Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 45,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Media Link HD

Tip us?

jaspabt
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
my understanding was the media link only worked with Sense 4, so not sure its compatible with all devices. It is compatible with all TVs/monitors that have a HDMI port. THe Media Link comes with a built in rechargeable battery which is charged the same way as your phone with a micro usb cable.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaspabt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tsleng
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzaza View Post
How long does the battery last while your watching movie through the Media Link?
Doesn't matter because you can charge it as you watch?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

420kushking
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Does anyone have any news about the availability of this item? I have already had to cancel several orders online, due to online retailers saying they have it in stock. A couple say they have it in stock but when you order, your order goes to backorder... So anyone with information about when its going to be released, or who the first company is to get it... that would be very helpful to me. PS. dont order from mobicity.com.au !

vioalas
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsleng View Post

Not necessarily. It'd be nice to be able to take this to someone's house, connect it to their tv, and stream a movie or something. Sometimes finding an available outlet in those situations is annoying.

So I'm also wondering about battery life..

nickhuk
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzaza View Post
How long does the battery last while your watching movie through the Media Link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsleng View Post

that isn't an answer to the question - some people, eh?

420kushking
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vioalas View Post
Not necessarily. It'd be nice to be able to take this to someone's house, connect it to their tv, and stream a movie or something. Sometimes finding an available outlet in those situations is annoying.
I couldnt agree more. People are reluctant to have you messing with the plugs on their television and peripherals. If you could simply plug into hdmi and watch a movie or two on battery it would be truly portable and much less intrusive if you were to take it to a friends or relatives house.

nickhuk
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420kushking View Post
I couldnt agree more. People are reluctant to have you messing with the plugs on their television and peripherals. If you could simply plug into hdmi and watch a movie or two on battery it would be truly portable and much less intrusive if you were to take it to a friends or relatives house.
Yeah and quite possibly the only things u would require would be the phone and media link - both pocket friendly - well, as long as your mates got a spare hdmi cable

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

knoobie
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Shouldn't the media link comes with a hdmi cable itself?

overground
Old
Moderator & Developer Committee / Recognized Developer - xxxda-developers Founder
Thanks Meter 1168
Location: Oxnard, CA Likes: Los Angeles Lakers Dislikes: Heavy petting zoos
Anyone know the spec difference between the dg h100 and the dg h200?

T-mobile SDA, T-mobile G1 (bronze) Rooted, Nexus One Rooted 4.0.4, T-mobile G2x Rooted, Viewsonic G-tab 10.1", HTC OneX (SOLD), Kindle Fire Rooted, T-mobile SGS3 rooted, Note 10.1 rooted / GDE=360s of fun!! / pinkventure.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumfuq View Post
That is correct. Or you cold use the escape sequence instead of quotes.
Code:
sh /system/sd/bart.sh Double\ post -d -u -m -f -u -q knockeduphooker9.1.1Full10-26-09
Buy me some meds

MarioUK
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhuk View Post
Yeah and quite possibly the only things u would require would be the phone and media link - both pocket friendly - well, as long as your mates got a spare hdmi cable

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
By the looks of it it seems the Media Link HD itself needs plugging into a power supply. All the videos I've seen of it on YouTube in operation show two cables coming out of it (the HDMI cable and presumably the power cable?). Plus when you look on the Mobile Fun site, it shows two ports on it...a HDMI port and a Micro USB port:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/htc-dg-h2...ter-p34391.htm