OP Thunder350

21st February 2012, 11:03 PM   |  #21  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 495

2,074 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EK2

What is the difference between the classes like class 4 or class 10. writing and reading speed?

Class 4 is supposed to write at a minimum of 4MB/s. Class 10 is 10MB/s. Read speeds should also increase with the higher class but can vary greatly as Darunion mentioned.
20th March 2012, 10:11 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 20

186 posts
using a 16gb class 4 from sandisk seems fine
12th April 2012, 03:40 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I noticed on amazon, the the higher up you go the higher the price, for example its cheaper to get two 16gb micro sd cards then to get one 32 gb. It's not much of a saving but I find that a little ironic because usually when you buy more at once its cheaper. But, I suppose its better technology or whatever to cram 32gb in there then it is to get 16 or less. I too use the 8gb c4 that came with th phone and am soon getting either 2 16gb or maybe 3 8gb, I don't mind the switching out of sd cards. And, although I do use the data on my sd card a lot, with flashing roms and backing up etc. I am still pleases with the speeds of a class 4.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA
12th April 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #24  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 881

1,142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperfear11

I noticed on amazon, the the higher up you go the higher the price, for example its cheaper to get two 16gb micro sd cards then to get one 32 gb. It's not much of a saving but I find that a little ironic because usually when you buy more at once its cheaper. But, I suppose its better technology or whatever to cram 32gb in there then it is to get 16 or less. I too use the 8gb c4 that came with th phone and am soon getting either 2 16gb or maybe 3 8gb, I don't mind the switching out of sd cards. And, although I do use the data on my sd card a lot, with flashing roms and backing up etc. I am still pleases with the speeds of a class 4.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA

cool story bro
29th April 2012, 08:28 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
I'm using a 32 GB PNY Class 10 card. Honestly it's nice having the space, but I haven't seen a noticeable improvement in speed and using SD Tools it only gets up to 8 MB/s...
30th April 2012, 02:48 AM   |  #26  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 495

2,074 posts
More
Switched to the 64Gb Sandisk Mobile Ultra Micro XC SD card a couple of weeks back and it has been running perfectly. Haven't checked any speed tests.
30th April 2012, 02:41 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 9

31 posts
This

SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 6 Memory Card with SD Adapter - Retail Packaging with Komputerbay SDXC USB Reader

works fine in my Inspire 4G (red). It didn't require special formatting and showed up as having 59.3 GB available IIRC.

BTW, for those with multiple/other devices, it also works on Motorola Xoom and Acer A100 tablets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoattamer

Switched to the 64Gb Sandisk Mobile Ultra Micro XC SD card a couple of weeks back and it has been running perfectly. Haven't checked any speed tests.

1st May 2012, 01:25 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 15

98 posts
More
I run a 32GB class 4 PNY. Avoid the 32GB class 10 PNY in the inspire. I tried one of those and it was about 1/4 the speed of the class 4 in the same phone. Don't ask me why, but it was. I had an 8GB class 4 Sandisk that came with the phone, and when I upgraded to the class 10 32GB, everything slowed to a crawl when running off of the card. If you're just storing music and photos on the SD card you might be OK with the class 10, but running boot manager and extra ROMs off the SD you will see the performance difference. Stick with the class 4 if you plan on running multiple ROMS or apps off of the SD card.
2nd May 2012, 03:45 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graewulf1

I run a 32GB class 4 PNY. Avoid the 32GB class 10 PNY in the inspire. I tried one of those and it was about 1/4 the speed of the class 4 in the same phone. Don't ask me why, but it was. I had an 8GB class 4 Sandisk that came with the phone, and when I upgraded to the class 10 32GB, everything slowed to a crawl when running off of the card. If you're just storing music and photos on the SD card you might be OK with the class 10, but running boot manager and extra ROMs off the SD you will see the performance difference. Stick with the class 4 if you plan on running multiple ROMS or apps off of the SD card.

I have the Class 10. I definitely haven't seen performance like that, however I do not get Class 10 speeds, more like Class 8.
2nd May 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 15

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbeerbower

I have the Class 10. I definitely haven't seen performance like that, however I do not get Class 10 speeds, more like Class 8.

Are you running the ROM off of the SD card? All I know is it was painfully slow on the class 10 card. As soon as I went to the class 4 card, the slowness issue disappeared.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread