Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 41,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

best xperia play case

Tip us?

headlesslouis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russsy View Post
I have the same exact case Splinters69 bought on ebay. It feels really smooth and adds a bit of grip to the xperia play. It hardly adds any extra weight and the price is really good.
I also have this case, but I'm not sure if I like it, when I got it the rubber had come of the front half of the case and it felt very flimsy, after a week of use the top joint on the front had snapped in two, the rubber only holding it together, it's usable, but not ideal.

nenobr2
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Got this one, very cool.It's very comfortable to the hand when open and closed.
http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Rubber.../dp/B004Z274UI

veristic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've used both the otterbox version and tridentcase version.

The otterbox seems to have a better look and feel/design but i've gone through two of them. Once, when I dropped it in my room the case protected my phone but the snap-on teeth for the case broke easily. Next I tried taking the case off to get to my battery and it was hell... I ended up taking the case off but not without the same thing happening, one of the snap-on teeth broke off so neither of them would stay put on my phone afterward.

The trident case seems simpler and less aesthetically pleasing (although it has nice color choices) and slightly bulkier but it isn't a pain in the ass to remove at the expense of potentially ruining one of the snap-on teeth, and provides just as much protection. I can take off both portions of the case easy while I had hell trying to get the otterbox cases off. It protects the phone just as well as the otterbox, and it has open access to the shoulder triggers if that matters to you.

Go with the tridentcase > otterbox. My honest opinion after experience using both.

sfex3best
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Hey could anyone recommend me to a cheap case that words really well?

simcheat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
try IMAK xperia play case
-best cut-out case
-slim profile
-hinge is not easy to break unless you often take out the case

wredj10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The trident aegis case is good,

bought on amazon

Jackill
Old
Thanks Meter 3
if you want something fancy then www.pdair.com has some nice looking ones. I personally have the book style leather case. looks chique

narflynn619
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Trident Aegis will always be my champion! :D

The only problem it gives me is temperatures reaching 49 degrees when playing Gangstar Rio.. amd that's when my eyes already hurt and I need to sleep.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Trident Aegis will always be my champion! :D

The only problem it gives me is temperatures reaching 49 degrees when playing Gangstar Rio.. amd that's when my eyes already hurt and I need to sleep.

xRegrets
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Currently using a TPU Gel-like case for xperia play. Fits well and has a cover for both the headphone jack and micro-usb port. I cut off a little of the cover above the power button as it wasn't that comfortable to press with the cover .
Previous devices: Optimus GT540, Galaxy Ace, Xperia Play, Xperia P
Current Device: Nexus 4
Xylon | OFFICIAL: 2.1.1-Feb22 / franco.kernel r86 (:

Click Thanks if I ever help you

Superdio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello everyone.

I've tried to buy a trident aegis case for my xperia play from ebay (from a Premium Seller in the US, +36000 positive feedbacks), but unfortunately the package took quite a month to arrive (from US to Italy) and it was empty, because someone stole its content during the trip.

Due to this bad experience, can you suggest me a reliable online store who sells and send to Italy the trident aegis case for Xperia play?

Thanks in advance for your help.