Ask a question

No registration required

regarding resolution change

OP Jinster

11th April 2012, 09:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
I have a question about resolution changes in x9500.

I have installed WinXP SP3 on my x9500. There are a lot of resolution options available. I choose any of them, but the actual resolution of the screen doesn't change. It's still just showing a 800 * 480 window, of a, say, 1024 * 720 desktop. So it just pans around the desktop in a 800*480, if people know what I mean.

Is this normal? How can I get out of this? I'd rather have a "shrunken" desktop with higher interpolated resolution than a large "virtual" desktop that I pan around in.
12th April 2012, 12:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 59

444 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinster

I have a question about resolution changes in x9500.

I have installed WinXP SP3 on my x9500. There are a lot of resolution options available. I choose any of them, but the actual resolution of the screen doesn't change. It's still just showing a 800 * 480 window, of a, say, 1024 * 720 desktop. So it just pans around the desktop in a 800*480, if people know what I mean.

Is this normal? How can I get out of this? I'd rather have a "shrunken" desktop with higher interpolated resolution than a large "virtual" desktop that I pan around in.

I have asked about this as well, Nobody answered me on this. I hope you'll get an answer, would save my ass too. I am using windows 7 now, which is snappy but you won't get the same performance as in Windows XP, And with this I mean mostly the memory. In windows XP its around 100 to 200 max when using nothing but the os, On windows 7 this lays around 470 - 550 means that this already takes half of the memory.
19th April 2012, 12:32 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 59

444 posts
So nobody has a fix for this?
19th April 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sunny South Texas
Thanks Meter: 168

301 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armazia

I have asked about this as well, Nobody answered me on this. I hope you'll get an answer, would save my ass too. I am using windows 7 now, which is snappy but you won't get the same performance as in Windows XP, And with this I mean mostly the memory. In windows XP its around 100 to 200 max when using nothing but the os, On windows 7 this lays around 470 - 550 means that this already takes half of the memory.

That's normal with windows 7 and vista, doesn't affect performance. The way windows 7 manages RAM memory is quite different from windows XP, and most of the times you get a better performance on the same hardware using windows 7 over windows XP. So I will not be worried too much about windows 7 memory use. It pre-loads most applications you normally use. I already run several scenarios and all the time windows 7 wins over windows XP on the same hardware (and I talking about low processors like the Atom and similar). Remember RAM memory not used is wasted in windows 7.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread