5,605,438 Members 44,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

K1 USB host cable now available! $13 on lenovo with free shipping!

Tip us?
 
gallahad2000
Old
(Last edited by gallahad2000; 11th April 2012 at 06:17 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 541
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default K1 USB host cable now available! $13 on lenovo with free shipping!

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...menu_area=true

Also Provantage:http://www.provantage.com/YLEN92U2.htm
Macmall:http://www.macmall.com/p/Lenovo-Moni...71~pdp.haicccb
Alvio supposedly has it but can't find it, perhaps due to being out of stock
PSsuperstore:http://www.pcsuperstore.com/products...o-0B65411.html

Someone from the lenovo forums confirmed that the provantage cable works with their K1.

Looks like it's not too expensive either...

Source:http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-...593525/page/38
The Following User Says Thank You to gallahad2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tech5
Old
#2  
tech5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 223
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
also PC Connection has them in stock , although no free shipping , they have a warehouse where i live and it was still going to cost 15.00ish shipping and i could drive there in like 5 min .....but yeah spoke to Tim at lenovo and he said they had a limited quantity so if your gonna get them from there id do it quick
TECH5
Phone: Sony XZ c6606 Stock
Tablet1: TF300t keber rom
Tablet2: Lenovo K1 JB (krook)

Previous Phones - Samsung Epix (backup) Touch Pro2 (Core cell Rom) HTC HD2 (Traded for MT4G for the wife)
Previous Tablets - 2xDell Streak 7 ,HTC Flyer ,Dell Duo Convertible,Archos 10.1

If it ain't broke.....break it so you can fix it
 
andd2010
Old
#3  
andd2010's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 44
Join Date: Dec 2010
There are a lots of them on ebay . I wonder if through this cable i can get on my thinkpad tablet a second usb-host. How do you think will that work?
 
gallahad2000
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 541
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by andd2010 View Post
There are a lots of them on ebay . I wonder if through this cable i can get on my thinkpad tablet a second usb-host. How do you think will that work?
I can't find any of the cables on Ebay. There's plenty of K1 usb data cables but no usb host cables. I don't know if the K1 and Thinkpad ports are equivalent so you could end up getting something that doesn't work. You'd probably be better off just getting a powered USB hub.
 
andd2010
Old
#5  
andd2010's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 44
Join Date: Dec 2010
I've tried the micro usb with usb powered hub but no success
And the usb cables do not variate, becouse the host compatibility is or should be in the port itself . the same is with the standart usb cables which all provide host if the phone or tablet supports it.
 
gallahad2000
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 541
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by andd2010 View Post
And the usb cables do not variate, becouse the host compatibility is or should be in the port itself . the same is with the standart usb cables which all provide host if the phone or tablet supports it.
That's what I meant. The K1 has USB host wired to its dock port. The Thinkpad may or may not.
 
tech5
Old
#7  
tech5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 223
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
well ordered my USB host cable on the 11th of April and its now been 2 weeks and i have received 2 emails saying it could be up to a month before it ships so i called them and said i wanted to cancel it and they assured me that it would ship by tomorrow at noon .....this has been about as much fun as pricking around with dell on my streak 7 that got stuck read only .......anyone else have any issues with getting there K1 host cable ?
TECH5
Phone: Sony XZ c6606 Stock
Tablet1: TF300t keber rom
Tablet2: Lenovo K1 JB (krook)

Previous Phones - Samsung Epix (backup) Touch Pro2 (Core cell Rom) HTC HD2 (Traded for MT4G for the wife)
Previous Tablets - 2xDell Streak 7 ,HTC Flyer ,Dell Duo Convertible,Archos 10.1

If it ain't broke.....break it so you can fix it
 
gallahad2000
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 541
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech5 View Post
well ordered my USB host cable on the 11th of April and its now been 2 weeks and i have received 2 emails saying it could be up to a month before it ships so i called them and said i wanted to cancel it and they assured me that it would ship by tomorrow at noon .....this has been about as much fun as pricking around with dell on my streak 7 that got stuck read only .......anyone else have any issues with getting there K1 host cable ?
Mine's supposed to ship on the 9th of May. They told me it would ship the day after I ordered it.
 
tech5
Old
(Last edited by tech5; 24th April 2012 at 08:08 PM.)
#9  
tech5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 223
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
i even asked them if there were any issues like if the part was on back order and they said no it was in stock and was already in the shipping process .....i mean come on i buy crap off the internet nearly once a week (yeah i know a bit drastic)
but i like building electronic crap and modding stuff and ive never had to wait this long for any of it ....without a legit excuse " were sorry sir that item was on back order " i like my K1 and it does mostly what i need but its the hub for my outdoor theater and i need the stupid adapter to access the 500gig HDD to play movies on the screen ......if they cant deliver ill just buy a different tab with easier to get parts *end Rant*

update they just switched my ship date to tomorrow and delivery date to 5-2-12 *roll eyes* we'll see
TECH5
Phone: Sony XZ c6606 Stock
Tablet1: TF300t keber rom
Tablet2: Lenovo K1 JB (krook)

Previous Phones - Samsung Epix (backup) Touch Pro2 (Core cell Rom) HTC HD2 (Traded for MT4G for the wife)
Previous Tablets - 2xDell Streak 7 ,HTC Flyer ,Dell Duo Convertible,Archos 10.1

If it ain't broke.....break it so you can fix it
 
gallahad2000
Old
(Last edited by gallahad2000; 24th April 2012 at 09:45 PM.)
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 541
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech5 View Post
i even asked them if there were any issues like if the part was on back order and they said no it was in stock and was already in the shipping process .....i mean come on i buy crap off the internet nearly once a week (yeah i know a bit drastic)
but i like building electronic crap and modding stuff and ive never had to wait this long for any of it ....without a legit excuse " were sorry sir that item was on back order " i like my K1 and it does mostly what i need but its the hub for my outdoor theater and i need the stupid adapter to access the 500gig HDD to play movies on the screen ......if they cant deliver ill just buy a different tab with easier to get parts *end Rant*

update they just switched my ship date to tomorrow and delivery date to 5-2-12 *roll eyes* we'll see
Thanks for the update, I'm chatting with them now to see if I can speed up my order.

Got bounced back and forth between credit and sales. The CSR told me that my order was on hold for payment verification for some undisclosed amount of time. Credit told me that there was nothing wrong with it. CSR#2 blamed credit. I still have an estimated shipping date of 5/9 but the CSR#2 reassured me "It could ship much sooner than that now that it's not on hold".

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android App Review: Auto Config Free – XDA Developer TV

In this weeks episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, we talked about customization of … more

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more