5,593,650 Members 39,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] upgrade to wp7 / flash wp7 rom/ downgrade from wp7 to 6.5 WM OS

Tip us?

Tozzy2
Old
(Last edited by Tozzy2; 11th April 2012 at 04:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalwarfare View Post
I'v now tried to flash on 5 different computers. All i get is "Running Ram" and 0% progress, till the battery in the phone goes flat
Ok, I'm by no means an expert when it comes to ROMs and flashing etc but it sounds to me it's not flashing the binary file (the ROM file), hence why it's booting back into WinMo 6.5.

In the common downloader, after you browse for the folder containing the ROM, did you click advanced and check the following files are ticked:

partition.mbn
NPRG8650.hex
flash.bin

Sorry if this isn't any help to you, where's Miro when we need him
Otherwise, I don't understand why it wouldnt work because our phones are the same, presumably you bought it in England like I did so the hardware should be the same. Mine worked like a charm. I can flash back and forth with no problems.
Also, are you using mi7ROM_3_8107.79.zip ?

Also, check your SD card isn't locked up before the flashing process. I think a freshly formatted SD card works best. Good luck!

EDIT:

Quote:
I'v now tried to flash on 5 different computers. All i get is "Running Ram" and 0% progress, till the battery in the phone goes flat
It can't be the computer then. It must be either the phone, the SD card or the software/ ROM files.

Don't know what SD card you're using, but the toshiba SD card that came with the phone caused me no end of problems such as crashing so I had to replace it with a... sandisk I think it is.
Current Device: Nexus 7 (locked yet to be rooted)
RIP Toshiba TG01 (sold for 120Euro)

digitalwarfare
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thankyou for the reply. Yes, I did check in advanced that the 3 files were ticked, and I am using mi7ROM_3_8107.79.zip. The SD card is brand new, and is not locked down.

Phone is
model no. TG01 Type:TM5-E01

Does this information help?

Cheers,
Dave
Back to Toshiba TG01, trying to flash WP7
Samsung SGSII - Stolen!! :(
Dell Streak : rom - 2.1 Eclaire
Toshiba TG01 : Rom - Windows Mobile 6.5
HTC Touch Diamond : - Rom : Dragon WWE
HTC Tytn II (Orange) - ROM : 3.0 Sleuth WWE
HTC Hermes (Orange M3100) - Rom : WM6 Black Satin
HTC Typhoon (Orange M500 ) - Rom : All standard.. (lying in a draw somewhere)
SPV M1000 (Orange) - Rom : All standard (Cant find it...)
-------------------------------
Proud Eve-Online player

tamthieuhiep
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamthieuhiep View Post
Who can help me guide . thank

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

you can help me guide. thank

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Quote:
please help me

I have followed your steps and had to hearing 10:
how to to wp7 bootloader needed files + miRom 7 radio 0321 as .tsw (if is not rename it to tg01wp_00.tsw)

read this first or if you have problems tnx avathar

1. make sure your battery are 100% FULLcharged!

2. copy flash the wm6.5 rom with 0321 radio to SD card PRG folder. Copy tg_ssdl.exe + tg_ssdl+.exe in the same folder

3. press on tg_ssdl+.exe to start the download

4. after 20 min. you have wm 6.5.x OS with 0321 radio.

5. Install tg downloader and the 32 bit driver. By first screen check all three rom variants

6. DownLoade Modus1: turn device off, pull battery out/in, then press and hold Camera + Power button (you get white led)

7. Start tg downloader. If you get a error window, press ok

8. connect your device + pc over usb

9. select over browse the file from wp7bootloader folder

10. Start download. on the 99% stay 1-2 min. PLEASE wait the 100% and the auto reboot

but wait,: 10. Start download. on the 99% stay 1-2 min. PLEASE wait the 100% and the auto reboot . I get like this.
please see attached file
Attachment 994233

Attachment 994236
I do not know what it is error hope you help me. Thank you very much.

amanite12
Old
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
mine got stuck on 99% for 30 mins before it rebooted into wp7.
did you leave the sd card and sim in as i did and flashed fine twice in one week.
MY NOTIFICATION MOD THREAD
Exclusive mods available only on fb page at

IF IVE HELPED HIT THANKS OR THE DONATE BUTTON TO DONATE A CUP OF COFFEE
my current device

SG note 2 titanium grey 16gb
rooted, unlocked

mirolg
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2503

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalwarfare View Post
Hello, Everybody.

Thankyou Everybody for all your hard work.

I thought I would dust off my TG01 after my SGS2 was stolen.

I thought I would give WP7 a go. I have successfully installed the new bootloader, and I turn on the phone with the camera button pressed. The L.E.D. Turns white.

Next I run the Common Downloader, select the rom files for wp7, and hit start.

The L.E.D. Turns from White to pale blue. It then says : Downloading NPRG8650.hex briefly, then : Running RAM.... and sits there forever.

Using brand new install of windows XP 32bit, all drivers installed correctly.

I have seen one person in this thread with the same problem, and he was told to use XP.

Any suggestions?

-=Edit=-
Progress stays at 0%

Thankyou so much in advance,
Regards,
Dave
The L.E.D. Turns white. I ask you, why i write this guide- when you not read it? iīm tired, to explain.

if you write it and do step by step- then you find out: to flash wp7 rom with common downloader you need B L U E Led. If not, you have not the wp7 bootloader sucessful installed in above steps. The L.E.D. Turns white= you are on wm6.5 bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to mirolg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mirolg
Old
Thanks Meter 2503

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
it seems you have a trouble with sd card. in first image you can read- noting loaded from it. Formate new your card and turn in wp7 downloadmode (blue led) and flash again. BUT if you have to much times try to solve- your battery will be empty- and then wp7 canīt not boot

amanite12
Old
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Talking 7.5

nice to hear from you miro.
like you say Read the tut and if you get blue led you can flash.
we just get stuck for 20-30 mins but be patient.

ill be waiting for the release of tango as im sure you and other devs can solve it in time.

have you seen this my friend??

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Windows_...ews-12008.html

do you think we could get a port of this for our tg01s???

cheers
MY NOTIFICATION MOD THREAD
Exclusive mods available only on fb page at

IF IVE HELPED HIT THANKS OR THE DONATE BUTTON TO DONATE A CUP OF COFFEE
my current device

SG note 2 titanium grey 16gb
rooted, unlocked

tamthieuhiep
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirolg View Post
it seems you have a trouble with sd card. in first image you can read- noting loaded from it. Formate new your card and turn in wp7 downloadmode (blue led) and flash again. BUT if you have to much times try to solve- your battery will be empty- and then wp7 canīt not boot
Hi you
Now my phone downloadmode mode it does not get "toshiba download port" PC. Bootloader menu mode and no longer to save setting. then I have used many methods that have not yet. thanks

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Hi you
Now my phone downloadmode mode it does not get "toshiba download port" PC. Bootloader menu mode and no longer to save setting. then I have used many methods that have not yet. thanks
Error of something like this

Can you please be more specific?

Okay, found it! Thanks! I will try again now

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Phone screen: black and error in red saying: **DATA ABORT Exception at 0x00060824**

QPST Software Download: Could Not Change Phone to Download Mode

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Somehow EUU does not detect phone in Download Mode too...but blue LED is shining

ellimistx99
Old
(Last edited by ellimistx99; 22nd April 2012 at 11:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Hello All,

So I'm stuck on a particular step. I've gotten everything to work. I've got the windows 7 Boot Loader working as well with the BLUE LED. When I connect to to the ZTEiT Common downloader with a Windows 7 Tango ROM. It get's stuck on the "Running Ram..." section with 0% progress. It's been this way for around 40 mins. Any ideas gentlemen?

EDIT: Just FYI. I am able to get a blue led. It is on solid. I switched to the Mango Rom and now I'm just simple getting RAM Run Failed.
Galaxy Nexus - Beans, beans, they're good for your heart.

mirolg
Old
Thanks Meter 2503

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellimistx99 View Post
Hello All,

So I'm stuck on a particular step. I've gotten everything to work. I've got the windows 7 Boot Loader working as well with the BLUE LED. When I connect to to the ZTEiT Common downloader with a Windows 7 Tango ROM. It get's stuck on the "Running Ram..." section with 0% progress. It's been this way for around 40 mins. Any ideas gentlemen?

EDIT: Just FYI. I am able to get a blue led. It is on solid. I switched to the Mango Rom and now I'm just simple getting RAM Run Failed.
If is show you only "Running Ram..." is false. I think you have not all files selected.
you need in same folder three files: partition.mbn, NPRG8650.hex and the ROM file flash.bin

press browse to select the folder and advanced to check are the three files selected! normally the progress are "Downloading flash.bin" 1% on ca. 7:30 min, 2% on ca. 15:00 min and 3% done on 22:00 min ......

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.jpg
Views:	832
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1019164