Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 44,841 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LCD broken - Can I get back to stock?

Tip us?

Nick N
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
That is what I thought but last night before I went to bed I was not able to communicate with the Flyer.

I think it was because I flashed the stock HC RUU - that would have made the USB debugging option unchecked right?
Current: AT&T LG Optimus G E970 with CarbonROM 4.4.4 on T-Mobile

Tablets: Nook Color, HTC Flyer, Dell Venue 8 (Android) Android PC Stick: J22 (RK3188) 4.4.2

Retired: HTC Touch/Pro/Pro 2/G1/Samsung Moment/Evo 4G/Nexus S 4G/iPhone 4/Lumia 521 WP 8.1

mcord11758
Old
Thanks Meter 1188
Yes I believe so

Nick N
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
So I am thinking my only option at this point is to grab a rooted stock ROM that has USB debugging checked by default, rename it to PG41IMG.zip, place on root of SD card, somehow get it to flash, then start over using the previously mentioned thread (assuming I can reestablish connection with the Flyer).

Or just say forget it, send it back to HTC and hope that they don't care. I have seen threads that say they don't.

Thanks for the help.

Tablets: Nook Color, HTC Flyer, Dell Venue 8 (Android) Android PC Stick: J22 (RK3188) 4.4.2

Retired: HTC Touch/Pro/Pro 2/G1/Samsung Moment/Evo 4G/Nexus S 4G/iPhone 4/Lumia 521 WP 8.1

jsimonson0
Old
Thanks Meter 28
HTC doesn't care if we root. The phone carriers care, but not HTC. At least according to the HTC personnel I talked to at the last HTC promo event in Chicago.

Nick N
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
That makes me feel better. The rep did mention to my Wife that they will have access to everything on the device, such as pictures, videos, apps, etc. Wife said it sounded more like a disclaimer than anything (See the post in General about what pics one guy found on his refurb ). Besides, it is the screen that is messed up, and it seems like it was bad luck as opposed to excessive wear and tear or accidental damage. So for the record it is being send back with the stock ROM and unlocked (S-Off) bootloader. Crossing my fingers that they will cover it. It is a Best Buy refurb that I got from Tech4Less in November/December 2011.

Nick N
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Shipping it back today... crossing fingers.

Nick N
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Repair center in Houston received my Flyer yesterday (they included a 2 day return shipping label)... received an email last night about 7 saying that the Flyer has been repaired and is in their warehouse awaiting shipment back to me!!!

chaukeng
Old
Thanks Meter 1
any chance this, would be a software issues and a hard reset would clear this problem?

my fren's flyer looks exactly the same with yours albeit witha more colourful stripes
thanks!