Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,184 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Change Sensation display (LCD) by One S display (AMOLED)

Tip us?

sensation lover
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnRubber90 View Post
If this ever works, it will end like Motorola's Cliq multi touch patch. While it might work, the screen voltage sensors won't be calibrate correctly and will end burning the screen (if you don't believe me Google it). The same could happen to the screen in general, with wrong voltage its going to break.

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
How much more voltage does it require? If its less then we can change it

Sent from my Sensation using XDA
HTC Sensation-----> Samsung Galaxy S2 -------> HTC ONE X ------------> SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS & SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 10.1

sensation lover
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Actually another problem could be that if you notice the four ui buttons are attached to the screen and the one s has three so it would end up in different places etc and probably not work.

HTC Sensation-----> Samsung Galaxy S2 -------> HTC ONE X ------------> SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS & SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 10.1

The Following User Says Thank You to sensation lover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dgenx210
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensation lover View Post
Actually another problem could be that if you notice the four ui buttons are attached to the screen and the one s has three so it would end up in different places etc and probably not work.

Well I haven't seen a disassembled One S yet but on the Sensation, the buttons are receiving input from a small board that is attached to the digitizer. While it's possible to do mods on the software side, the button prints are going to be way off.

The screen replacement idea sounds good but wow it sounds like there's going to be a lot of hurdles and headaches should this mod get done,

sensation lover
Old
(Last edited by sensation lover; 10th April 2012 at 04:21 PM.) Reason: new information
Thanks Meter 198
Well guys, after inquiring about it by sending HTC some e-mails, the guy rang me the following day and he said that just his manager said it cannot be done due to device terms and conditions and and company policies he will ask somebody much higher up if they should do it because It's such a good idea.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

Edit: A different guy from HTC called me today and apparently he was literally in charge of HTC UK, he said that he found it a very interesting preposition BUT (=() he said that we would have to change the motherboard for the screen as well and HTC are not willing to provide the service as it would cost 100's.

danirebollo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Please post when found screens on ebay or other sites. I look for this now but i dont found, maybe was too early

sromer
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Why go through all the trouble of doing it if there's a massive chance it's not gonna work?

Why not just sell the Sensation and buy a One S?
Sony Ericsson T290 > Motorola KRZR > Samsung Omnia i900 > HTC Desire HD > HTC Sensation > Nexus 5

Sean88
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sromer View Post
Why go through all the trouble of doing it if there's a massive chance it's not gonna work?

Why not just sell the Sensation and buy a One S?
I agree it's not worth the risk. Just sell the sensation on Ebay and fork out the extra cash... I'm still yet to play with a One S yet only the One X and to me it was too big...

danirebollo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
What risk? If screen dont power after update, i will back to another...
Screen must be tryed without broke nothing

sensation lover
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by danirebollo View Post
What risk? If screen dont power after update, i will back to another...
Screen must be tryed without broke nothing
That MAY be the case but it seems complex, we'll need somebody to test it for us, somebody who knows what they are doing.

danirebollo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensation lover View Post
That MAY be the case but it seems complex, we'll need somebody to test it for us, somebody who knows what they are doing.
Ok, if someone try it would be nice ... I do not work on HTC, but I am an engineer (almost XD), I know when something is possible, but I need HTC ONE S screen to see whether it is possible ...

Tags
amoled, lcd, one s, pinout, sensation