[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - VIVOW Milestone 4

Search This thread

Truckin'Ain't4Sissies

Aug 8, 2010
PDX
Just switched over from Aero's CM9 to try out aokp. Overall, aokp seems to be a little less buggy at this point. However, I'm still getting the random reboots that I was getting with CM9. They only seem to happen while in the browser though. Anyone know why this is happening? Also, the browser does seem slower and choppier than the one in CM9. Fixing these issues and the addition of a data toggle would make this rom nearly perfect.

Crank 'er up a little (overclock). I'm thinkin' it's running too many processes at once and (like myself) once overloaded- dueces!

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

woodmaster

Jul 8, 2011
Or dolphin browser…

Every time someone asks this question, a box of kittens die. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the search function, but in terminal type su, then allow SU, then type killall drmserver.

Truckin'Ain't4Sissies

Aug 8, 2010
PDX
Not quite sure if anybody else has mentioned it but: while viewing email- at first glance I can read the message, but if I scroll down it (text) disappears.
Is this just me?

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
That may be the reason. I'm using aero's camera app in that zip. You can just rotate the image in the gallery.

Also lol at the guy who sig'd my rage about the market error.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011
Hello gentlemen is it safe to flash rom then gapps then cam patch all at once or should I boot up before cam patch thank you in advance

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

tattedupboy

Jan 5, 2011
I like this ROM, but there are two issues I'm having that I hope you guys can help me with.

The first is this red rectangle-shaped thing that sometimes appears around the edge of the screen. I don't know what it is and I don't like it. What can I do to make it go away?

Second, I use Go SMS for text messaging and I've noticed that the ringtones I've set for different contacts don't play whenever they text me. I initially had this issue with Aeroevan's CM9, but was able to fix it by copying the ringtones from my SD card into the system ringtone folder. I did it on this ROM too, but I still can't get ringtones for different contacts to play. Any ideas?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE
I like this ROM, but there are two issues I'm having that I hope you guys can help me with.

The first is this red rectangle-shaped thing that sometimes appears around the edge of the screen. I don't know what it is and I don't like it. What can I do to make it go away?

Second, I use Go SMS for text messaging and I've noticed that the ringtones I've set for different contacts don't play whenever they text me. I initially had this issue with Aeroevan's CM9, but was able to fix it by copying the ringtones from my SD card into the system ringtone folder. I did it on this ROM too, but I still can't get ringtones for different contacts to play. Any ideas?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

Its a setting in the dev part if settings. Called strict mode. Idk about ringtones.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Truckin'Ain't4Sissies

Aug 8, 2010
PDX
Check this out
aefddd15-547f-ff10.jpg

aefddd15-54a0-8503.jpg

I found a fix to get SRS working! This makes my day, finally being able to enjoy my music.

Anybody interested?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

Find milestone-4 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Thread Cleaned.

Quit the arguing in this thread guys or i will lock it down permanently next time!
    Idk why, but after the first boot I set it up and everything, and when hit the power button to see the lockscreen, and when the screen turned back on it went into a bootloop??? ALSO, my messaging app crashes after I open it, it won't let me see the lockscreen at all. And I'm still in a bootloop after a battery pull................

this is a prob with your phone, not the ROMs that you keep trying and posting in, I tried helping you, and I've seen you post about this in almost every thread I open.
    which is fine,
    but there is information about new CLNR with the newer software and doing s-off, and just about everyone has the same bootloop problem.
    please, contact Verizon, or work with someone who is also having this issue.
    Lets keep things civil guys.;)

Edit... Reading through all this seems like we need a help/discussion thread in your general forum to re-direct most of these posts to.

Somebody please start a thread and post the link over here.

Read and search and only make constructive posts in the Development forums!