connecting to ad-hoc

OP rirozizo

22nd November 2011, 09:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag wonderland... soon
Thanks Meter: 1,192

2,292 posts
More
i've searched and searched and searched and didn't find anything...

i need a real solution for having the htc vision connecting to ad-hoc networks..... i have tried the solution of dell streak 5 (not that i have it) they actually replaced the wpa_supplicant file in the system directory to make it work... tried it and the wifi didn't even turn on on the desire z...

so is there any solution? i don't care if its complicated...

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
sent from a phone... 'nuf said
btw... justin bieber sucks
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
23rd November 2011, 09:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riro Zizo

i've searched and searched and searched and didn't find anything...

i need a real solution for having the htc vision connecting to ad-hoc networks..... i have tried the solution of dell streak 5 (not that i have it) they actually replaced the wpa_supplicant file in the system directory to make it work... tried it and the wifi didn't even turn on on the desire z...

so is there any solution? i don't care if its complicated...

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Hi Riro Zizo,

I'm using Virtuous Sense 2.0 and I've replaced my wpa_supplicant file with the wpa_supplicant file of Cyanogenmod 7, which includes ad-hoc by default. This works without any problem. Maybe the wpa_supplicant binary of the dell streak is incompatible with your rom.

I've just uploaded my wpa_supplicant, you can find it here: multiupload.com/AL8XOFAWUU

Maybe this one works for you

good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo.chris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th November 2011, 01:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag wonderland... soon
Thanks Meter: 1,192

2,292 posts
More
thanks... but it didn't work... i replaced the old wpa_supplicant from /system/bin/ with your file... rebooted, and the wifi didn't even turn on

so i deleted the ".bin" from the file... and the wifi turned on... but didn't search for APs... so i undo all the steps, and went back to stock wpa_supplicant with no ad-hoc...

bump

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
12th April 2012, 06:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

66 posts
solution?
I had a similar issue, make sure you set the permissions correctly I believe its 755 and also chown the file to system.wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riro Zizo

thanks... but it didn't work... i replaced the old wpa_supplicant from /system/bin/ with your file... rebooted, and the wifi didn't even turn on

so i deleted the ".bin" from the file... and the wifi turned on... but didn't search for APs... so i undo all the steps, and went back to stock wpa_supplicant with no ad-hoc...

bump

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread