Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][KANG][16.07.2012] CyanogenMod 9 Milestone XT720 RC

OP fjfalcon

12th April 2012, 08:00 PM   |  #421  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by space4ace

We should all get together and make a donation so that fjfalcon can buy himself another Motorola XT720. We need guys like him to keep our phones alive.
Agree? Disagree? Comments?


Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

I agree. Count me in.

Sent from my bot crawling all over the web
The Following User Says Thank You to tltan86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #422  
telnet777's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfalcon

I have no priority at all for now.
I lost my xt720.
So anyone can "fork" mine build and continue to work on it.

Hi, fjfalcon,

I've registered at github. My home address is https://github.com/telnet777

But how to fork your build?

Does every Public Repositories under https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720 need be forked?

If I only what to work on ics, which Repositories should be forked?
13th April 2012, 08:02 AM   |  #423  
fjfalcon's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Schelkovo
Thanks Meter: 1,266
 
841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by telnet777

Hi, fjfalcon,

I've registered at github. My home address is https://github.com/telnet777

But how to fork your build?

Does every Public Repositories under https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720 need be forked?

If I only what to work on ics, which Repositories should be forked?


Go to android/default.xml at ics branch.
It's all there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fjfalcon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #424  
fjfalcon's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Schelkovo
Thanks Meter: 1,266
 
841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
http://android.fjfalcon.com/Files/Mo...413-signed.zip

Camera should start to work.. but i haven't tested, cause don't have phone.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fjfalcon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 05:46 PM   |  #425  
napnau's Avatar
Member
Flag Pampanga
Thanks Meter: 20
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
I'm glad you're back. I have been following you works since August last year. I never thought I could do so much on my phone. I hope you could get another one (XT720) for further development. Thank you and more power.
13th April 2012, 06:37 PM   |  #426  
napnau's Avatar
Member
Flag Pampanga
Thanks Meter: 20
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
This is a CM9 based Music Player. Delete the old one and replace with this. Nice look.
Attached Files
File Type: apk CM Music.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.04 MB, 15 views)
File Type: apk GoogleMusicTheme.apk - [Click for QR Code] (118.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: zip Music Theme Template.zip - [Click for QR Code] (107.8 KB, 11 views)
13th April 2012, 06:59 PM   |  #427  
telnet777's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfalcon

Go to android/default.xml at ics branch.
It's all there.

Hi, fjfalcon,

I've forked all github Repositories (total:190,find two duplicated:android_external_bootmenu and android_packages_apps_Usb) inside of android/default.xml at ics branch.

And all aosp project(total:62) can't be forked.

Pls have a look at https://github.com/telnet777 (I've start a test Repository, total:191).

Am I do fork right? Thank you very much!
13th April 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #428  
Mioze7Ae's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Queen City of the West
Thanks Meter: 2,096
 
2,153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by telnet777

Hi, fjfalcon,

I've forked all github Repositories (total:190,find two duplicated:android_external_bootmenu and android_packages_apps_Usb) inside of android/default.xml at ics branch.

And all aosp project(total:62) can't be forked.

Pls have a look at https://github.com/telnet777 (I've start a test Repository, total:191).

Am I do fork right? Thank you very much!

No, this is wrong. Generally, you only want to make a fork when you absolutely have to (because you need to make changes). Otherwise, you have to keep each one of your forks in sync upstream--which is a lot of work. So, one of your goals should be to minimize the number of forks to the bare minimum.

If you look in CyanogenModXT720/android at the default.xml on the various branches you will see only a few repositories that are actually maintained by the "CyanogenModXT720" organization.

You may also find this helpful: http://motomagic.org/docs/local_manifest.xml (esp. Scenario 1&2 in the examples section)
Last edited by Mioze7Ae; 13th April 2012 at 07:13 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mioze7Ae For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2012, 04:54 AM   |  #429  
telnet777's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mioze7Ae

No, this is wrong. Generally, you only want to make a fork when you absolutely have to (because you need to make changes). Otherwise, you have to keep each one of your forks in sync upstream--which is a lot of work. So, one of your goals should be to minimize the number of forks to the bare minimum.

If you look in CyanogenModXT720/android at the default.xml on the various branches you will see only a few repositories that are actually maintained by the "CyanogenModXT720" organization.

You may also find this helpful: http://motomagic.org/docs/local_manifest.xml (esp. Scenario 1&2 in the examples section)

Hi,Mioze7Ae,

You are really a warm-hearted developer!

Your reply is very helpful. I want to use a chinese idiom '茅塞顿开' to describe how it helped me, which means to come to a understanding all of a sudden!

I've forked CyanogenModXT720/android and changed default.xml at ics branch.
Am I right now?

Code:
271     -  <project path="android" name="CyanogenModXT720/android" /> 
   271  +  <project path="android" name="telnet777/android" />
If I want to make a build for XT711, then I need to fork CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest, make changes to default.xml(change CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest to telnet/android_device_motorola_sholest), and work on it.

Am I right?

But if CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest has been deleted. What will happen to telnet777/android_device_motorola_sholest?

And how to upstream CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest to make telnet777/android_device_motorola_sholest up-to-date?



----------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
I've found upstream at http://help.github.com/fork-a-repo/

$ git fetch upstream(Pulls in changes not present in your local repository, without modifying your files)
Last edited by telnet777; 14th April 2012 at 08:26 AM.
14th April 2012, 05:33 AM   |  #430  
Senior Member
Flag china
Thanks Meter: 44
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Hi, fj. can you help me?
Attached Files
File Type: txt 113.log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (59.1 KB, 3 views)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes