Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Looking for new rom

OP knightslay2

3rd April 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Well, if u know chinese, u can go to the bbs.gfan.com to have to look at their rom. Although most of them are originally from xda, they may give u some different experience. U should check it out
4th April 2012, 06:01 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 257

1,413 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightslay2

Hi all,
I'm back and would like your input on good roms. I have been using Virtuous Quattro RC3 for sometime but I just don't like how the graphical glitches make me have to reboot my phone several times a day. I would like to use an ics rom.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using xda premium

Unless youre sold on the UI of ICS id give one of the Sense 4 roms a spin (taz's for example) theyre actually stupidly stable and smooth!

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA
12th April 2012, 01:13 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2

202 posts
More
I had enough of HTC Sense. I will not go back to it. It slow and buggy. I tried sense 4. Still slow. Not as fast stock android.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
12th April 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
Quote:

Hi
I am new to rooting to my phone and would like to know if any roms that supports traditional Chinese and Korean?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

I would definitely try the MIUI roms. They're great!
13th April 2012, 08:09 PM   |  #15  
Flag Steenbergen
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I think Sense 4.0 is a disappointment. Tried it on my Desire Z and it's not what I expected. The stock Android is much faster and better.

The MIUI ROM's absolutely don't work for me... Found them very laggy, but it does have some great functionalities.

I just use JIBwich, a stock Android ROM as it is on the Galaxy Nexus.
14th April 2012, 03:53 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 257

1,413 posts
More
Quote:

I had enough of HTC Sense. I will not go back to it. It slow and buggy. I tried sense 4. Still slow. Not as fast stock android.

Really?? I've had sense 4 on my phone for a few weeks now and its the smoothest my phone has ever been. Including over stock gingerbread or stock ics!

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA
14th April 2012, 09:33 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 316

1,331 posts
Quote:

I would very strongly recomend the ILWT CM7 build (available under the development section). You will never want to move away. Atleast that has been the case with me, after trying sense and miui, I found home with this one.

Its fast, issue free, pretty optimized (although got further optimization you can use v6, akmo or rmp) and is pretty frequently updated (generally on every major CM build).

Been using it for almost a few months and can't even think of moving, not to any ICS either (personally, don't like the virtual keys always on screen on the ICS).

Hope it helps - cheers!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2
14th April 2012, 05:09 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
You can try Andromadus Audacity! Very fast and stable for a beta! You can find this rom on android development thread of this section

Inviato dal mio HTC Desire Z by Zendarino
14th April 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2

202 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezapatel

I would very strongly recomend the ILWT CM7 build (available under the development section). You will never want to move away. Atleast that has been the case with me, after trying sense and miui, I found home with this one.

Its fast, issue free, pretty optimized (although got further optimization you can use v6, akmo or rmp) and is pretty frequently updated (generally on every major CM build).

Been using it for almost a few months and can't even think of moving, not to any ICS either (personally, don't like the virtual keys always on screen on the ICS).

Hope it helps - cheers!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

I flashed to that rom. I really miss how the the suggestions for the keyboard in ics. Im glad to back on a fully functional on-screen keyboard that doesn't lag. I was using the unofficial cyanogen mod 9. It had issues here and there. I kind of miss ics for its looks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread