Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

Lost Cause?

OP Superewza

10th April 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Well i've had my i5700 for about two years and recently it's been acting rather strange, being extremely slow etc. But now it won't even boot up. I've been planning on upgrading anyway, i was just wondering if there's anything i could try to maybe save it? It's never been unlocked, still on 1.5 (thanks to complete lack of anything but Windows support by Samsung). Holding down volume down, call and call end just causes it to reboot before it reaches the end of the initial loading bar. I've tried most other combinations i could find, the only one that did anything other than a normal boot was call, ok and call end which put it in a 'self test' sort of thing, which wasn't much help.

Any ideas or should i just give up? Thanks
11th April 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
pm me about it so i can remember to help you tomorrow. i'll tell you how to upgrade to official 2.1. it's faster than 1.5. i can't help you now because i can't turn on my computer.

Sent from my Galaxy Spica using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
12th April 2012, 02:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag Vaasa
Thanks Meter: 6

31 posts
More
You can get android 2.1 update with Kies I believe, but if your phone is rooted try to upgrade it with FROYO for SPICA (CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.3) which you can find it here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865342

It is not hard to do and I believe it works much better.
12th April 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
I can't use Kies if it won't boot up. And as far as i can see i can't root it without being unlocked and i can't unlock it without being rooted.

I hadn't upgraded it earlier because of the Kies driver requirement, which doesn't work on Linux. I do have access to a Windows laptop currently though...

I tried to use Kies from Download Mode, which i managed to get into a few days ago, but it doesn't do it now. Not sure if i'm doing the wrong combination or what.
12th April 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #5  
Flag Vaasa

31 posts
More
If I remember correctly you donīt have to go in Download Mode when you use Kies. Just disable USB debugging. Do not enable it when you use Kies (turn it off). Then open Kies and let Kies search your phone. Then it will give you latest available version for Galaxy Spica i5700 which is android 2.1 and just let it update and reboot. I hope it will go well.
12th April 2012, 07:24 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
You mean disable USB debugging on the phone? Kind of hard to do when it won't boot up

I did get it to where Kies would recognize the phone, when it was stuck in a sort of loop after the boot animation. But it didn't give me the option to upgrade.
12th April 2012, 07:56 PM   |  #7  
Flag Vaasa

31 posts
More
Ou yes, you mentioned the phone wonīt boot up. In that case I really donīt know what to do. If I would be on your place and if I would want to keep that phone I would probably bring it to some service and explain the situation. They probably have some software to boot up the phone with I would think. If not, then I really donīt see any other option but to replace it with some other phone. That would be my choice, but of course it is up to you what do you want to do.
12th April 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Okay, update: i have managed to get it into download mode. What now?
13th April 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Okay, farukdgn helped me with this through PM. Seems to be sorted now. Should at least tide me through until my new phone arrives

I tried Odin myself but it seems most of the reason it didn't work for me was not being able to find the right files.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread