[APP]Overclocking without Terminal

Search This thread

ChiefOBrian

Sep 23, 2009
Hey there,

i wrote a little app which helps you to set the maximum frequencies of our O3D's.
It just does an "echo *selected speed* > /proc/opperator". So you no longer need a Terminal Emulator to set the max frequencie.

I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, so overclock only if you know what you do.

For this app to work your Phone must be rooted and you must have a kernel with Overclock module support (thanks to bedwa and tekahuna), e.g. Titan Kernel by samo http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1547319

Sorry for my english ;)

P.S.: If somebody found a bug, please report and i'll try to fix it

Have Phun!

Well i heard forums tryin' to destroy my files, so I uploaded it to my dropbox.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13063581/SetOveclockO3D.apk

Attachments

• SetOveclockO3D.apk
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,197
Last edited:

tropbel

Sep 10, 2011
Ferrara
very useful app! well done! thank you very much from all community :)
one question, after set frequency, what must i have to do? tap back, exit the app, tap home button? :eek:
thanks

androidfanboi

Sep 14, 2010
Dont mean to take the glory away from the work the dev has put in but you can just download Rom Toolbox from the market and use the scripter function which allows you to write your script echo 1300000000 > /proc/opperator for instance and have it run every boot .

ishma

Jan 18, 2012
Bandung
one question, after set frequency, what must i have to do? tap back, exit the app, tap home button? :eek:
thanks

I have some issue with the app, its like freeze after I set the frequency.
so home button is the only way. :D

Dont mean to take the glory away from the work the dev has put in but you can just download Rom Toolbox from the market and use the scripter function which allows you to write your script echo 1300000000 > /proc/opperator for instance and have it run every boot .

I think this app is more simple and easy.
so even though I have the rom toolbox, I prefer to use this. :D

Reactions: shtchalle
D

Deleted member 380325

App don´t work correctly for me.
It´s starts but nothing more happens.

Gunnme

Jun 9, 2009
Madrid
It's useful for setting OC in real time, thanks for that.
But I think it's better make an app with a slider for setting max speed, test device, and if all it's ok, make changes on init.d script. (test it first... better than have device freeze whenever it starts up xD)

skilovan

May 8, 2012
One question guys. I have stock 20 c Rom and samno 1.2 kernel .Do i need to overclock to 1200 using this metod or i can just instal SetCPU from Google Play? And do i need to overclock at all to have 1200(because when i do benchmark its telling me that i have 1200)?Thx.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there,

i wrote a little app which helps you to set the maximum frequencies of our O3D's.
    It just does an "echo *selected speed* > /proc/opperator". So you no longer need a Terminal Emulator to set the max frequencie.

I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, so overclock only if you know what you do.

For this app to work your Phone must be rooted and you must have a kernel with Overclock module support (thanks to bedwa and tekahuna), e.g. Titan Kernel by samo http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1547319

Sorry for my english ;)

P.S.: If somebody found a bug, please report and i'll try to fix it

Have Phun!

Well i heard forums tryin' to destroy my files, so I uploaded it to my dropbox.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13063581/SetOveclockO3D.apk
    Dropbox link should work atleast it does on my phone

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA
    thanks

I have some issue with the app, its like freeze after I set the frequency.
    so home button is the only way. :D

I think this app is more simple and easy.
    so even though I have the rom toolbox, I prefer to use this. :D