Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 49,555 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Used to love this phone

Tip us?

speeddevil
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Used to love this phone

But after updating to 2.3 it has really screwed my phone up. I used the lg updater and did everything the legit way, the night they released it. Now my phone doesn't keep time, I'm lucky if my phone rings once out of every ten phone calls, and I don't get text messages until I turn my phone on and unlock the screen. I don't even get missed call alerts, just a voicemail alert some hours later. I rooted my phone back when I was on 2.2 using super one click I think. Could this be what is messing it up?

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA
Sprint S3 SPH-L710

wayno140
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Not the root causing problem it is ghost calls and I have heard many developers say it is 2.3.5 issue and have heard LG will come out with a fix for it soon but knowing LG I wouldn't hold your breathe

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA

BigCiX
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I know I don't get the text message icon half the time on the notification bar.

gentzleon
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Yes the update is to blame. I decided to drop the thrill and move on. Grabbed a htc vividly official ice update and it works great. The face recognition is nice..wont use my thrill as a phone any longer..

gniblack
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am using Thrill Seeker 2.0, and I am not having any of these problems. I had to mess around with some things to free up resources since I have using the SPB Shell 3D Launcher, but after using the AutoKiller I'm all good.

CallMeAria
Old
Thanks Meter 291

DONATE TO ME
Ghost calls are indeed a part of V20p (and all gingerbread updates for this phone as far as I can tell). Nothing to do with root. There's no way to know its happening unless the person who tried to call you chews your ear off later on about not answering your phone or calling back (my wife). Or when you recieve the voicemail to the call you never got.

Now if only the ghost calls would limit themselves to telemarketers...sigh

Seriously though, if the person calling doesn't make it known they tried to call you then you'll likely never know it even happened. This is something they need to fix ASAP and I would suggest flooding their emails and forums demanding a fix. I know I am.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App
Samsung Galaxy SII --CM10.1-- Sold
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket --CM10.1--Sold (P.O.S)
Samsung Galaxy S4 --Goldeneye mga --CURRENT

-Puck-
Old
Thanks Meter 1
No ghost calls on Thrill Seeker 2.0 on my V20P thrill.

Did you verify APNs and try a factory reset? Whats your signal db look like?

gniblack
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can confirm that while I have not experienced any ghost calls my phone's clock was 20 minutes behind today when I was in class. Thank goodness I didn't rely on that time when going to school today.

speeddevil
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I called at&t today to see what they had to say. They told me that this is the first time he is hearing about this problem, and they want me to try a factory reset first. So I guess I will try that.

lazylu
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I get all my calls. And text

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA