Encountered Market, GPS, WiFi problems with CM7 for HTC Click / HTC Tattoo
Hello there guys... These are my problems and some solutions for HTC Click / HTC Tattoo and CM7 (update-cm-18.104.22.168-click-signed.zip in time of writing - go to CyanogenMod HTC Click official thread) which I have found out, others, well I need help too.
- First I've tried with various m7 exploits and getting commands through adb, but since I am not a power user I could not really foresee what can happen and what can not. It took me a several hours of nervousness with potential break-down of both me and my phone (by me of course), to realize that root ain't going to happen that way (at least permanent root will not).
- Then an "epiphany" in form of Universal Androot 1.6.1 came in, and it worked from first HTC Click (little SEO here), all other methods seem to be sh.ty comparing to this little apk. It took me a several hours of thinking about hurting my self for not googling or search at XDA Forums prior.
- Well, learned by experience, recovery came easy. I've used 1Click method (which can also root your device, but I have already did it with Universal Androot, so it is your choice)
- Well now there is a light in HTC Tatto / HTC Click (again SEO). I have installed Froyo AOSP 0.63 ROM, just to try everything. I had some problems with WiFi and there was no market installed. I tried to install market with gapps and everything came with market. But then again my wifi was not working so I said to my self: OK, let's go to CM7 they know what they are doing.
- Then I have turned ON GPS WiFi and bluetooth (just to be sure that everything will work with GingerBread ROM) and flashed CM7 from SD Card.
First of all, I DON'T HAVE A FREAKIN' MARKET installed at all.
I have encountered WiFi problems (it could not find my home network which it has found on stock rom)
No GPS Icon in status bar when GPS ON, and I don't know if it is working properly.
No gapps and NO MARKET.
AND after I've tried to install gapps from some sources (which should work with CM7) my phone got a hang and was constantly looping CM7 logo. It would go on until I can see lock/unlock screen than it would hang and return to boot logo and then again to lock/unlock screen and it would loop until the end of world. I tried everything to flash again (first without wipe, then with wipe), get the battery out, reboot and so on, but problem persisted.
2. WiFi solution
- I have found somewhere that if you go to -> Wifi Settings and press menu button while in settings there is a tab -> Advanced and when you go to -> Regulatory domain just change it to use all 14 channels instead of 11 as it is set by default. And voila my wifi is working. But there is no FREAKIN' MARKET. So I don't know for what should I use my wifi (of course I surf and check mail, but I don't want to do that on HTC Click's browser, I do it on my notebook).
5. Looping solution
Then I've cleared all the /data, /boot, /system, /cache partitions from recovery 22.214.171.124 from "mounts and storage" section and wiped it again. Flashed CM7 126.96.36.199 for HTC Click (last one in the time of writing) and it was helpful. I could start to HTC Tattoo my self.
(other solutions are yet to be found, I will edit this post if I find something)
**I take no credit for solutions, I've found them here in XDA Forums.
I faced the problem that my tattoo didn't find my WiFi and try everything but can't solve. Till I saw your thread and I follow your "2. WiFi solution", it's work great Thanks for your sharing @ djudjix.
"In order to make sure GPS is working when upgrading to this rom from a Froyo rom, leave GPS on in the old rom before flashing. If it's disabled, you might not be able to turn it on again without reflashing Froyo again."
quoted from following post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...74&postcount=1
applies to any ROM above froyo.
Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more
20 Sep 2014
By Tomek Kondrat
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?