Motorola Triumph vs Glide

Tip us?

xxBrun0xx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 212
Question Motorola Triumph vs Glide

Hey all,

I got a Moto Triumph a while back and had some issues with hardware, bricked it once, etc. Virgin Mobile shipped me a refurb once and a brand new one when the refurb broke. Other than that, I've had great experience with it. Big screen, lots of custom rom support, and a very cheap plan ($35/month). With MIUI it feels like a very high-end phone and hasn't had a problem running anything I've thrown at it.

This past week I purchased a Glide from someone who was going back to their iphone after using their renewal. I was planning on turning around and selling it since they cut me a deal, but after playing with it a little bit and finding out that it is on the list for an official ICS upgrade, I actually am thinking about keeping it, selling the Triumph, and switching to Straight Talk. On paper, it looks like a much nicer phone than the Triumph, but without much development, it doesn't feel any faster. I would also consider switching for the extra coverage (although Virgin works reasonably well where I live). Then again, it's an extra $10/month and money's tight at the moment (graduating college soon).

Anyone have any thoughts on what they would do if they were in the same boat?

gabby131
Old
Thanks Meter 127
for me, if you like it then keep it.

In my case, I am glad to have the glide. Really, when I get the device, I have Galaxy S 2 LTE, HTC Raider, Moto RAZR, Evo 3D as my choices for upgrades.

Why I choose the glide? First android with HW Keyboard + Super AMOLED + Dual-Core.

About development, it is normal to see it like this, quiet, but I am not losing hope. the Infuse 4G thread was almost nothing at first 3-4 months since their forum was established. But if you look there now, it's as noisy as other forums.

So in other words, yes if I am in your shoes, I'll do the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dudejb
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Development has slowed because everyone is waiting for ICS. No reason to develop on gingerbread where ICS is around the corner. The glide rocks and I can tell you many of us love it for it's key features. Dual core and Keyboard with 1 gig or ram. Only thing I wish was that the battery lasted longer but I made do by buying extra batteries on ebay and an external charger for cheap.

xxBrun0xx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 212
Haha actually just traded mine for a gsm unlocked Razr Not only are they beastly in the specs department, but they're apparently worth quite a bit! Although I'm not a big fan of the keyboard, it is handy and the phone's def got the specs to back it up.

dudejb
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Sorry to see you leave the Glide, but if you are happy that's what counts.