FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Used to love this phone

68 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By speeddevil, Member on 10th April 2012, 10:55 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
But after updating to 2.3 it has really screwed my phone up. I used the lg updater and did everything the legit way, the night they released it. Now my phone doesn't keep time, I'm lucky if my phone rings once out of every ten phone calls, and I don't get text messages until I turn my phone on and unlock the screen. I don't even get missed call alerts, just a voicemail alert some hours later. I rooted my phone back when I was on 2.2 using super one click I think. Could this be what is messing it up?

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

10th April 2012, 10:58 PM |#2  
Flag bryan
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Not the root causing problem it is ghost calls and I have heard many developers say it is 2.3.5 issue and have heard LG will come out with a fix for it soon but knowing LG I wouldn't hold your breathe

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA
11th April 2012, 05:37 AM |#3  
Bakersfield
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I know I don't get the text message icon half the time on the notification bar.
11th April 2012, 06:21 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Yes the update is to blame. I decided to drop the thrill and move on. Grabbed a htc vividly official ice update and it works great. The face recognition is nice..wont use my thrill as a phone any longer..
11th April 2012, 06:33 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am using Thrill Seeker 2.0, and I am not having any of these problems. I had to mess around with some things to free up resources since I have using the SPB Shell 3D Launcher, but after using the AutoKiller I'm all good.
11th April 2012, 12:30 PM |#6  
Flag Murrieta, CA
Thanks Meter: 291

Donate to Me
More
Ghost calls are indeed a part of V20p (and all gingerbread updates for this phone as far as I can tell). Nothing to do with root. There's no way to know its happening unless the person who tried to call you chews your ear off later on about not answering your phone or calling back (my wife). Or when you recieve the voicemail to the call you never got.

Now if only the ghost calls would limit themselves to telemarketers...sigh

Seriously though, if the person calling doesn't make it known they tried to call you then you'll likely never know it even happened. This is something they need to fix ASAP and I would suggest flooding their emails and forums demanding a fix. I know I am.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App
12th April 2012, 06:03 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
No ghost calls on Thrill Seeker 2.0 on my V20P thrill.

Did you verify APNs and try a factory reset? Whats your signal db look like?
12th April 2012, 07:01 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can confirm that while I have not experienced any ghost calls my phone's clock was 20 minutes behind today when I was in class. Thank goodness I didn't rely on that time when going to school today.
12th April 2012, 07:32 AM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I called at&t today to see what they had to say. They told me that this is the first time he is hearing about this problem, and they want me to try a factory reset first. So I guess I will try that.
12th April 2012, 11:15 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I get all my calls. And text

12th April 2012, 12:27 PM |#11  
Flag Murrieta, CA
Thanks Meter: 291

Donate to Me
More
That's the thing about ghost calls, you really DONT know that you're not getting them.

For example, if somebody calls you and doesn't leave a voicemail, you will never know it even happened. To the person calling you the phone rings like normal and goes to voicemail just as it should. But on your end the call never makes it to your phone and you are oblivious to what's going on.

I didn't think it was happening to me either until somebody actually brought it to my attention they had just called me.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread