Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

NFC Enabled OEM battery from samsung

OP alok1663

12th April 2012, 05:48 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 24

183 posts
More
I ordered the battery from the link above an received it yesterday (Delivery time 3-4 days). I have charged it to 100 % and although its too early for a definite judgement, i can safely say that its far better than my last battery which was 15 months old.

Regarding NFC - I noticed that the battery is the regular EB504465VU as opposed to the "EB504465VUCINU" displayed on the site. @akshayw - could you please check yours and report the actual model no.?
12th April 2012, 06:22 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
The battery says EB504465VUC while the packing it came with says EB504465VUCINU so dont know what is right ? I am hardly interested in the nfc thing so it does not bother me.
19th April 2012, 09:24 AM   |  #13  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 21

168 posts
More
Thats wrong.
I don't know if it was a mistake on The Mobile Store side, but it is not label as "NFC" anywhere
My battery which I use says model no EB504465VU.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Even if the battery supports NFC, our device, I5801,I5800 is in no hardware specs compatible with the technology, and how will thee phone and battery communicate?
19th April 2012, 01:12 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag ambala city
Thanks Meter: 10

134 posts
More
I recieved this battery few dayz back nd battery backup is perfect i recommend it 4 everyone ordered it from shopping wopping. Com

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA
19th April 2012, 05:35 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,233

3,786 posts
More
I think this is only for phones that already have NFC. It probably just increased the strength of the connection between the phones.
2nd May 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ambala
Thanks Meter: 319

542 posts
More
Apparently, NFC chip can be embedded on battery and even UIM and SIM. So no wonder battery can have an NFC chip embedded... But yet, the ability of our device to utilize that chip iz highly dubious
23rd May 2012, 10:07 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
It's important to recognise the difference between an NFC 'chip', NFC 'powered chips' and 'NFC readers'.

An NFC Chip is just a tiny chip with a Hex code stored in it. The chip is connected to a long, winding, looping aerial that, when it is hit by a certain frequency, bounces back in such a way as to broadcast the Hex code. NFC chips cost pennies to make (I have used them previously to implement a car parking tracking system for a car rental company).

Powered chips have a power source that can make the chip broadcast on its own. It can identify itself to a reader, rather than waiting for the reader to look for it. Apart from this, it just does the same as a normal Chip.

An NFC reader can send these radio waves out, and receive the Hexcode message that is bounced back. This is the type of device that actually 'does' something with the code, and needs drivers, hardware interfaces and so on.

So: NFC Enabled, what does it mean? Well, it could just be a gimmick that lets you read how much power is left in a battery by 'reading' from its bounce. It could also mean it can somehow communicate with the phone, acting as an NFC reader, adding functionality to the phone itself. Frankly, I find this a bit unlikely.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GavinZac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag ambala city
Thanks Meter: 10

134 posts
More
I think the nfc drivers needs to be implemented in our g3 kernels

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA
3rd June 2012, 05:07 AM   |  #19  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 9

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
I badly need a battery. Which site should I order from? Shopping world or The Mobile Store? The first or second link?

Sent from my A500 using XDA
5th June 2012, 04:17 PM   |  #20  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 47

228 posts
More
I have ordered the battery too from shoppingwopping.com. Lets see how long it takes for it to get delivered and how much difference I get when compared to my old battery .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread