[ROM][HC][WIFI/3G] DeSensified v2.0 | 3/21

Would you be interested in a Desensified Gingerbread ROM?

• Yes!!

Votes: 36 36.7%
  • Umm, hell no.

Votes: 62 63.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gbweller

Feb 20, 2010
Duluth, MN
Gmail FC

I'm glad that someone else noticed this. I want to use this ROM for multiple users but this will cause some problems as they will have no idea what to do even if I show them. The'll just hand it back to me and say "It's broke." So what I did was uninstall Gmail with Titainium Backup. Went over to another forum and grabbed the apk for latest version (2.3?) and reinstalled it. I did this all without a reboot and it is opening fine now. Of course now it is in the data/app folder versus the /system/app folder where , I think, it would have been. What I wonder is, will it still update? And, am I crazy or is the regular gmail app NOT in the market?

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
I'm glad that someone else noticed this. I want to use this ROM for multiple users but this will cause some problems as they will have no idea what to do even if I show them. The'll just hand it back to me and say "It's broke." So what I did was uninstall Gmail with Titainium Backup. Went over to another forum and grabbed the apk for latest version (2.3?) and reinstalled it. I did this all without a reboot and it is opening fine now. Of course now it is in the data/app folder versus the /system/app folder where , I think, it would have been. What I wonder is, will it still update? And, am I crazy or is the regular gmail app NOT in the market?
That should work. If you have any trouble with it you could try putting it in /system/app

And yeah I'm pretty sure the gmail app itself isn't in the market for some reason. Would you mind showing me where you got that apk?

gbweller

Feb 20, 2010
Duluth, MN
Okay so I will start looking into using a different gmail app since the current one is giving you guys trouble.
Sweetness. v2.1 here we come! While you are in there, is there any way to remove the home screen outlines that you can only see when transitioning from screen to screen? IMO it would make for a cleaner look. It's up to you of course. I could see a downside in that if you didn't know what screen you were on you'd have to do a test swipe to know which way to swipe.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Would you mind showing me where you got that apk?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=788992

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I'll also add one more piece of info. Even when the original gmail app did open, it would be all glitchy and the screen would flash a little, like it was going to FC but would open. Now that I have reinstalled, it opens immediately with any hiccup.

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
Sweetness. v2.1 here we come! While you are in there, is there any way to remove the home screen outlines that you can only see when transitioning from screen to screen? IMO it would make for a cleaner look. It's up to you of course. I could see a downside in that if you didn't know what screen you were on you'd have to do a test swipe to know which way to swipe.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=788992

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I'll also add one more piece of info. Even when the original gmail app did open, it would be all glitchy and the screen would flash a little, like it was going to FC but would open. Now that I have reinstalled, it opens immediately with any hiccup.

Hmm I'll look into but I'm not sure where I would start to be able to implement that.

Thanks for the link, hopefully this one will work like it's supposed to!

No Sound with HTC AC M500 HDMI Cable

Hi, Great Rom but,

I've bought an official HTC MHL AC M500 adapter with HDMI cable from expansys so I can plug my Flyer into my HDMI TV & I get a picture OK but do not get any sound on any TV that I plug it into, I know the cable works on a stock Flyer as my friend has one & he has no trouble with sound with his even when using my adapter.

Do you have any idea why this might be happening as it may be something that is being removed that is stopping this from working?? :confused::confused:

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
Hi, Great Rom but,

I've bought an official HTC MHL AC M500 adapter with HDMI cable from expansys so I can plug my Flyer into my HDMI TV & I get a picture OK but do not get any sound on any TV that I plug it into, I know the cable works on a stock Flyer as my friend has one & he has no trouble with sound with his even when using my adapter.

Do you have any idea why this might be happening as it may be something that is being removed that is stopping this from working?? :confused::confused:

Hmm it might be something I removed. I'll look around and see if there's anything missing that shouldn't be :)

beatdroppah

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Soo, I've been getting a lot of random reboots This week. Like 4 or 5 times a day. Never any noticable pattern to it either...one time I was in the Sketchbook Mobile app...another time I was simply browsing the marketplace...it'll freeze up briefly, then just reboots itself. I've uninstalled alot of apps lately, so I know memory is not the issue. I'm only using like ~350mb in general, as opposed to almost 600 before I removed some apps.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA Premium HD app

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
Soo, I've been getting a lot of random reboots This week. Like 4 or 5 times a day. Never any noticable pattern to it either...one time I was in the Sketchbook Mobile app...another time I was simply browsing the marketplace...it'll freeze up briefly, then just reboots itself. I've uninstalled alot of apps lately, so I know memory is not the issue. I'm only using like ~350mb in general, as opposed to almost 600 before I removed some apps.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA Premium HD app

Hmm idk what to tell you because I have no reboots ever. It's hard to narrow that stuff down. :(

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
gumby did you copy over the services.jar from Lee's rom. I believe he had to expand the buffer rates to account for the oc. The table was too narrow and when rates were reached that where out of the tables range a reboot occured.

IOIDroid

Apr 3, 2012
Leeds
Hi,

I ma using the same base as Gumby and so far ... I have not had any reboots , so i don't know what is the actual cause of them.

So i am a little bit stumped, I have tried looking through to see if there is anything but as I have said before, I struggle to understand a lot of the Kernel Stuff :/

:D

gumby did you copy over the services.jar from Lee's rom. I believe he had to expand the buffer rates to account for the oc. The table was too narrow and when rates were reached that where out of the tables range a reboot occured.

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta

I have only had these once or twice on your ROM Gumby, however they only appear to have started since you moved to the LeeDroid Kernel, before then everything was perfect.
I'm like 90% sure that I copied over the services.jar but it will do some testing to see if that helps. But yes it is probably kernel related. Maybe because of people overclocking

Reactions: RamboDroid

RamboDroid

Feb 26, 2010
FYI I have been running 1.81 for a real long time now(like since it was released) and have no problems this thing rungs great I never flashed 2.0 cuz the additions never appealed to me. Thanks Gumby for a great ROM.

This ROM is on i was able to flash and forget about it. Which it a good thing. No lag at all.

Reactions: Gumby63

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
Does anyone know how to close a poll and start a new one? Is that even possible? I think I'm just retarted or something lol.

Also, sorry for the lack of updates lately I've been pretty busy. Anyone have any requests or anything? Name it and I'll tell you if I can do it :) I'm bored

shirtlessrabbit4

Dec 18, 2011
Canton, OH
Does anyone know how to close a poll and start a new one? Is that even possible? I think I'm just retarted or something lol.

Also, sorry for the lack of updates lately I've been pretty busy. Anyone have any requests or anything? Name it and I'll tell you if I can do it :) I'm bored

Update the leedroid kernel to 3.1 if it isnt already, i love the batery tweaks it has :)

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Goods:
    • Based off of Westfire ROM (thanks Westfire for a great base, I take no credit for his work :))
    • Removed SEVERAL elements of HTC Sense including the launcher
    • Added launcher and keyboard from the XOOM
    • Custom status bar icons
    • Just see for yourself :cool:

I'm not responsible if for some reason this borks your tablet, you know the risks ;)

Bugs:
    • None that I know of.

Download Link:

v2.0:
    http://tinyw.in/FodR Mirror

v1.7:
    http://dev-host.org/gbY Mirror

Installation:

If you are currently running gingerbread, and want to use this rom then you MUST follow this HC upgrade guide first:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1358758

Put the ROM on your sd card and boot to recovery
    Make a backup if you desire then wipe cache, dalvik cache, and do a factory reset then flash the zip!

Note:

If you get a WiFi error after flashing, then do the following:

1. Extract the boot.img from the rom and place it in the same folder that contains your fastboot
    2. Open up command prompt and cd to that same folder you placed the boot.img
    3. Type: fastboot flash boot boot.img
    4. Reboot and it should be fixed!

