Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 39,642 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SPLASH] myTouch 4G Splash Screens

Tip us?
 
bigz1981
Old
(Last edited by bigz1981; 15th March 2012 at 10:42 PM.) Reason: Weird double post... *shrug*
#591  
bigz1981's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 86
Join Date: Mar 2012
I love the splash screens! Using HTC glacier Cyan img from first post. Also have Rooted HTC Glacier in Blue from 2nd post. Will post up some of my own designs sometime next week if I have enough time to play on Photoshop. =)
 
bigz1981
Old
#592  
bigz1981's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 86
Join Date: Mar 2012
Need jpg or other image file formats from the other screens, so I can get parts from them & utilize them. I tried img to jpg converters to no avail...help!
HTC Glacier MyTouch4G on CoreDroid/S=OFF/0.85.2007
HTC Glacier MyTouch4G on Venom Rom/S=OFF/0.85.2007
V6 Supercharged

If I helped you, please take a moment to hit the thanks button!
 
SprigganMaster
Old
#593  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 220
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz1981 View Post
Need jpg or other image file formats from the other screens, so I can get parts from them & utilize them. I tried img to jpg converters to no avail...help!
Hello,

What do you mean Need jpg ?
Which images are you searching exactly ?

Regards
 
VolcanicSkunk
Old
#594  
VolcanicSkunk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 966
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz1981 View Post
Need jpg or other image file formats from the other screens, so I can get parts from them & utilize them. I tried img to jpg converters to no avail...help!
Use this guide to convert any of the .img formats into a .png. Then use Photoshop/Gimp or another image editor to convert to .jpeg.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...o_threadsearch
The Following User Says Thank You to VolcanicSkunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bigz1981
Old
(Last edited by bigz1981; 11th April 2012 at 04:21 AM.) Reason: typo
#595  
bigz1981's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 86
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcanicSkunk View Post
Use this guide to convert any of the .img formats into a .png. Then use Photoshop/Gimp or another image editor to convert to .jpeg.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...o_threadsearch
I was coming back to edit my last post & found this. Thanks for the info. I found another thread with a converter, so I was able to get the png and use it. I use photoshop, so format wasn't so much of an issue, as long as it was converted from the img file. But I am now able to convert back & forth, so I'm having some fun. Here's my own personal boot screen:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MT4GBoot-Z.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	995887  
HTC Glacier MyTouch4G on CoreDroid/S=OFF/0.85.2007
HTC Glacier MyTouch4G on Venom Rom/S=OFF/0.85.2007
V6 Supercharged

If I helped you, please take a moment to hit the thanks button!
 
bigz1981
Old
#596  
bigz1981's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 86
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprigganMaster View Post
Hello,

What do you mean Need jpg ?
Which images are you searching exactly ?

Regards
As you can see from the boot screen I posted, I was trying to get the Cyan MyTouch4G with the Android next to it from the OP. I just adjusted the color balance to make it more blue & fit in with my design.
HTC Glacier MyTouch4G on CoreDroid/S=OFF/0.85.2007
HTC Glacier MyTouch4G on Venom Rom/S=OFF/0.85.2007
V6 Supercharged

If I helped you, please take a moment to hit the thanks button!
 
VolcanicSkunk
Old
#597  
VolcanicSkunk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 966
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz1981 View Post
As you can see from the boot screen I posted, I was trying to get the Cyan MyTouch4G with the Android next to it from the OP. I just adjusted the color balance to make it more blue & fit in with my design.
Since you're using Photoshop here is a zipped psd of the Cyan splash screen from the op so you can edit the image precisely to your liking.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CyanCyanogenSplash.zip - [Click for QR Code] (399.9 KB, 8 views)
 
bmg1001
Old
(Last edited by bmg1001; 22nd April 2012 at 04:41 AM.)
#598  
bmg1001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 260
Posts: 1,016
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Reseda, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Here's a little boot splash I made, it's my first splash screen so if you have any pointers please tell me! It's a ICS styled splash screen that says "htc glacier"
Tell me what you think! (Especially that I did it with MSPaint for XP)
Attached Files
File Type: img custom.img - [Click for QR Code] (750.0 KB, 23 views)


Nexus 5
ParanoidAndroid
Uber Kernel
Xposed Settings
EXT4, PON-3 AUDIO MOD,Crossbreeder, L-Themed

*signature last updated 9:24 p.m. pst september 2nd, 2014
The Following User Says Thank You to bmg1001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
simplyrafa8
Old
#599  
simplyrafa8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 588
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Yuma, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmg1001 View Post
Here's a little boot splash I made, it's my first splash screen so if you have any pointers please tell me! It's a ICS styled splash screen that says "htc glacier"
Tell me what you think! (Especially that I did it with MSPaint for XP)
Noob question time... so will this whole flash your own splash screen work on ICS roms?
 
VolcanicSkunk
Old
#600  
VolcanicSkunk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 966
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio
Flashing splash screens will work with any rom. Just follow the directions in the OP.

The Following User Says Thank You to VolcanicSkunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
fastboot, mod, mt4g, splash screen, splash1
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes