XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Extended battery

Tip us?

Att.Fan1982
Old
Thanks Meter 162

DONATE TO ME
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3500mAh-Exte...-/270941443272
Just ordered this battery and will let you all know how it stacks up to the stock battery when I receive it.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

gniblack
Old
(Last edited by gniblack; 1st April 2012 at 04:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I ordered the 3500 mAh battery recently. I cannot wait until I receive it. My biggest gripe about this phone has been its battery life, but now that won't be an issue. Thanks for the excellent post.

Now I made this order fairly late and overlooked the fact that the battery is thicker than stock. Does the new battery come with a new back plate, or will I have to order that separately? Also are there some good protective cases for this phone available when using the thicker battery? I know my current one will no longer suffice.

Markyzz
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by gniblack View Post
I ordered the 3500 mAh battery recently. I cannot wait until I receive it. My biggest gripe about this phone has been its battery life, but now that won't be an issue. Thanks for the excellent post.

Now I made this order fairly late and overlooked the fact that the battery is thicker than stock. Does the new battery come with a new back plate, or will I have to order that separately? Also are there some good protective cases for this phone available when using the thicker battery? I know my current one will no longer suffice.
Most of them come with the backplate.
I haven't found any aftermarket cases that fit with the extended battery. If you do let us know!

Sent from my CM7 Thrill

eg94
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have the 3500 mah good long lasting battery but it adds too much bulk, it's a brick
I went back to stock battery

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

gniblack
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It certainly does turn it into a brick, but for me the additional battery life makes it all worth it. I emailed Hyperion asking if there is a case for it. I am awaiting a response.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

WattB006
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I have thought about getting an extended battery but like other people have said I dont think I would how bulky it makes it. If someone does make a case for it I will definitely try it. I get decent battery life right now. I am a heavy user of my phone and it will last me all day and night with no issues.

Att.Fan1982
Old
Thanks Meter 162

DONATE TO ME
I have received my 3500mAh battery with a case to fit around the battery and I must say that it's NOT as bulky as people make it seem to be.

gniblack
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Att.Fan1982 View Post
I have received my 3500mAh battery with a case to fit around the battery and I must say that it's NOT as bulky as people make it seem to be.

Do you mean the backplate to the phone or a protective case for the phone? If you found a protective case for the phone when using this battery please send me a link. I really need one since I have had my drops over the years with my phones, and I don't want to crack the screen. There's too much work involved in replacing them.