Changelog:
    v2.0
    Updated to LeeDroid's kernel (Thanks leeDroid!)
    That means hardware keys and overclocking etc. Check that link to learn more about it --> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20601208&postcount=1
    Added leedroid tweaks to be able to disable the hardware keys
    This thread contains an awesome app to hide the status bar: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1454956

v1.8.1:
    Reverted to old font to fix the status bar issue
    Re-zipaligned and cleaned up the ROM a little bit
    Re did updater-script (not visually)
    I feel like i'm forgetting something like usual lol

I plan on making flashable zips for the honeycomb font and getting rid of signal icons for wifi users soon.

v1.8:
    *Just a minor update
    Swapped out a few icons
    Changed the clock font to stock HC
    Added some wallpapers from the Transformer Prime located in HTC Wallpapers
    Re-added the HTC calender to fix the force close issue in the notes app
    or it.**Before you flash I would make a backup of CalenderGoogle.apk and CalenderProvider.apk to ensure none of your events/important dates are erased**

v1.7:
    Removed more sense/htc apps
    Included NotesMobile app and FlexT9 keyboard
    AOSP Camera
    Reverted back to stock HC wifi and battery icons
    Fixed the launcher FC problem
    Probably more I'm forgetting

v1.6:
    Changed bootanimation
    Changed the wifi and battery icons to ICS
    re-added Mms.apk and Contacts.apk
    Removed some more sense/htc stuff
    Added AOSP browser and Gmail from ICS
    Removed the lockscreen shortcuts

Initial Release v1.5.1:
    See the attachment below for the complete changelog from the beginning

Screenshots:

v1.8+:
    21k0buv.png

v1.7 & lower:
    j6tlr4.jpg

2isdoub.png

sq35eb.png

wixd15.png

2ni8b2p.png
    Flashable mods:

Big thanks to vlara for the working Apktool and troubleshooting!

ICS Theme

Download:
    http://tinyw.in/1YDg

Mirror

Changelog:
    v20:
    • Changed the signal bars to ICS for 3g users

v10:
    • Themed the clock
    • Themed some of the quick settings
    • Added the correctly sized battery/wifi icons
    • Fixed the *pressed* button for the home, back, recent, and menu icons
    • Maybe more I'm forgetting :)

Screenshot:

dbp8on.png

2eyymnp.png

HTC StatusBar Icons

Download:
    http://tinyw.in/pjWI

Mirror

2q9gc34.png
    Just finished setting up after flash. Nice change up from sense feel. Definitely worth everyone giving it a go

PS. You changed the rom name at the beginning if the install script but at the end it still says westfire. Not important at all but just a fyi.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium
    The option to be a ICS theme, what I would love would be a plain cm7 like rom with as AOSP as possbile, but of course I would have to help because you cant go around asking for ROMs to be made :p

I'd be up for it. Wont have a lot of spare time on my hands this up coming week but shoot me a PM if you want to help work on anything.

Diving in here but i would think a Desire HD or Sensation CM7 ROM could be ported over easier then just building it for source much like its been done with the ICS build thats in this forum. That being said me personally (to each their own) dont have any desire to run a CM7 like ROM on my flyer I would miss the tablet apps and scribe functions too much.

Yeah both of my ports are from the DHD lol

I've recently pull the trigger too quick on saying "I love this ROM" (not about this rom) so I am a bit hesitant to say it again for this ROM (now actually meaning this ROM) ...but... I must say I'm on like day 10 or so and this thing has been bug free for me, the ICS theme satisfies my ICS hunger (though i want Chrome browser badly; its so fast).

With other ROMs it seemed like near day 4 for me there would be a lot of over all lag and odd Wifi connectivity issues(speaking of 2 other ROMs Ive tried; might be related to my app setup too IDK). So far I havent seen that in this ROM. If some one hacks Chrome to HC then I would (forgive me) be content without ICS. Now granted just like Chrome, now, there will be more apps and what-not that will probably be ICS only so I'm sure i will eventually go back on that statement.

So long story short I like the ROM a lot! Thanks Gumby

EDIT: So it hasnt been quite 10 days but I feel that I have put it to greater use over the past days then I have since I got this thing and that is due in part to how fluid the overall UX is (read: lagfree)
    SIDE NOTE: (I apparently love these (brackets) sorry)

Thanks man always love hearing good feedback :) It makes it all worth it
    Sorry guys I haven't been putting to much work into this lately. I've been trying to build ics for our tablet and it's rather difficult :p

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk