5,598,779 Members 36,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SanDisk Ultra Class 10 SD Cards

Tip us?
glacierguy Old
Thanks Meter
Default SanDisk Ultra Class 10 SD Cards

@HCdroid posted this... Thought I'd share. Much better deal than the 32GB sandisk class 4 I just bought last week... SMH

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24344027

[One-Day Amazon Gold Box Deal] SanDisk Ultra Class 10 SD Cards

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

syrenz
Old
Thanks Meter 57
These are full size cards and will not work with the Amaze I believe (we use micro-sd). Correct me if I`m wrong though.
glacierguy Old
Thanks Meter
Yeah I looked at pic and just saw slot in the bottom so I assumed it was a micro that came with an adapter... I was wrong yet again :banghead:

I'm still gonna get the 64GB to put in my 32GB Toshiba Thrive... ~100GB will be plenty

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

MildewMan
Old
Thanks Meter 70
I saw your post on Android-Dev first. I responded over there with the same thing these guys said. Almost a great find though. I'd love to get a class 10 64 GB micro-SD for $50.
Devices:
32 GB Google Nexus 5 - Stock 4.4.2 - Rooted
16 GB Google Nexus 4 - sold
HTC Ruby (Amaze 4G) - sold
Motorola Xoom (Wifi) - 4.4.2 OmniRom - 32 GB Class 4 SanDisk card
HTC Glacier (MyTouch 4G) - sold
HTC T-Mobile G1 - GinSense v1.0
The Following User Says Thank You to MildewMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

porkchopexpress
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Other than read/write speeds when hooked up to a computer, is there any other benefit to getting a class 10 card? I have a 16GB class 4 card in my phone, and it works fine when it is in the phone, ie: I don't have any sort of lag when playing music stored on the sd card, etc.
glacierguy Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchopexpress View Post
Other than read/write speeds when hooked up to a computer, is there any other benefit to getting a class 10 card? I have a 16GB class 4 card in my phone, and it works fine when it is in the phone, ie: I don't have any sort of lag when playing music stored on the sd card, etc.
Well, you need a class 6 at least for 1080p recording... Class 4 can only do 720p. And do a backup once on your class 4... Then do a backup on a class 10... You would be shocked how slow the class 4 is. Same goes for copying files

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

porkchopexpress
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Well shoot, I didn't know that about the video recording. Looks like I am gonna have to get me a higher class card now to take advantage of the video on this thing!

The Following User Says Thank You to porkchopexpress For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]