Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,755 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

discussion of s-off

Tip us?
 
con247
Old
#431  
con247's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3112
Posts: 3,070
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ann Arbor
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
hmmm interesting. I guess Ill wait then.


What is their IRC Channel?
You will probably need some kind of root exploit though like zergrush which we dont have.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
Current Phone: iPhone 5[s]
Check out my GS3 Splash Screen Changer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to con247 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ericsignals
Old
#432  
ericsignals's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 197
Posts: 626
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo
Will be interesting to see when/if the 2 teams methods get released what the differences are in running the exploit.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
 
dg4prez
Old
#433  
dg4prez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3742
Posts: 1,207
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NH

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsignals View Post
Will be interesting to see when/if the 2 teams methods get released what the differences are in running the exploit.
i would hope that whatever team is second to release keeps it under their hat if it is a different exploit. why give HTC the chance to patch both? better to have a backup waiting, if it exists.
 
ericsignals
Old
#434  
ericsignals's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 197
Posts: 626
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspderek View Post
i would hope that whatever team is second to release keeps it under their hat if it is a different exploit. why give HTC the chance to patch both? better to have a backup waiting, if it exists.
True...I was just thinking if one version was riskier than the other may be.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
 
partizan1981
Old
#435  
Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 70
Join Date: Feb 2012
How's the final product coming along? I'm not above offering a "fiscal incentive" to the devs for an expedited release.
The Following User Says Thank You to partizan1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mighty_markus12
Old
#436  
mighty_markus12's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 761
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by partizan1981 View Post
How's the final product coming along? I'm not above offering a "fiscal incentive" to the devs for an expedited release.
im not sure anyone knows, been pretty quiet lately.
 
ericsignals
Old
#437  
ericsignals's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 197
Posts: 626
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty_markus12 View Post
im not sure anyone knows, been pretty quiet lately.
Quiet on both fronts....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
 
badogg
Old
#438  
badogg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 684
Posts: 1,729
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsignals View Post
Quiet on both fronts....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
Probably intentional. Other than their initial OP in the dev section, they have been quiet. Probably because they need to be and also are working on it.

Also, from what I gather they are working on this to work for several devices so I'm sure they are just doing things in stages getting it ready.

Until I see a post saying that there is a big problem and it isn't possible, I'm going to assume that no news is good news. Even though it is hard to be patient for something like this.
HTC Droid DNA
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16gb Wifi
Google Nexus 7 32gb

Retired Devices:
HTC Rezound
HTC Droid Incredible
 
sabindaman
Old
#439  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 118
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsignals View Post
Quiet on both fronts....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
I have seen mention of 2 teams a few times but don't recall seeing them named explicitly.

Can someone elaborate on the 2 teams and what they are each working on

Who there other than Fuses/Globatron (Juopunutbear)
 
AshtonTS
Old
#440  
AshtonTS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2726
Posts: 5,710
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Woodstock, CT

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabindaman View Post
I have seen mention of 2 teams a few times but don't recall seeing them named explicitly.

Can someone elaborate on the 2 teams and what they are each working on

Who there other than Fuses/Globatron (Juopunutbear)
Synisterwolf is the other guy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes