Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Small But Eternal: HTC Explorer Receives Unofficial CM12

When HTC officially announced the HTC Explorer, they most likely weren’t … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] LCD broken - Can I get back to stock?

OP Nick N

12th April 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 167

811 posts
More
That is what I thought but last night before I went to bed I was not able to communicate with the Flyer.

I think it was because I flashed the stock HC RUU - that would have made the USB debugging option unchecked right?
12th April 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1,191

7,863 posts
Yes I believe so
12th April 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, Ohio

811 posts
More
Unhappy
So I am thinking my only option at this point is to grab a rooted stock ROM that has USB debugging checked by default, rename it to PG41IMG.zip, place on root of SD card, somehow get it to flash, then start over using the previously mentioned thread (assuming I can reestablish connection with the Flyer).

Or just say forget it, send it back to HTC and hope that they don't care. I have seen threads that say they don't.

Thanks for the help.
12th April 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #14  
Flag Bavaro, La Alta Gracia, RD
Thanks Meter: 28

188 posts
HTC doesn't care if we root. The phone carriers care, but not HTC. At least according to the HTC personnel I talked to at the last HTC promo event in Chicago.
12th April 2012, 09:23 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, Ohio

811 posts
More
That makes me feel better. The rep did mention to my Wife that they will have access to everything on the device, such as pictures, videos, apps, etc. Wife said it sounded more like a disclaimer than anything (See the post in General about what pics one guy found on his refurb ). Besides, it is the screen that is messed up, and it seems like it was bad luck as opposed to excessive wear and tear or accidental damage. So for the record it is being send back with the stock ROM and unlocked (S-Off) bootloader. Crossing my fingers that they will cover it. It is a Best Buy refurb that I got from Tech4Less in November/December 2011.
17th April 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, Ohio

811 posts
More
Shipping it back today... crossing fingers.
20th April 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, Ohio

811 posts
More
Repair center in Houston received my Flyer yesterday (they included a 2 day return shipping label)... received an email last night about 7 saying that the Flyer has been repaired and is in their warehouse awaiting shipment back to me!!!
2nd May 2012, 07:21 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
any chance this, would be a software issues and a hard reset would clear this problem?

my fren's flyer looks exactly the same with yours albeit witha more colourful stripes
thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread