Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

[Q] Pola100 NAND Install

OP metalac666

19th January 2011, 04:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Slavonski Brod
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hello every one!

I have a problem installing Android to my Polaris 100 in NAND, and I hope You can help me.
I followed the tutorial for NAND install on androidhtc wiki.

The problem is when I boot it says: "Install module for this kernel apply modules/androidupdate.tgz"
I downloaded from wiki androidupdate.tgz, put it in andboot folder reboot the device with vol up holding then, I selected install update and I get an error: "can`t open /sdcard/andboot/androidupdate.tar no shuch file or directory"
I have noticed the difference in extensions so I opened androidupdate.tgz and saw that androidupdate.tar is inside. I extracted androidupdate.tar from androidupdate.tgz and put it in andboot on sdcard. But i get the same error.
I have also tried with Mixer in latest Atool 1.1.4 to merge androidinstall and androidupdate but on boot i get: "Install module for this kernel apply modules/androidupdate.tgz" androidinstall.tar is also from androidhtc the release is system-froyo-all-unodex-15-01-11_18

Thank You for Your time, best regards Ivan
19th January 2011, 05:16 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 94

1,133 posts
Donate to Me
More
first mode problem:
did you place the file in andboot before click install update?
(left the file as it is, do not extract)

second mode problem:
after merging the module and the androidinstall did you extract and repack?
did you reinstall with the new android install?
20th January 2011, 12:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Slavonski Brod

5 posts
More
@first mode problem
I have tried both, androidupdate.tgz with androidupdate.tar in it, which was originally downloaded as that from androidhtc wiki. And i have tried extracting androidupdate.tgz and put androidupdate.tar in andboot folder but I get the same error.

@second mod problem
Again i tried both ways same error...

I don`t get the last part "did you reinstall with the new android install?", I did not managed to install android on NAND at all.

BTW it`s confusing having files in multiple archives so what`s correct? Androidinstall.tar in androidinstall.tgz or just androidinstall.tar whit system folder in it? When i merge androidupdate.tgz and androidinstall.tgz with Atool I get androidinstall.tgz with androidinstall.tgz in it...

Best regards Ivan
20th January 2011, 01:44 AM   |  #4  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 7

29 posts
More
metalac666

What i think liquid means is:
When you open Atools and you are at the mixer,
you need to apply the right module update and save it!
So here is my suggestion:
Put the Android OS in one folder on your desktop, and the update in another folder on your desktop.Also create a new folder (maybe name it andboot)where you will put the outcome of the mixing aka the new androidinstall!
Open the mixer, load the OS as usual, then click "Module update", and when it asks for a working directory point it to the folder where the update is in!!
Then mix them, and DONT FORGET to save the new androidinstall (wich comes from this procedure) on the folder i mentioned before.
hope i helped
The Following User Says Thank You to makousika For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2011, 02:26 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Slavonski Brod

5 posts
More
@makousika

Thank You for the tip.

If I undersood correctly, I have to put androidinstall in folder lets call it Folder A, and androidupdate in another folder lets call it Folder B. So when I`m at Mix in atool i should add my androidinstall which is in Folder A, set a working direcotory which is Folder B, which contains androidupdate and click on Module update which download androidupdate...??? Extract it with that button that looks like Debian logo and click on save button to get my new androidinstall.
Well if I did undertood that correctly it does not work for me unfortunately.

Best regards Ivan
Last edited by metalac666; 20th January 2011 at 02:34 AM.
20th January 2011, 03:48 AM   |  #6  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 7

29 posts
More
No, no, maybe i said it wrong...
Lets call Folder A the folder where the androidinstall is in.
And call Folder B the folder where the update is.
you open the rom mix, you hit the add icon and select Folder A.
Then, you hit the button at the right (looks like a brown box with an arrow poinitng down) the one saying "Module update". If you press it, it asks for a working directory, and you put folder B.
You mix, save, and hopefully you are done!!

If you cant do it, i have a thread where i've put up a build, take a look.
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=921053
20th January 2011, 04:01 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Slavonski Brod

5 posts
More
@makousika

I saw Your thread and tried to run Android via Haret, at first it did not work and then it hit me. I was formating my sdcard, and it changed my partition table from primary to logical. I used EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition to reformat my sdcard and change partition table from logycal to primary. Android is working via haret, probably that is why NAND install did not want to start.I will post tomorrow (today) was this really the issue for above mentioned NAND install problem that i had.

Best regards Ivan
20th January 2011, 03:54 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Slavonski Brod

5 posts
More
Well ill be damned! The problem was in partition table. I have successfully installed android in nand on my pola100.

Best regards Ivan
11th April 2012, 12:20 AM   |  #9  

5 posts
Hi! I have the same problem in my Polaris 100 (Install module for this kernel apply modules/androidupdate.tgz). Kernel 2.6.25 was runing well but wifi wasn't working.
Last edited by Nun088; 11th April 2012 at 01:22 AM.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread