Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Should Next release have soft Key enabled ?
Yes, I want soft key enabled! 19 20.43%
No, I don't need that! 31 33.33%
I Don't care as long the new release is stable! 43 46.24%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

DISCONTINUED .: :: Zips Creamed Glacier v4.05 :: :. [DISCONTINUED]

Tip us?

...Awesome...
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7255

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertscookie View Post
I haven't found a solution for my insane battery drain. Although after wiping caches and flashing the patch it changed the battery as you can see in the screenshot I took. Attachment 994518 (The weird gap is where I was in recovery and flashed the patch) then it boosted my battery up and the battery is lot more stable. IDK if there is a runaway process eating power, or just misreporting battery info, but I'll keep an eye on it.

I was trying all sorts of battery and process monitors I even got my hands on qualcomm's trepn profiler (which completely rules) and nothing seems out of the ordinary or heavy.

=============Edit================

The patch seemed to actually help the battery immensely! So definitely try that dash, make sure you wipe caches first dalvik/cache. <=== *Edit II* I just had another plummet after a reboot wtf...

Also my camera keeps giving me the "..unfortunately stopped..." error. But I fixed it by appending .old to it in the system/app dir and rebooting renaming back and rebooting
Go and check out sckboys thread on battery draining OS its a google apk i beleive it is General

Sent from my M865 using XDA

The Following User Says Thank You to ...Awesome... For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bertscookie
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome... View Post
Go and check out sckboys thread on battery draining OS its a google apk i beleive it is General

I did, I'll give that a shot. My Android OS process wasn't that high though so it never struck me as odd. After restarts I notice my battery reporting different values than before. It will go from 9 to 78, or 51 to 14. The battery reporting is off I feel, but I'm not sure... I have done a couple of deep cycles. It could be possible my battery is just dying.
MT4G/Glacier
S=OFF
Android 4.x.x
ROM --> Stopped filling this in. Changes too often
Kernel 3.x.xx(more than likely)
Radio v. 26.13.04.19_M
4ext Touch recovery

Being a flash addict does hurt people..... usually yourself.

..yes that is BackTrack linux 5 Kali Linux running on my phone and yes I did restart your computer from it. .

mstreet28
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Links2SD was updated on Apr 9. Might be a good candidate.

Also I've been noticing with the ICS ROMS, I've been having a hard time uninstalling apps. Even apps with small footprints through settings take over 2 mins to uninstall if they uninstall at all. Ever seen this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipsnet View Post
No it does not support that app. but I'll be more than happy to look into it, even tho that app its more than a year old? am I correct ???

Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 04
Date of Release: January 29, 2011

Or there's a new one??

Thanks

-Z

Device: Motorola Wingray (Xoom) - Fully Rooted
ROM: Team EOS
I2IEAILiiTY Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstreet28 View Post
Links2SD was updated on Apr 9. Might be a good candidate.

Also I've been noticing with the ICS ROMS, I've been having a hard time uninstalling apps. Even apps with small footprints through settings take over 2 mins to uninstall if they uninstall at all. Ever seen this issue?
Sometimes, but it's not often. I noticed it takes awhile to load the data about the app though in app info. I don't uninstall apps til it finishes loading the app info, so maybe that's what it is. Idk lol.

mstreet28
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Aaargghhhh!!!! Left over from MIUI, but MiLocker uninstall has been running for over 4 minutes now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I2IEAILiiTY View Post
Sometimes, but it's not often. I noticed it takes awhile to load the data about the app though in app info. I don't uninstall apps til it finishes loading the app info, so maybe that's what it is. Idk lol.

Device: Motorola Wingray (Xoom) - Fully Rooted
ROM: Team EOS

TmobileDash12
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome... View Post

What if you're still getting battery drain even after deleting that, wipe cache+dalvik, fix permission. O.o
Because that's where I'm at..

bertscookie
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmobileDash12 View Post
What if you're still getting battery drain even after deleting that, wipe cache+dalvik, fix permission. O.o
Because that's where I'm at..
I renamed the googlebackuptransport.apk to googlebackuptransport.apk.old and restarted and actually have fairly stable battery right now. Is this issue after factory reset/wipe cache/wipe dalvik? I would also recommend at least 2 deep battery cycles after installing the ROM.
MT4G/Glacier
S=OFF
Android 4.x.x
Radio v. 26.13.04.19_M
4ext Touch recovery

..yes that is BackTrack linux 5 Kali Linux running on my phone and yes I did restart your computer from it. .

TmobileDash12
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
I renamed the googlebackuptransport.apk to googlebackuptransport.apk.old and restarted and actually have fairly stable battery right now. Is this issue after factory reset/wipe cache/wipe dalvik? I would also recommend at least 2 deep battery cycles after installing the ROM.
I just deleted the apk. I did a full wipe on 4-3-12 before flashing 4.01. Not an issue of the apk [does anyone know what it does?], or deep battery cycles. Thanks for your suggestions though

bertscookie
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmobileDash12 View Post
I just deleted the apk. I did a full wipe on 4-3-12 before flashing 4.01. Not an issue of the apk [does anyone know what it does?], or deep battery cycles. Thanks for your suggestions though
You flashed the patch also? I just rename in case I want to go back. That's just my preference though either is good.

No one has had a definite answer but from what I can figure out it's to do with when you backup your phone settings to google. I think it just kind of runs and never let's go so it eats power.

Make sure your apps aren't running in the backup turn off all radios (gps/bluetooth/wifi) turn screen brightness down. If you happened to have installed a questionable app/or downloaded not quite legally. Stop or remove the app to test. Hope something there might help.

Edited to be more readable
MT4G/Glacier
S=OFF
Android 4.x.x
Radio v. 26.13.04.19_M
4ext Touch recovery

TmobileDash12
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
You flashed the patch also? I just rename in case I want to go back. That's just my preference though either is good.

No one has had a definite answer but from what I can figure out it's to do with when you backup your phone settings to google. I think it just kind of runs and never let's go so it eats power.

Make sure your apps aren't running in the backup turn off all radios (gps/bluetooth/wifi) turn screen brightness down. If you happened to have installed a questionable app/or downloaded not quite legally. Stop or remove the app to test. Hope something there might help.

Edited to be more readable
Yes I also flashed the patch.

I don't really use wifi since my mobile data speeds are faster than my home [embarrassing]. I didn't use GPS/bluetooth either. I even checked in settings to make sure nothing was turned on accidentally. My screen brightness is on auto, but the drain happened when I was sleeping. And no illegal apps, plus I've been running this ROM since 4-3-12, and this happened recently.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe