OP jeanpierrr

13th December 2011, 10:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Clichy sous bois
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Hi all,

did someone know how to enable Wifi Adhoc compatibility on the Lumia800 ?
i'm unable to connect the lumia800 to a Wifi adhoc hotspot.

many thanks.
jp
14th December 2011, 07:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bayonne
Thanks Meter: 21

207 posts
More
I'm not sure about what you are talking about but if it is SFR WiFi, you just need to use the SFR app.
16th December 2011, 02:02 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 64

381 posts
I can't connect to ad-hoc with an Omnia 7 either. I ended up just buying a cable router to connect to rather than my laptop. Annoying I know..
29th March 2012, 09:30 AM   |  #4  
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 311

1,271 posts
Donate to Me
More
Any news on this? If Nokia won't let me teether my laptop, the least they could do was to let me use my laptop to connect to internet and then share it with the Lumia...
29th March 2012, 05:01 PM   |  #5  
Flag Härnösand
Thanks Meter: 5

33 posts
More
Wait... The OP is having trouble connecting his Lumia TO a wifi-network? Do I understand that correct? If so, I do believe the settings on the hotspot is wrong.

jbbandos: You should be able to do that already. I'll check when I get to my laptop, but it works at home.
29th March 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #6  
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 311

1,271 posts
Donate to Me
More
The problem I have is that the lumia connects to a access point, but won't connect to my laptop ad-hoc network. So wifi works, but seems to be incomplete.
5th April 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
More
If I recall this is actually by design. The iphone and I think a number of android handsets also don't support it. Remember reading about it when people talked about parrot drones.

Which then had to issue an update to start a connection in infrastructure mode as opposed to ad hoc.

The exact reason for the lack of support kinda elludes me though. Could be a security feature to prevent drive bys and hijacks I guess.
5th April 2012, 11:53 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 70

357 posts
More
As a workaround, there is this application called "Connectify", that allows you to turn your Laptop into a WiFi hotspot. Works fine with Windows 7 (and 8) and my Lumia.
7th April 2012, 07:12 AM   |  #9  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 4

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKringel

As a workaround, there is this application called "Connectify", that allows you to turn your Laptop into a WiFi hotspot. Works fine with Windows 7 (and 8) and my Lumia.

Thanks for the tip
i am using Virtual adapter to connect my Lumia 800.
11th April 2012, 09:11 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 15

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbandos

Any news on this? If Nokia won't let me teether my laptop, the least they could do was to let me use my laptop to connect to internet and then share it with the Lumia...

I actually tried it on a WIN 7 X64 pro, I created just a adhoc network on my wifi adapter (both a unsecured/open network and a wpa2-secured one) and connected my lumia to that wlan using the settings below "WLAN -->advanced settings-->add a wlan network " and manually typed the SSID here. Connection succeded, can reach my laptop, but nothing more, cause my Laptop isn't a router.

So all you have to do is to create it manually on your Lumia.

If you want to use it to connect your Lumia to the internet, you have to setup your adhoc-network-device to forward the pakets from its adhoc-adapter to its internet-adapter.

Regards

DonPromillo

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lumia800 adhoc wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread