How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Change Sensation display (LCD) by One S display (AMOLED)

OP danirebollo

8th April 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #21  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 199

2,032 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnRubber90

If this ever works, it will end like Motorola's Cliq multi touch patch. While it might work, the screen voltage sensors won't be calibrate correctly and will end burning the screen (if you don't believe me Google it). The same could happen to the screen in general, with wrong voltage its going to break.

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

How much more voltage does it require? If its less then we can change it

Sent from my Sensation using XDA
8th April 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #22  
Flag UK

2,032 posts
More
Actually another problem could be that if you notice the four ui buttons are attached to the screen and the one s has three so it would end up in different places etc and probably not work.

The Following User Says Thank You to sensation lover For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #23  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 31

232 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensation lover

Actually another problem could be that if you notice the four ui buttons are attached to the screen and the one s has three so it would end up in different places etc and probably not work.

Well I haven't seen a disassembled One S yet but on the Sensation, the buttons are receiving input from a small board that is attached to the digitizer. While it's possible to do mods on the software side, the button prints are going to be way off.

The screen replacement idea sounds good but wow it sounds like there's going to be a lot of hurdles and headaches should this mod get done,
10th April 2012, 12:51 PM   |  #24  
Flag UK

2,032 posts
More
Well guys, after inquiring about it by sending HTC some e-mails, the guy rang me the following day and he said that just his manager said it cannot be done due to device terms and conditions and and company policies he will ask somebody much higher up if they should do it because It's such a good idea.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

Edit: A different guy from HTC called me today and apparently he was literally in charge of HTC UK, he said that he found it a very interesting preposition BUT (=() he said that we would have to change the motherboard for the screen as well and HTC are not willing to provide the service as it would cost 100's.
Last edited by sensation lover; 10th April 2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: new information
10th April 2012, 01:12 PM   |  #25  
OP Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 4

73 posts
More
Please post when found screens on ebay or other sites. I look for this now but i dont found, maybe was too early
10th April 2012, 01:46 PM   |  #26  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 90

1,128 posts
More
Why go through all the trouble of doing it if there's a massive chance it's not gonna work?

Why not just sell the Sensation and buy a One S?
10th April 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 15

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sromer

Why go through all the trouble of doing it if there's a massive chance it's not gonna work?

Why not just sell the Sensation and buy a One S?

I agree it's not worth the risk. Just sell the sensation on Ebay and fork out the extra cash... I'm still yet to play with a One S yet only the One X and to me it was too big...
10th April 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #28  
OP Member
Flag Madrid

73 posts
More
What risk? If screen dont power after update, i will back to another...
Screen must be tryed without broke nothing
10th April 2012, 08:30 PM   |  #29  
Flag UK

2,032 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danirebollo

What risk? If screen dont power after update, i will back to another...
Screen must be tryed without broke nothing

That MAY be the case but it seems complex, we'll need somebody to test it for us, somebody who knows what they are doing.
10th April 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #30  
OP Member
Flag Madrid

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensation lover

That MAY be the case but it seems complex, we'll need somebody to test it for us, somebody who knows what they are doing.

Ok, if someone try it would be nice ... I do not work on HTC, but I am an engineer (almost XD), I know when something is possible, but I need HTC ONE S screen to see whether it is possible ...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amoled, lcd, one s, pinout, sensation
Previous Thread Next Thread