Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 43,054 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung is taking back samsung galaxy R

Tip us?

reymysterio7
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarwadhwa1 View Post
My touchscreen was giving some issues and stopped responding altogether in a particular region, so i went in to the service center and my Galaxy R was repaired in about 30 mins. The whole LCD unit was changed.
And no such problems (reboots, hanging of phone) have been faced by me! I am on stock Indian firmware 2.3.5 (Latest here) and i have only rooted it, no custom kernel for me.
You are way too lucky dude. I have been having these random reboots for 10 days now. I have tried EVERYTHING on my part to try and rectify it. Now I've given up. Must be a hardware problem only. It shutsdown whenever there is low signal or fluctuation in signal.

I'm going to take it to service center and from what i heard Galaxy R is discontinued so they will not have spare parts mostly and I will not get replacement. Only refund.

Sucks man, I loved my phone while i used it for 2 months - It was awesome. Tried different ROM's Kernels Firmwares everything. And then this problem comes up. Now its all gonna go back to Samsung. Adios Galaxy R.......

panu123
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Did you get a refund and how much that compared to bill receipt?

gearbox87x
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Smile About my Phone

My Galaxy R had some problems like black screen, Phone mic/speaker got dead while attending call......
so i updated to 2.3.6 Taiwan... now its works like charm.... no problem yet.. so my conclusion is INDIAN firmware 2.3.4 is ultra buggy.....

panu123
Old
Thanks Meter 1
When I purchased Galaxy R, I got 2.3.5 OS but it still have same problem of random restarts. Not sure if all the people who updated from India stock ROM to Taiwan stock ROM are happy.

dilipd1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
No problems with my handset

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA

Cloudus91
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Hi guys.

I'm owner of the Motorola Atrix and I'm sure that this is a Tegra's 2 problem.

Simply because LG Optimus 2x,Atrix4G and Galaxy R have the same problems.

ofabhishek
Old
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
bought my Galaxy R back in December... till date no single issue faced
just before few days i rooted it....as earlier its working flawlessly

Prankey
Old
(Last edited by Prankey; 13th April 2012 at 05:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by panu123 View Post
Did you get a refund and how much that compared to bill receipt?
Dude, you will get full refund if you go for it due to VALID reason. There is no question of any deduction and its written on the warranty card you have got and probably forgotten about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panu123 View Post
When I purchased Galaxy R, I got 2.3.5 OS but it still have same problem of random restarts. Not sure if all the people who updated from India stock ROM to Taiwan stock ROM are happy.
And why do you think so? I believe we all are happy. Indian ROM is UNUSABLE and that is the reason Samsung is so forthcoming to recall the phones and refund instead of simply porting Taiwan 2.3.6 ROM and save from this disgrace. Tells well how these folks at Samsung India eating fat salaries instead of doing their homework!

panu123
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Prankey,
I too got restart issue. Gave it to service center and they are going to replace some part. Waiting few more days as they are calling that part from some other location and will fix and give back me my phone.

Just want to know what people have to say on Taiwan ROM. If updating to different ROM solves the issue then customer care should do that officially or provide new update from Taiwan ROM instead to go for some h/w part change.

reymysterio7
Old
Thanks Meter 18
If your phone has power issues, then in all probability it is a hardware issue. Nothing to do with Tegra chipset, in the service center - I have seen users with S2 and Note having the same problem. Its due to a short circuit caused by some faulty components.. Nothing to do with ROMs. Although I agree that Indian ROM has a few software bugs.

Omega v27.1 | Siyah Kernel 1.6.5
Nokia 3230
Nokia 3220
--
Enter as strangers, leave as friends.