No registration required

[KERNEL][AOSP] Incredikernel (Chad+Tiny) - 11/30/2013

OP tiny4579

12th April 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 6

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

Does it happen every time? I tried a few times and I cannot reproduce it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

No, it seems to be completely random, but if I can reproduce it I will let you know. It has done it 2 or 3 times so far, but it does not do it every time I rotate to landscape.
12th April 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #52  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,362

8,131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessMan

No, it seems to be completely random, but if I can reproduce it I will let you know. It has done it 2 or 3 times so far, but it does not do it every time I rotate to landscape.

Try test7 that Chad posted on the previous page.

The Following User Says Thank You to tiny4579 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2012, 04:14 PM   |  #53  

48 posts
Quote:

Thanks, somehow I missed that post. I am installing now. FYI - I was able to make it reboot by opening chrome beta, navigating to a web page that takes a while to load, and then rotating the phone 90 degrees at a time until it rebooted. It also happened at least once in Gmail, but it was easiest to reproduce in chrome. I will let you know if I can break it with the new update.
12th April 2012, 04:32 PM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 2,036

5,595 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessMan

As weird as it sounds, I went from when Chad posted the beta ICS kernel yesterday until about twenty minutes ago without having any reboot issues. Odd thing is, I had reboots only happen after I changed my rotation settings and then changed the default from ondemand to lagfree. I'm on latest CM9, I've since switched to beta 7. Does that sound odd at all Tiny? I tried seeing if I could reproduce your issue since I was reboot free like Tiny.
12th April 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #55  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,362

8,131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

As weird as it sounds, I went from when Chad posted the beta ICS kernel yesterday until about twenty minutes ago without having any reboot issues. Odd thing is, I had reboots only happen after I changed my rotation settings and then changed the default from ondemand to lagfree. I'm on latest CM9, I've since switched to beta 7. Does that sound odd at all Tiny? I tried seeing if I could reproduce your issue since I was reboot free like Tiny.

To be honest I'm not that familiar with that issue and I didn't spend that much time troubleshooting that issue. I just tried 4-5 rotations without changing any settings for it on evervolv 2.2.0 a1.

12th April 2012, 07:14 PM   |  #56  

5,595 posts
More
Quote:

To be honest I'm not that familiar with that issue and I didn't spend that much time troubleshooting that issue. I just tried 4-5 rotations without changing any settings for it on evervolv 2.2.0 a1.

Gotcha, well I haven't noticed anything since I upgraded the kernel. I haven't had much success with video in any browser however I didn't have any success with the stock kernel on CM9. For me, it isn't an issue since I usually have a tablet or computer near me. What is HWA supposed to affect? I've been wondering this for awhile and I don't truly see what we would notice on the Inc. Could you clarify what it does on the Inc?
12th April 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #57  

48 posts
Quote:

Test7 is working much better. No reboots. I did have one freeze up when I plugged in my USB cable, but since I am overclocked I am not going to complain. It seems to be fine since I pulled the battery. Great kernel!
13th April 2012, 06:26 AM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 17

191 posts
More
I've had a couple of lockups when charging with test 7. Other than that, it's been running well on the CM9 kang.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA
13th April 2012, 04:32 PM   |  #59  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 18

104 posts
More
I've noticed something strange between Test 6 and Test 7. They both seem to work the same for me -very well - 99% of the time.

I had one lock-up when plugging the phone in to charge with 7.
But the real curious issue that prompts me to write, is this - I've noticed that when playing Words with Friends, the game freezes at these three points: when returning to the game after reading a message, when loading the ad after you make a move, and returning to the game after viewing the ad.
With Test 6, there is a small delay at these points, but it doesn't freeze. On Test 7, I pretty much have to exit the app and come back, because it will hang for a long time or even freeze while I'm waiting.

I only bring it up because of the different behavior from one kernel to the next. Other games and apps seem to run equally well on both, but this one game exposes something different in them. Chad, Tiny - any thoughts?

[edit:] ok after testing for a while longer, the difference isn't as great as I thought at first. It still hangs when using Test 6 as well as Test 7. I think the stock, or Tiamat kernels worked better with the app, so I will test it on those.
Last edited by miketwoms; 13th April 2012 at 04:46 PM.
13th April 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #60  

5,595 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckFarley

I've had a couple of lockups when charging with test 7. Other than that, it's been running well on the CM9 kang.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

I've had the same issue too. For me, it happens when I leave my phone charging and come back once it's charged, it will be non-responsive to the power button.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread