[Q] Micro Arc Oxidation failure?

10th April 2012, 04:41 PM   |  #81  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ft3r1s

I will buy this phone anyway, because I really like it, but it will be my last HTC if the company doesn't recall the faulty batches.
Btw, with what we 've seen till now, there's no problem with the MAO... There is no MAO on the front casing.

MAO is on the whole aluminum body since it's a unibody typ construction.
10th April 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 4

14 posts
o2 feedback
hi there, i only got the one s today, after 5 minutes in my pocket it got a couple of scratches down the side. i called o2, and surprisingly they said they know about the issue and that it is a bad batch. my replacement come tomorrow i was told.

i hope this helps others
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to masterkui For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #83  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkui

hi there, i only got the one s today, after 5 minutes in my pocket it got a couple of scratches down the side. i called o2, and surprisingly they said they know about the issue and that it is a bad batch. my replacement come tomorrow i was told.

i hope this helps others

Mhhm, I really hope it is just a bad batch. Could you possibly tell us your S/N first four characters?

Were the scratches the same kind of scratches as the one posted here?
10th April 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #84  
Flag Poznan
Thanks Meter: 70

312 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkui

i hope this helps others

I hope they are right and this is just a case of one batch.

My retailer will start selling One S tomorrow, so I assume this will be other batch than devices, which are being sold currently. I think I'll ask them about batch number and see, if it's other than SH23 or HT23.

Still not quite sure if I should risk and buy the beautiful black One S, or just pick the gray one, which is not affected by this issue...
10th April 2012, 04:59 PM   |  #85  
Flag Germany-Lake of Constance
Thanks Meter: 10

106 posts
More
I got my HTC One S today at 9 clock am . I hope that my HTC does not have this issue my SN is HT23.
greets Deluxestar
10th April 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #86  
Thanks Meter: 4

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamyu

Mhhm, I really hope it is just a bad batch. Could you possibly tell us your S/N first four characters?

Were the scratches the same kind of scratches as the one posted here?

my serial starts with HT23, the scratches are down the left side of the phone on the back, part of the unibody frame. there are 3 small scratches in total, honest to God to phone was in my pocket for 5 minutes and the only thing in my pocket was a golden virginia tobacco pouch.

one scratch is a zigzag, one scratch is a line the other is a dot, all close to each other. they are not big or that noticeable but not after 5 minutes in my pocket
10th April 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #87  
Thanks Meter: 5

44 posts
I just plugged in the usb port and there is already alumminium visible at the edges of the port. I think mine is faulty too.
10th April 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #88  
Thanks Meter: 47

277 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxestar

I got my HTC One S today at 9 clock am . I hope that my HTC does not have this issue my SN is HT23.
greets Deluxestar

Sorry to disappoint you :/
Got an HT23 and till now thought, that I must've dropped it somewhere even though I was pretty sure I didn't. This thread kind of calmed me down but on the other hand it is pretty messed up that almost everybody has these scratches.
My phone is in my pocket all the time, put there's nothing in there with it.

That sucks :/
10th April 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #89  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 23

231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piter1225

I hope they are right and this is just a case of one batch.

My retailer will start selling One S tomorrow, so I assume this will be other batch than devices, which are being sold currently. I think I'll ask them about batch number and see, if it's other than SH23 or HT23.

Still not quite sure if I should risk and buy the beautiful black One S, or just pick the gray one, which is not affected by this issue...

Thats bad!! Not even on the top edge. At the end of the day this phone is BRAND NEW and it was sold on being tough. There shouldn't be problems like this from keeping the thing in your pocket. I've been extra cautious to make sure my pocket were always empty and it still happened. Wonder if its a design flaw or a bad batch!? I hope its the latter as loving the phone so far.
10th April 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #90  
Flag Stockholm

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandari

I just plugged in the usb port and there is already alumminium visible at the edges of the port. I think mine is faulty too.

Same for me =/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
one s flaw, one s scratches
Previous Thread Next Thread