Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,630 Members 39,795 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Vega - soft bricked? No boot mode.

Tip us?

okti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Question [Q] Vega - soft bricked? No boot mode.

Hi Everyone,

I know its a few threads about how to unbrick Advent Vega and how many threads is that many ideas how to do it.

I was running ViewCOMB 3.2 built 5.1 and everything was ok, but ive installed Rom Manager from Market, and tried other rom (wrong one ).
After reboot nothing is happening, i mean when i press power button for ok 10 sec and then short press again, screen is on black with backlight for about 1 sec and keep coming off.

Ive tried to turn into boot mode (2sec. back + 2 sec. power) about 1000 times already with power cable on and off, but nothing happening.
I have drivers installed on my laptop (had installed custom rom already).

I want to specify a few facts:

Is battery must be charged to full? or should start another try from flat?
If so, how to drain battery if tablet wont power up?
Is better to try with power cable on or off?
Some people saying about holding buttons for a 2 sec, other for 1 sec, what is right?

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

okti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Finally after hours of pressing and holding power + back buttons I've sorted it.

- hold power button for about 10 sec. (to make sure device is off)
- hold back button 2 sec. (don't release)
- press power button till notification sound will come on.

Then had notification sound from Windows about new device connected. On my device list was Nvidia usb boot-recovery device.

Before last try I've charged battery to full (blue light) then disconnected power cable. I couldn't do it with battery full and power cable in (strange).

I think the main hint is to make sure that device is off. Ive noticed that even if screen is off device might be running.

Hopefully this little explanation will help

2minuutes
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by okti View Post
Finally after hours of pressing and holding power + back buttons I've sorted it.

- hold power button for about 10 sec. (to make sure device is off)
- hold back button 2 sec. (don't release)
- press power button till notification sound will come on.

Then had notification sound from Windows about new device connected. On my device list was Nvidia usb boot-recovery device.

Before last try I've charged battery to full (blue light) then disconnected power cable. I couldn't do it with battery full and power cable in (strange).

I think the main hint is to make sure that device is off. Ive noticed that even if screen is off device might be running.

Hopefully this little explanation will help
THAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNKKKKK YYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the same problem and I thought it was bricked for like, 4ever, so THNX!!!
Devices:

Phone: LG G2 F320S

Recovery: PhilZ Touch

Tablet: Google Nexus 7

Recovery: PhilZ 5.03.0

nicks90
Old
Thanks Meter 34
i had exactly the same problem last night when i asked CWM to do a backup and the screen went black and wouldnt switch on.

one way to tell if it hasnt powered off properly when its stale booting is to look under the black surround between the screen and the camera and you may see a faint blue light. Only viewable with about 5 deg viewing angle (so same as the screen LOL)
i found i could not get it into boot mode at all. No matter how many times i did it. Ending up taking the back off and pulling the battery and then trying again - guess what? Worked straight away first time!!!
I can only presume that when its in this stale boot state it isnt shutting down properly, even if the light is off etc. Although i did come across a post after sorting it that said sometimes it can take a 60 second press of the power button to properly shut it down when its in stale boot.

So now i'm back to standard modded stock rom 2.2 and its horrendous!!!!
Just finished downloading the beta ics rom exe - so gonna whack that on and have a play! Hope its as good as they say it is. If it isnt, then i'll put honeycomb back on.

yani2000
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
I think that instead of pulling tha battery out you could also press and hold the power button for 9 seconds, right?

Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 Android OS v4.0.4 (AOSP):
ROM: Slim ICS v4.2
KERNEL: Semaphore ICS v1.3.0s
MODEM: I9000XXJW4

Point Of View Mobii 10.1" Tegra (3G) (Advent Vega clone) Android OS v4.1.2 (AOSP):
ROM: VegaBean Beta 6