Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 42,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Custome Boot Animation {Nexus prime included} [install any boot animation]

Tip us?

KrnlPanic
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrnlPanic View Post
I had lite dmsg as my boot animation (app that displays the dmsg while the phone is booting up). I removed it and added your custom boot animation... Now all I get is a blank screen during boot.. I have set the permissions as suggested and still nothing...
Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium
I was able to rectify the problem, thought I would post it in case anyone else is noob-like like myself...
Live dmsg light has it's own disable function... Just reinstall, disable, then uninstall

Madblaster6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
I was able to rectify the problem, thought I would post it in case anyone else is noob-like like myself...
Live dmsg light has it's own disable function... Just reinstall, disable, then uninstall

Thank you for doing that.
Razer ==> iPhone 2g (unlocked)==> iPhone 3g (unlocked) ===> T-mobile hd2 (android) ==> iPhone 4 (unlocked) ==> MyTouch 4g ==> Lg g2x ==> Mytouch 4g slide ==> Samsung galaxy S II ==> Samsung Galaxy S III ==> Samsung Galaxy Note II (returned) ==> Samsung Galaxy S4 ==> iPhone 5S + Moto X.

KrnlPanic
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAutobot View Post
Or the "MyTouch4G Slide" Splash screen at the boot's start up? It's gotta be somewhere, I'm thinking maybe even the same subdirectory, but I"m a bit hesitant to tinker around at the moment lol
You can change it, there is a full write up in the themes and apps section.
Get your image (specific dimensions etc..) use terminal editor and do:
su
dd if=/mnt/sdcard/splash.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14
(Of course point the in file [if=] at the location/name of your new splash image)

I used this guide:
Http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.PHP?t=956434

Madblaster6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
You can change it, there is a full write up in the themes and apps section.
Get your image (specific dimensions etc..) use terminal editor and do:
su
dd if=/mnt/sdcard/splash.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14
(Of course point the in file [if=] at the location/name of your new splash image)

I used this guide:
Http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.PHP?t=956434

Broken link
Razer ==> iPhone 2g (unlocked)==> iPhone 3g (unlocked) ===> T-mobile hd2 (android) ==> iPhone 4 (unlocked) ==> MyTouch 4g ==> Lg g2x ==> Mytouch 4g slide ==> Samsung galaxy S II ==> Samsung Galaxy S III ==> Samsung Galaxy Note II (returned) ==> Samsung Galaxy S4 ==> iPhone 5S + Moto X.

KrnlPanic
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thank you for catching that. Not sure what was on my clipboard at the time. Here is the correct link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1332300

Madblaster6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Wow, thanks for sharing.

wrecless
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Figured I'd post this here. No reason to start a new thread. You can add it to the op if you wish. Skip to 30 seconds in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkV1LbNWgeI
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.78 MB, 15 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to wrecless For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Madblaster6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
I like that one.

yellowjacket1981
Old
(Last edited by yellowjacket1981; 12th April 2012 at 11:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 60
I have had this boot animation on every Android phone I have ever had, I love it. Every time I change it to something else, I always come back to this one. The video is not mine, but it is the same animation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQHaHnQJmCs

Here is where you can download it from, or if you happen to have the app Absolute System, it is one of the boot animations you can choose from. It is called The Call of Android. If you are using Absolute System to change you animation for you, be sure to change the install location to the proper location for our phones (I can't think of it off the top of my head) Then when you change it, it will say that it failed to install it, but it did, just reboot and enjoy.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=904350