Thanks Meter: 3,717

By walter79, Recognized Developer on 27th March 2012, 09:39 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd April 2012, 08:49 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodaHighland

I was under the impression from discussion in #xdandroid that the new firmware doesn't work with the driver in .27. If I recall correctly, this was the reason I updated to 3.2 in the first place (much as the reason I moved to GBX was to fix acoustic).

Wifi firmware comes in two flavours - non-apsta and apsta - the driver reloads these depending on whether it's operating in Access Point mode or not.

I think arrrghhh reported some time ago that the non-apsta firmware is not compatible between .27 and +.35, and had to do some rootfs magic to make sure the correct non-apsta firmware is matched with the right kernel. Not sure if anyone has tried the (new) *apsta firmware on .27, but chances are you are right, and (like it's non-apsta counterpart) it won't be compatible as well.

3rd April 2012, 10:12 PM |#42  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag #484047

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by detule

Wifi firmware comes in two flavours - non-apsta and apsta - the driver reloads these depending on whether it's operating in Access Point mode or not.

I think arrrghhh reported some time ago that the non-apsta firmware is not compatible between .27 and +.35, and had to do some rootfs magic to make sure the correct non-apsta firmware is matched with the right kernel. Not sure if anyone has tried the (new) *apsta firmware on .27, but chances are you are right, and (like it's non-apsta counterpart) it won't be compatible as well.

Can you post a link to the new firmware or can i take it from GBX0B?
3rd April 2012, 11:27 PM |#43  
Flag Near Metro Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 361

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter79

Can you post a link to the new firmware or can i take it from GBX0B?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=114 is where you can download the firmware

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=115 is where you can see the directions on how/where to put it.

This is not for the .27 kernels though... I don't know where the .27 firmware is located to download.
Last edited by slickdaddy96; 3rd April 2012 at 11:30 PM.
4th April 2012, 12:03 AM |#44  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag #484047

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdaddy96

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=114 is where you can download the firmware

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=115 is where you can see the directions on how/where to put it.

This is not for the .27 kernels though... I don't know where the .27 firmware is located to download.

Did not work failed to load wifi driver.
4th April 2012, 01:55 AM |#45  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,737

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Did not work failed to load wifi driver.

Surprise, surprise, it's not for .27...

8th April 2012, 07:10 PM |#46  
Flag Nagyatád
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thanks.
when u will make the new realise (rc1)? is it possible to make SD version? (I prerferred this for test version before NAND version.)
10th April 2012, 05:32 PM |#47  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag #484047

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazsyka

thanks.
when u will make the new realise (rc1)? is it possible to make SD version? (I prerferred this for test version before NAND version.)

i will try to finish the rc1 this week. i have some problems with camera.

And no sd build. you can try the xperia x1 sd build.
10th April 2012, 06:21 PM |#48  
Flag Nagyatád
Thanks Meter: 2

More
ok, thanks.
I will try the rc1 if it is ready.
unfortunatelly I cannot help you, just i can test it.
good luck!
11th April 2012, 05:19 PM |#49  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:

CM7 for Rhodium

[...]

Install CM7 rom via CWM-recovery.

[...]

thanks walter79 for this build, this really makes a good android experience on my old rhod100! i'm came to xda 3 years ago and was building my own wm roms for quite some time, but wm is definitly dead. i'm glad i don't need to get a totally new phone as there are only a very few alternatives with hardware keyboard
1) hardware keyboard - mine is german labeled - is there a way to have the german layout in android?
2) working on this rom is far more fluid than on my own wm builds but sometimes i get a green screen and the phone stuck or resets itself.. any clues?
3) how to get rid of the adw-launcher tab in settings? i prefer zeam..
keep on the good work! - geile arbeit
br, nosedive
12th April 2012, 08:19 AM |#50  
Flag near Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosedive

thanks walter79 for this build, this really makes a good android experience on my old rhod100! i'm came to xda 3 years ago and was building my own wm roms for quite some time, but wm is definitly dead. i'm glad i don't need to get a totally new phone as there are only a very few alternatives with hardware keyboard
1) hardware keyboard - mine is german labeled - is there a way to have the german layout in android?
2) working on this rom is far more fluid than on my own wm builds but sometimes i get a green screen and the phone stuck or resets itself.. any clues?
3) how to get rid of the adw-launcher tab in settings? i prefer zeam..
keep on the good work! - geile arbeit
br, nosedive

there are some files to be found in omgb treath for this =)

just search over there! (i believe from walter too)
The Following User Says Thank You to hashtowent For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2012, 04:12 PM |#51  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtowent

there are some files to be found in omgb treath for this =)

just search over there! (i believe from walter too)

yeah right.. found them and working
thanks for the hint!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread