screen and you can now replace either screen to repair your phone.
Simply reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.