5,603,729 Members 37,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery [2013-09-16]

Tip us?

Dees_Troy
Old
(Last edited by Dees_Troy; 16th September 2013 at 09:24 PM.)
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 8606

DONATE TO ME
Default [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery [2013-09-16]

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
-Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
-Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
-Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
-Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
-A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
-Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
-Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
-Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
-Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
-Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
-Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
-Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
-Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.0.0:
Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.6.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not have some of the new changes visible (e.g. you won't be able to encrypt a backup)!
-Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
-Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
-Updated exFAT to latest commits
-Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
-Update SuperSU binary
-Fixed saving of backup partitions list
-Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
-Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
-Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
-Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
-Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Notes about encrypted backups:
Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

DOWNLOAD:
The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
Play Store Link
Direct Download
1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
OR:
You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

randong
Old
Thanks Meter 23
sweet i might have to try this out on one of mine
The Following User Says Thank You to randong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

haggardh
Old
(Last edited by haggardh; 10th April 2012 at 08:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Works great
The Following User Says Thank You to haggardh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Marshmellow92
Old
Thanks Meter 23
can you post instructions on how to get the recovery cuz i downloaded the app and i went to recovery and flashed the zip but nothing happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marshmellow92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

contactwajeeh
Old
Thanks Meter 303

DONATE TO ME
Does the battery indicator is still a issue?

DEVICE 1: Samsung Galaxy S2 - i9100
Recovery: CWM
SD : 16 GB Samsung Class 4

DEVICE 2: Pantech Burst
Recovery: CWM

DEVICE 3: Samsung Fascinate
Recovery: Devil 6.0.2.5(Touch)
SD : 8 GB SAMSUNG Class 6

Thanks to Dagnus
The Following User Says Thank You to contactwajeeh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

haggardh
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmellow92 View Post
can you post instructions on how to get the recovery cuz i downloaded the app and i went to recovery and flashed the zip but nothing happened.
You have to flash the recovery .img as well. I used the GUI app renamed the. .img to recovery.img and flashed it. Then reflashed the zip for extra measure.
The Following User Says Thank You to haggardh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cruzin_cruzing
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactwajeeh View Post
Does the battery indicator is still a issue?
Yes it is, but charging while powered off works now.

Nexus 4, HTC One X
ROM: AICP 2.5

Previous Devices: HTC Vivid, HTC Inspire, Sony Xperia X10, Motorola Razr

buckeyemike
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Very nice! Many thanks to the devs.
lmftmf Old
Thanks Meter
I cant access my external sd card from any of the directorys, emmc, internal sd, etc.. They all point to internal.

cruzin_cruzing
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmftmf View Post
I cant access my external sd card from any of the directorys, emmc, internal sd, etc.. They all point to internal.
The bug has been confirmed and a fix is on the way.

Nexus 4, HTC One X
ROM: AICP 2.5

Previous Devices: HTC Vivid, HTC Inspire, Sony Xperia X10, Motorola Razr

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cruzin_cruzing For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]