Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[Q] need some help

OP ollievssn

12th April 2012, 09:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vaassen
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
hello,

I hope someone could help me as i have no idea how to my G1 back to stock.

i tried to flash my g1 to an froyo build but i couldn't do anything anymore. now i try to get it back to stock rom.
the only thing i still can do on my phone is i can get into recovery mode...
i can't get to the rainbow screen.

i have an dutch G1 but i cant get any other of the specs anymore cause i dont know how to get them on this phone.

i hope someone could help me as i tried to search a lot on Google and XDA but i could not find anything related to this ****ty problem.

thanks in advance for the one who could help me.

greets Ollievssn
12th April 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 344

1,604 posts
Power + Back takes you to recovery, too? Did you check whether your home button is stuck?
12th April 2012, 09:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vaassen

16 posts
More
Power + Back also works.

but what can i do with this?

EDIT: i pluged in my USB cable and i saw it was Fastboot. But i still dont know what i can do with this
Last edited by ollievssn; 12th April 2012 at 09:53 PM.
12th April 2012, 10:09 PM   |  #4  
Flag Heidelberg

1,604 posts
If you have a working fastboot mode, you can do almost everything, i.e.
- flashing a new recovery / rom
- flashing new radio / spl

A tutorial you can find here

Probably it's enough to flash a new rom to solve your problems. In that case, you should first select the rom you would like to run, then to flash the requirements (i.e. SPL, radio, etc.) and than the ROM.

What SPL / radio do you have installed? Can you post what's written on the fastboot screen?
12th April 2012, 10:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vaassen

16 posts
More
The thing written (wrong spelling i guess) on my fastboot screen is:

DREA110 PVT 32b
HSPL10.95.3000
CPLD-4
RADIO-2.22.19.26 1 or I (i couldn't tell from the screen)

Oct 20 2008
12th April 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #6  
Flag Heidelberg

1,604 posts
Ok, you have installed the so called "HardSPL", which is a custom SPL which unfortunately doesn't allow you to flash recovery / radio / SPL using fastboot.
Now you have different possibilities:
1) keep your spl / radio and flash a rom which supports your SPL/radio. The old enomther roms, CM4/5 should work without problems
2) keep your spl / radio in combination with custom partition tables. In that case, you should be able to run CM6 or other Eclair/Froyo based roms, too.
3) Update your SPL and/or radio and you will be able to run all roms available for the G1

In your case, updating the SPL is to be done in recovery mode. This is a bit more risky that doing so in fastboot, because flashing is done while setting the "reboot into recovery" flag. If for some reason the recovery cannot be started correctly you will have a brick.

There are some tutorials here in the G1 area guiding you through these steps, unfortunately I don't have the links available at the moment, but if you search for it, you should find it easily.

Btw. if you really want to return to tock, you can also flash an original image ...
Last edited by AndDiSa; 12th April 2012 at 10:37 PM.
12th April 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vaassen

16 posts
More
i really want to return to stock rom but i dont know how
12th April 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #8  
Flag Heidelberg

1,604 posts
There are some OTA images available which you can flash. The easiest way would be the "dreaimg.nbh", but this will give you only Android 1.1.

There are some other images available (at least one which give you Android 1.5), but at the moment I don't have the link. Additionally all the original roms do provide only a limited number of languages, so probably you need to check first, whether your language is supported by those ota-images ...

Probably tomorrow I will have a look whether I can provide you with a / some link(s).
12th April 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vaassen

16 posts
More
That would be great.

but for now i will keep trying to find something, and thanks to your notes i probably will be able to find something

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread