FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

View Poll Results: Should Next release have soft Key enabled ?

Yes, I want soft key enabled!

19 Vote(s)
20.43%
No, I don't need that!

31 Vote(s)
33.33%
I Don't care as long the new release is stable!

43 Vote(s)
46.24%

DISCONTINUED .: :: Zips Creamed Glacier v4.05 :: :. [DISCONTINUED]

378 posts
Thanks Meter: 803

By zipsnet, Senior Member on 20th March 2012, 03:01 AM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th April 2012, 03:56 PM |#1321  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 7,284

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertscookie

I haven't found a solution for my insane battery drain. Although after wiping caches and flashing the patch it changed the battery as you can see in the screenshot I took. Attachment 994518 (The weird gap is where I was in recovery and flashed the patch) then it boosted my battery up and the battery is lot more stable. IDK if there is a runaway process eating power, or just misreporting battery info, but I'll keep an eye on it.

I was trying all sorts of battery and process monitors I even got my hands on qualcomm's trepn profiler (which completely rules) and nothing seems out of the ordinary or heavy.

=============Edit================

The patch seemed to actually help the battery immensely! So definitely try that dash, make sure you wipe caches first dalvik/cache. <=== *Edit II* I just had another plummet after a reboot wtf...

Also my camera keeps giving me the "..unfortunately stopped..." error. But I fixed it by appending .old to it in the system/app dir and rebooting renaming back and rebooting

Go and check out sckboys thread on battery draining OS its a google apk i beleive it is General

Sent from my M865 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to ...Awesome... For This Useful Post: [ View ]

10th April 2012, 05:45 PM |#1322  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome...

Go and check out sckboys thread on battery draining OS its a google apk i beleive it is General

I did, I'll give that a shot. My Android OS process wasn't that high though so it never struck me as odd. After restarts I notice my battery reporting different values than before. It will go from 9 to 78, or 51 to 14. The battery reporting is off I feel, but I'm not sure... I have done a couple of deep cycles. It could be possible my battery is just dying.
10th April 2012, 05:59 PM |#1323  
Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Links2SD was updated on Apr 9. Might be a good candidate.

Also I've been noticing with the ICS ROMS, I've been having a hard time uninstalling apps. Even apps with small footprints through settings take over 2 mins to uninstall if they uninstall at all. Ever seen this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipsnet

No it does not support that app. but I'll be more than happy to look into it, even tho that app its more than a year old? am I correct ???

Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 04
Date of Release: January 29, 2011

Or there's a new one??

Thanks

-Z

I2IEAILiiTY
10th April 2012, 06:01 PM |#1324  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstreet28

Links2SD was updated on Apr 9. Might be a good candidate.

Also I've been noticing with the ICS ROMS, I've been having a hard time uninstalling apps. Even apps with small footprints through settings take over 2 mins to uninstall if they uninstall at all. Ever seen this issue?

Sometimes, but it's not often. I noticed it takes awhile to load the data about the app though in app info. I don't uninstall apps til it finishes loading the app info, so maybe that's what it is. Idk lol.
10th April 2012, 06:52 PM |#1325  
Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Aaargghhhh!!!! Left over from MIUI, but MiLocker uninstall has been running for over 4 minutes now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I2IEAILiiTY

Sometimes, but it's not often. I noticed it takes awhile to load the data about the app though in app info. I don't uninstall apps til it finishes loading the app info, so maybe that's what it is. Idk lol.

10th April 2012, 06:54 PM |#1326  
Illinois
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome...

What if you're still getting battery drain even after deleting that, wipe cache+dalvik, fix permission. O.o
Because that's where I'm at..
10th April 2012, 07:24 PM |#1327  
Flag Buffalo, NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmobileDash12

What if you're still getting battery drain even after deleting that, wipe cache+dalvik, fix permission. O.o
Because that's where I'm at..

I renamed the googlebackuptransport.apk to googlebackuptransport.apk.old and restarted and actually have fairly stable battery right now. Is this issue after factory reset/wipe cache/wipe dalvik? I would also recommend at least 2 deep battery cycles after installing the ROM.
10th April 2012, 07:35 PM |#1328  
Illinois

More
Quote:

I renamed the googlebackuptransport.apk to googlebackuptransport.apk.old and restarted and actually have fairly stable battery right now. Is this issue after factory reset/wipe cache/wipe dalvik? I would also recommend at least 2 deep battery cycles after installing the ROM.

I just deleted the apk. I did a full wipe on 4-3-12 before flashing 4.01. Not an issue of the apk [does anyone know what it does?], or deep battery cycles. Thanks for your suggestions though
10th April 2012, 07:45 PM |#1329  
Flag Buffalo, NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmobileDash12

I just deleted the apk. I did a full wipe on 4-3-12 before flashing 4.01. Not an issue of the apk [does anyone know what it does?], or deep battery cycles. Thanks for your suggestions though

You flashed the patch also? I just rename in case I want to go back. That's just my preference though either is good.

No one has had a definite answer but from what I can figure out it's to do with when you backup your phone settings to google. I think it just kind of runs and never let's go so it eats power.

Make sure your apps aren't running in the backup turn off all radios (gps/bluetooth/wifi) turn screen brightness down. If you happened to have installed a questionable app/or downloaded not quite legally. Stop or remove the app to test. Hope something there might help.

Edited to be more readable
10th April 2012, 09:55 PM |#1330  
Illinois

More
Quote:

You flashed the patch also? I just rename in case I want to go back. That's just my preference though either is good.

No one has had a definite answer but from what I can figure out it's to do with when you backup your phone settings to google. I think it just kind of runs and never let's go so it eats power.

Make sure your apps aren't running in the backup turn off all radios (gps/bluetooth/wifi) turn screen brightness down. If you happened to have installed a questionable app/or downloaded not quite legally. Stop or remove the app to test. Hope something there might help.

Edited to be more readable

Yes I also flashed the patch.

I don't really use wifi since my mobile data speeds are faster than my home [embarrassing]. I didn't use GPS/bluetooth either. I even checked in settings to make sure nothing was turned on accidentally. My screen brightness is on auto, but the drain happened when I was sleeping. And no illegal apps, plus I've been running this ROM since 4-3-12, and this happened recently.
11th April 2012, 12:12 AM |#1331  
Flag wilmington
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCD90

Well I must say I am super impressed with shot of awesomness. I have not had battery like this since royal ginger. My phone has been running smooth as ever no reboots freezes or anything. Thank you so much zips and awesome for all your guys hard work. So excited to see what's in store for future.

Tried uploading a pic but would not let me so I will just tell you. 20+ hours with 55% battery left. almost 2 hours of on screen time. Amazing... Or should I say awesome. Thanks again guys.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA

Loving this rom so far, couple questions or more.

1. I know I read it somewhere in this thread can't seem to find what kernel comes with v4.01.

2. Where can I find the shot of awesomness kernel and is it a better kernel for this rom or are there others.

3. If I do get a kernel is it just a simple clear cache n dalvik and flash or is there more and does it need to be renamed after download.

4. Looking at my signature is my CWM and Radio OK or should I update any of it.

5. Throw this out there to, but is the multi point issues some have related to a kernel issue or rom asking because of some other stuff I'm working on.

Again thanks ahead if these can be answered really I'm trying to catch up on all the reading got into this rom late got to far into icecoldinsomnia then bailed but have been using as my DD for about 5 days now and all is workable that I need for basic cooperation.

Again thanks

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread