Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Should Next release have soft Key enabled ?
Yes, I want soft key enabled! 19 20.43%
No, I don't need that! 31 33.33%
I Don't care as long the new release is stable! 43 46.24%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed

DISCONTINUED .: :: Zips Creamed Glacier v4.05 :: :. [DISCONTINUED]

OP zipsnet

10th April 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #1321  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 7,273

3,206 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertscookie

I haven't found a solution for my insane battery drain. Although after wiping caches and flashing the patch it changed the battery as you can see in the screenshot I took. Attachment 994518 (The weird gap is where I was in recovery and flashed the patch) then it boosted my battery up and the battery is lot more stable. IDK if there is a runaway process eating power, or just misreporting battery info, but I'll keep an eye on it.

I was trying all sorts of battery and process monitors I even got my hands on qualcomm's trepn profiler (which completely rules) and nothing seems out of the ordinary or heavy.

=============Edit================

The patch seemed to actually help the battery immensely! So definitely try that dash, make sure you wipe caches first dalvik/cache. <=== *Edit II* I just had another plummet after a reboot wtf...

Also my camera keeps giving me the "..unfortunately stopped..." error. But I fixed it by appending .old to it in the system/app dir and rebooting renaming back and rebooting

Go and check out sckboys thread on battery draining OS its a google apk i beleive it is General

Sent from my M865 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to ...Awesome... For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #1322  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 80

315 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome...

Go and check out sckboys thread on battery draining OS its a google apk i beleive it is General

I did, I'll give that a shot. My Android OS process wasn't that high though so it never struck me as odd. After restarts I notice my battery reporting different values than before. It will go from 9 to 78, or 51 to 14. The battery reporting is off I feel, but I'm not sure... I have done a couple of deep cycles. It could be possible my battery is just dying.
10th April 2012, 06:59 PM   |  #1323  
Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 8

85 posts
More
Links2SD was updated on Apr 9. Might be a good candidate.

Also I've been noticing with the ICS ROMS, I've been having a hard time uninstalling apps. Even apps with small footprints through settings take over 2 mins to uninstall if they uninstall at all. Ever seen this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipsnet

No it does not support that app. but I'll be more than happy to look into it, even tho that app its more than a year old? am I correct ???

Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 04
Date of Release: January 29, 2011

Or there's a new one??

Thanks

-Z

I2IEAILiiTY
10th April 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #1324  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstreet28

Links2SD was updated on Apr 9. Might be a good candidate.

Also I've been noticing with the ICS ROMS, I've been having a hard time uninstalling apps. Even apps with small footprints through settings take over 2 mins to uninstall if they uninstall at all. Ever seen this issue?

Sometimes, but it's not often. I noticed it takes awhile to load the data about the app though in app info. I don't uninstall apps til it finishes loading the app info, so maybe that's what it is. Idk lol.
10th April 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #1325  
Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 8

85 posts
More
Aaargghhhh!!!! Left over from MIUI, but MiLocker uninstall has been running for over 4 minutes now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I2IEAILiiTY

Sometimes, but it's not often. I noticed it takes awhile to load the data about the app though in app info. I don't uninstall apps til it finishes loading the app info, so maybe that's what it is. Idk lol.

10th April 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #1326  
Illinois
Thanks Meter: 61

447 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome...

What if you're still getting battery drain even after deleting that, wipe cache+dalvik, fix permission. O.o
Because that's where I'm at..
10th April 2012, 08:24 PM   |  #1327  
Flag Buffalo, NY

315 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmobileDash12

What if you're still getting battery drain even after deleting that, wipe cache+dalvik, fix permission. O.o
Because that's where I'm at..

I renamed the googlebackuptransport.apk to googlebackuptransport.apk.old and restarted and actually have fairly stable battery right now. Is this issue after factory reset/wipe cache/wipe dalvik? I would also recommend at least 2 deep battery cycles after installing the ROM.
10th April 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #1328  
Illinois

447 posts
More
Quote:

I renamed the googlebackuptransport.apk to googlebackuptransport.apk.old and restarted and actually have fairly stable battery right now. Is this issue after factory reset/wipe cache/wipe dalvik? I would also recommend at least 2 deep battery cycles after installing the ROM.

I just deleted the apk. I did a full wipe on 4-3-12 before flashing 4.01. Not an issue of the apk [does anyone know what it does?], or deep battery cycles. Thanks for your suggestions though
10th April 2012, 08:45 PM   |  #1329  
Flag Buffalo, NY

315 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmobileDash12

I just deleted the apk. I did a full wipe on 4-3-12 before flashing 4.01. Not an issue of the apk [does anyone know what it does?], or deep battery cycles. Thanks for your suggestions though

You flashed the patch also? I just rename in case I want to go back. That's just my preference though either is good.

No one has had a definite answer but from what I can figure out it's to do with when you backup your phone settings to google. I think it just kind of runs and never let's go so it eats power.

Make sure your apps aren't running in the backup turn off all radios (gps/bluetooth/wifi) turn screen brightness down. If you happened to have installed a questionable app/or downloaded not quite legally. Stop or remove the app to test. Hope something there might help.

Edited to be more readable
10th April 2012, 10:55 PM   |  #1330  
Illinois

447 posts
More
Quote:

You flashed the patch also? I just rename in case I want to go back. That's just my preference though either is good.

No one has had a definite answer but from what I can figure out it's to do with when you backup your phone settings to google. I think it just kind of runs and never let's go so it eats power.

Make sure your apps aren't running in the backup turn off all radios (gps/bluetooth/wifi) turn screen brightness down. If you happened to have installed a questionable app/or downloaded not quite legally. Stop or remove the app to test. Hope something there might help.

Edited to be more readable

Yes I also flashed the patch.

I don't really use wifi since my mobile data speeds are faster than my home [embarrassing]. I didn't use GPS/bluetooth either. I even checked in settings to make sure nothing was turned on accidentally. My screen brightness is on auto, but the drain happened when I was sleeping. And no illegal apps, plus I've been running this ROM since 4-3-12, and this happened recently.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread