Wi-Fi tethering - Amaze

OP Alexia Whitehurst

12th April 2012, 01:07 AM   |  #101  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 22

326 posts
More
The bluetooth is fine with the bluetooth feature of the onstar i drive.
19th April 2012, 05:27 AM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 2

43 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by danski0224

I tried this, and I am getting a "limited or no connectivity" message on my laptop. The signal, according to the laptop, is "excellent".

Same results using this method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=70

Loophole closed?

Just for S&G's, I fired up my HTC HD2 running CM7 on the SD card, enabled the hotspot, and I have internet connectivity on the laptop. The SSID is "AndroidAP".

Anyone else confirm that the loophole is closed? That's unfortunate...so then the HTC One S won't be able to go through the same loophole? Sometimes I got the same "limited or no connectivity" message on my laptop with my Defy. But then it was because someone was calling me at the same time I was tethering. Then it went back to normal.

Have you tried it again lately?

Thanks.
glacierguy
19th April 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #103  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
It depends on the ROM... Stock ROM doesn't appear to have free tethering (rooted or non) but most other ROMs allow free tethering as long as you change song

Sent from my HTC Ruby running Android Revolution HD
19th April 2012, 07:34 PM   |  #104  
Thanks Meter: 27

250 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy

It depends on the ROM... Stock ROM doesn't appear to have free tethering (rooted or non) but most other ROMs allow free tethering as long as you change song

Sent from my HTC Ruby running Android Revolution HD

I get WiFi tethering easily by changing the access point name. This was discussed a long time ago. I have not done any kind of modifications

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
glacierguy
19th April 2012, 07:39 PM   |  #105  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasstar

I get WiFi tethering easily by changing the access point name. This was discussed a long time ago. I have not done any kind of modifications

I did that with stock rooted Rom and it didn't work for me actually... I also know it was discussed a long time ago. I've also done that on other roms and phones successfully. It wasn't working. It's not my first day at the forum

Sent from my HTC Amaze running Sense 3.5
20th April 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 27

250 posts
It works for me

The Following User Says Thank You to rasstar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
glacierguy
20th April 2012, 12:27 AM   |  #107  

n/a posts
Never mind. Idk what I did wrong, but I deleted my newly created GlacierWifi apn and made a new RubyWifi one and now it works... Both said epc.tmobile.com but whatever... It friggin works and I guess that's all that matters

Smh fml and thank you
Last edited by glacierguy; 20th April 2012 at 12:39 AM.
25th April 2012, 09:33 AM   |  #108  
Thanks Meter: 6

70 posts
tether
Just curious has anyone tried rooting their amaze, then installed the wired tether apk from the tytung hd2 builds? he has it as a separate download on his hd2 rom pages. thoughts?
26th April 2012, 04:53 AM   |  #109  
Thanks Meter: 6

70 posts
I found a solution for tethering
https://plus.google.com/103583939320...ts/1Yy1jb9z4TA

works with or without root. I have a nonrooted amaze running ics w sense.
26th April 2012, 05:10 AM   |  #110  
Portland OR
Thanks Meter: 136

932 posts
More
Confirmed working just fine using the same method I used before ICS. Just delete everything out if the "apn type" field of the T-Mobile data apn. When you hit back to save there's no bullet next to it anymore which makes it look like its no longer active bit it is, and tethering works just fine =) took me all of two minutes to figure it out today. Also tested it on an unrooted Amaze running the update and it works just fine as well =)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread