Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

reverse tether

OP @moe

12th April 2012, 11:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

80 posts
can someone create a zip that i can flash to my phone so that i can use my usb cable to my phone to get internet from my laptop ...

running hellfire sandwich v1.6
Last edited by @moe; 12th April 2012 at 06:15 PM.
12th April 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 230

320 posts
Donate to Me
probably not, if your laptop has a sticker on it saying it was built for windows 7, then you can get a program that will allow your laptop to become a hotspot (like our phones can) if not then its most likely going to be some kind of 3rd party app on both your phone and your computer.

Search the Google Play Store, and Google. if nothing shows up then your probably out of luck.
12th April 2012, 05:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

80 posts
i have an app on my phone called 'reverse tether' but it doesnt wanna connect ..
12th April 2012, 05:46 PM   |  #4  

320 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by @moe

i have an app on my phone called 'reverse tether' but it doesnt wanna connect ..

the zip is corrupt, link to the download in the app store itself instead.

also, read the description carefully, most of those types of apps need a program to run on the computer too.
12th April 2012, 05:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

80 posts
try it now .. thx
12th April 2012, 05:56 PM   |  #6  

320 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

try it now .. thx

no, i cant help unless i know where you got the apk from. was it from the google market? did it come with instructions? was it a 3rd party app store? what versions of android is it made for? does it need a program to run on the computer as well?

i need a link to where you got it from.
12th April 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

80 posts
got it on the market.. its made for droid 2.2+ there isnt any app that needs to run on the pc ... u just need lg drivers installed.. i get it to show up as an network connection via usb from the phone but it just stays at "unidenified network" wont get internet access
and if you would of just installed the apk you would see that the instructions are built into the app
12th April 2012, 06:05 PM   |  #8  

320 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

got it on the market.. its made for droid 2.2+ there isnt any app that needs to run on the pc ... u just need lg drivers installed.. i get it to show up as an network connection via usb from the phone but it just stays at "unidenified network" wont get internet access
and if you would of just installed the apk you would see that the instructions are built into the app

i think This is the app your talking about.

if it is, then take down the .apk, because its a paid app and you cant post that stuff here.

second, ICS Drivers are kinda messed up with USB tethering, so try it on an GB Rom and see if it works.

and finally, im helping you because i want to, all i asked for was a link to the market app, and you just cannot even take the time to do that, so this is all the time im going to put into helping you. if what i said above does not help, then good luck.

Edit: also, im not going to install an apk from an unreliable source. turns out, there are such things as viruses and malware for android phones.
Last edited by Klathmon; 12th April 2012 at 06:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Klathmon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2012, 06:17 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

80 posts
well thanks anyways..

i think your statement with ics drivers is right ..appreciate your time
13th April 2012, 11:22 AM   |  #10  
Flag Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Meter: 297

1,040 posts
More
Get the program called Connectify for your laptop. You can rebroadcast your Internet as wifi with it. Then just connect via wifi.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread